Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Saw that Elder Scrolls Online video last night. I don't know why they bother with that stuff as the combat in the real thing is always going to be a disappointment to anyone who watches it. I was planning on a Switch play though but after being spoiled by the glorious combat from the For Honor beta I think it'll be a struggle. If you could stick that fighting system into an Elder Scrolls game I'd be all over it. The bow is still cool I suppose.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Boom! The paralyse perk for 100 in archery is good fun.

It really is.. Funny when they fall off platforms and stuff.

Finished a quest for some fancy new armour.

Here's me wearing it and Lydia just hanging out.

16387140_10212393672495965_6333696515727234501_n.jpg?oh=eeea1667bb021df7fa5fea78ba832d85&oe=58FDFF1A
    The Forum Herald™
  • Appear to have got to the end of the DLC story without progressing far enough along the mainstory..so nothing happened.. I generally don't like the
    Spoiler:
    so I'll be pissed if I've got to do all that again.

Anyway, mostly I've really enjoyed the dragonborn DLC and gotten some nice armour.

Going to go back to the main game as I think I've polished off most of the side quests too.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just got the trophy for 100,000 coins

Also learned dragonrend

It's a wee bit annoying that the dlc requires you to learn two shouts but you don't get any souls.

Had to go back to the main game
    The Forum Herald™
  • Finally managed to polish off Dawnguard the other day. Christ that was a grind, couldn't wait to get past it. Vampire Lord stuff seemed far more trouble than it was worth, so didn't bother using the power once. Looking forward to getting back to just wandering the lands with Lydia in suitably scrap-happy fashion.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Finally managed to polish off Dawnguard the other day. Christ that was a grind, couldn't wait to get past it. Vampire Lord stuff seemed far more trouble than it was worth, so didn't bother using the power once. Looking forward to getting back to just wanderinug the lands with Lydia in suitably scrap-happy fashion.

Not recommended? Shame as I enjoyed the one I just did.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Started off fine but went downhill real fast. Sided with the vamps but the new companion it saddles you with is a bit dull, and twice (twice!) they throw in an objective which involves travelling to several different waypoints in a mostly empty area, but placed absolutely miles from each other. Lacked a bit of imagination, but I'm glad that I can finally say goodbye to the random vampire/dawnguard attacks every time I left a town.
  • I got stuck doing the same thing twice because I forgot to take the cube out of the machine thing.. then had to trek all the way back in because the lift doesn't let you open the doors.

Also Raziel.. I'm still werewolf but NPCs keep telling me I don't look well? I thought I couldn't get any disease?

Any ideas?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Don't worry about it.  You are 100% immune to disease as a werewolf.  If you're ever curious about what buffs and debuffs are effecting your character you can check Active Effects under Magic.  That would show any disease you might have contracted
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    If you're ever curious about what buffs and debuffs are effecting your character you can check Active Effects under Magic.

I was curious so I checked..

16640932_10212473514051954_6993998141919347224_n.jpg?oh=a829db0457b5956c4f40ce7061431bbf&oe=594C1C3E

There's a lot of buffs going on..

Is there anyway to tell why I've got reduced Stamina Regen and reduced lock picking?
    The Forum Herald™
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's the disease you're carrying, same reason the folk tell you that you look unwell
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    That's the disease you're carrying, same reason the folk tell you that you look unwell

Yet I have Resist Disease.. there's no disease listed and I went to a shrine to be on the safe side.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It usually tells you what it is that's buffing or debuffing you.  What does it say on the left side of the screen when you highlight one of the debuffs?
    Get schwifty.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ah, in that case maybe an item you have is enchanted with reduce lockpicking

Sometimes people will still tell you that you are unwell, even long after you've cured the disease
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Raiziel wrote:
    It usually tells you what it is that's buffing or debuffing you.  What does it say on the left side of the screen when you highlight one of the debuffs?

Ah, Didn't know you could do that.. thanks guys.. will have a look.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Oh one more thing Raz.

Is there a reliable online map somewhere for .. research?

I'm looking for Liar's Retreat.. but the map screenshot I've got doesn't show much around it for reference.
    The Forum Herald™
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I always found the wiki to be pretty good

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Liar's_Retreat?file=Liar's_Retreat_map_location.jpg

However I generally like to just explore like a mofo, so I can later fast travel everywhere. I think next playthrough will have to be a no fast travel job, god knows how long that would take though
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    A no fast travel, do most stuff play through took me four hundred hours.  Loved every minute.
    Get schwifty.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I always found the wiki to be pretty good http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Liar's_Retreat?file=Liar's_Retreat_map_location.jpg However I generally like to just explore like a mofo, so I can later fast travel everywhere. I think next playthrough will have to be a no fast travel job, god knows how long that would take though

That's the map I'm trying to use.

But it's no use for that particular location as there's not enough around it to reference.
    The Forum Herald™
  • 16712049_10212519145152703_6940011159380203451_n.jpg?oh=ac3c6d488b7bfcd862dcc7d59863b801&oe=592DE2A7

Sit Rep,

Killed 20 Dragons and learned 20 shouts.
    Level 42
    Just finished the Magic College quest line.

Unfortunately somewhere along that quest I lost Lydia. She wasn't with me when I entered Labyrinthia and she wasn't with me when I went back to the college to defeat matey.

I assumed it was a solo thing.. now the last save with her is 20 hours ago.

I've checked back at Labyrinthia and she's not there, I've checked my house in Breezehome and she's not there. I've checked the college and the arch mage quarters and she's not there.

Any ideas? Does she default back to somewhere if she's lost or left or does she just wait where ever .. I'm pretty sure I didn't tell her to wait.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Same thing happened to me. Turned out she'd copped it in a bandit fortress a few hours before and I hadn't noticed. Went back and her body was still there, pretty well hidden under a patch of grass. Perhaps you lost her in a similar skirmish? Might be worth revisiting some of your battle sites to see if you can track her down.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If you're worried about the cleaning not getting done, just adopt a kid
  • Gave it 48 hours of waiting, as per internet research, and she was back in Breezehome.
    The Forum Herald™
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yay, glad to hear that
  • Now she's gone again, and in the middle of a civil war too..

I'm a 100 hours in... I wonder whether it's getting to much for her ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think there are known issues with Lydia disappearing during the Civil War quest line.  Probably something to do with the Battle for Whiterun.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I think there are known issues with Lydia disappearing during the Civil War quest line.  Probably something to do with the Battle for Whiterun.

That's what I've just done ... will she come back in 48 hours or should I reload and leave her at beeezehome?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Before you do have you checked to see if she's at Dragonsreach?
    Get schwifty.
  • No. Will check that first.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Also have a quick scan of the bugs list on this page:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lydia
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!