Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • On the basis that I’ll be a stealthy archer again and I don’t wanna be cat man again what should I start out as Raz?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Wood Elf all day.
  • Yeah I think I went woof elf second time.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The tech is now here that allows you to inhabit the world through PSVR. But people seem more excited by the fact that they'll soon be able to play it when they're on the bog.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I watched some of Higton’s play through on Eurogamer earlier.  Looked too clunky and awkward for my liking.
    Get schwifty.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    The tech is now here that allows you to inhabit the world through PSVR. But people seem more excited by the fact that they'll soon be able to play it when they're on the bog.

How will they know when to stop wiping if they have a headset on?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I watched some of Higton’s play through on Eurogamer earlier.  Looked too clunky and awkward for my liking.

Sad face
    The Forum Herald™
  • The Gamespot video review looks OK. I never finished the original. So quite happy to pick this up. Hope it's a success in sales terms so we can get more first person rpg's on the Switch.
  • If there’d been any chance of me carrying over my PS4 save (or even character) I’d have been tempted by this, but I don’t think I have the energy to dip in 50+ hours for a third time only to leave it unfinished again.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I don’t believe this but it looks like Amazon have fucked me yet again.  My order isn’t even out for delivery yet.  Looks like I’m going digital.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's fucking amazing on the small screen. Haven't tried the motion control yet but it looks so sweet.

I'm already on my way for the golden claw. Loving tweaking my bow aiming with the motion controls Splatoon style.

It's like going back for a favourite holiday with the added bonus that I'll be able to play every evening while the wife is watching telly and the fast loading is proper fast.. I'm tempted to try and do a 'no fast travel' adventure.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Let's hope somehow they can get Witcher3 onto the Switch
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Let's hope somehow they can get Witcher3 onto the Switch

Hahahahahahahaha
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kazuo wrote:
    If there’d been any chance of me carrying over my PS4 save (or even character) I’d have been tempted by this, but I don’t think I have the energy to dip in 50+ hours for a third time only to leave it unfinished again.

Is there no chance of transferring the save? I put my 360 Skyrim (non special edition) saves onto the PC which worked surprisingly well, never had issues really.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha

Already running on Switch via rainway app (streaming). You can google it. Don't think it's inconceivable to have it running natively on the Switch.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:

*crosses all fingers and toes*
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Mikemsp wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    The tech is now here that allows you to inhabit the world through PSVR. But people seem more excited by the fact that they'll soon be able to play it when they're on the bog.
    How will they know when to stop wiping if they have a headset on?

hahaha, got Jim Jeffries guide dog bit in my head now
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Switch 2 maybe?
    Get schwifty.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nah, s'witcher 3 he's on about.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha

Already running on Switch via rainway app (streaming). You can google it. Don't think it's inconceivable to have it running natively on the Switch.

Yeah I know but that's like Ps4 remote play not running on the actual switch it's self.

The Xbox One didn't run it much above 720p , so gods knows how bad it would be on the Switch

• I'd love it as well but no chance
  • Yeah I'd be happy to see PS3/360 ports galore though.

Ps4/Bone stuff not so much.
    The Forum Herald™
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Hardly played this on PC, soon as I see those choose body part for hits controls I lose the will to play on. Does the Switch’s motion controls improve hand to hand combat?
    Things can only get better.
  • Games Radar say yes.
    The Forum Herald™
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Thanks!
    Things can only get better.
  • The dungeons are dark!
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Couldn't miss out on a bit of Skyrim VR once the first few positive reviews came in. 

Tis a lovely thing if you've got the kit.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Are you using the 'coasting' feature or just teleporting everywhere?  I must say, I do like the new ability to notch an arrow.  How difficult is it to hit a target though.  Tell us more about the VR Skyrim experience in general!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hoo Muma... Phewee.. 

In all honesty when I first said it looked lovely I was just commenting on having watched a nephew play a bit  and enjoying his squeals of delight and surprise and whatnot. It seemed to be an amazing experience and that was with the controller mode with coasting and a mix of free motion and snap turning. It looked.. pretty darn great.

When they passed out to sleep (staying over, their house needing some essential emulsion to cover the cracks yadda yadda) I had a chance to get the Move controllers fired up and working (it's an option form the first load screen and that VR option not if you go in the game and use that VR option.. hey ho.. 

But bugger me.. That's the evening gone then and I'm just coming up for air. Hours have passed.. it's midnight ferchrissakes! Cleared me Bleak Buggers Barrow and handed back the Golden Claw for the eleventy hundreth time but the scale and immersiveness is .. very, very engaging. It might help that I'm a hardened old git when it comes to VR and so had no gut trouble at all. With the Moves you sort of steer around a bit with the left controller and bash Draugr over the head with your right one. The left hen also goes into a shield and this all works out fine.. in a Skyrim clunky combat kind of way. It's not pretty but you can still very much get it to work. 
    As I went sexy lady Wood Elf I was also going for some bow action and again.. it's fine. Aiming seems perfectly viable even with the move.... foibles and I was pinging fools from range with little problem. 
    I was only on Adept? Or whatever one step up form Novice is so the combat is not exactly taxing anyway but so far it's ok. I can see it getting less so with increased difficulty and more eejits attacking as the controls need to be re-learnt and the movement doesn't perhaps lend itself well to fast combat.. archery megadeath mode as ever could be the way to go for VR. 

I thought this would just be a nice little tickle as and quick voyage into VR but now I really want to see the scale of the world again and climb mountains, see cities.. I could be going under for a full Skyrim methinks..
    It. Is. Awesome.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    High praise indeed, isanbard.  Glad it’s really working out for you.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!