Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • Would love an Elder Scrolls without levelling and numbers everywhere.
  • What a time sink this is
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not if you fast travel

*ducks*
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Not if you fast travel *ducks*

For sure you can fast travel to fuck and it’s still hugely time consuming.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    The best of time sinks. Loving it all over again.
    Get schwifty.
  • All this Skyrim Switch talk has got me back playing the Xbox One SE version again.  Toyed with the idea of using Creation Club , as their paid-for Survival mode mod seem a bit more refined than the stuff you can get for  free. However, 6 quid's worth of credits will only get you this new mode, and an 'arcane archer' pack (elemental arrows).  But still not enough to buy a snazzy bow to go with it too- and this is with a  '50% Black Friday' discount!  I heard this was a dumb move by Bethesda, but until now I hadn't realised just how dumb.

It's weird to think that (albeit for a tiny minority of people) some folks first taste of Skyrim will be through a Nintendo handheld....  PSVR user reviews are very mixed.  People raving about how wonderful it is in VR are lambasted as Bethesda fanboys.  But I need to find out whether its true that PSVR can only render Skyrim in 480p - if that's the case, what's the point??
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Well it’s vr
    The Forum Herald™
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    As much as I'd love to try this I can't justify spending 60 Euro on it when this will be my 4th purchase of the same game.

So a thing happened, I wandered into Gamestop and noticed Black Friday was on tomorrow. I asked about Skyrim on the Switch and the chap said if you're a level 3 loyalty card holder there's 20% off the rrp of 59.99 which brought it down to 48.00

At this stage I am getting tempted. He says "let me scan your card there"...  Well wouldn't you know. There was 15 quid on it. 33 space credits for portable Skyrim? Okay, why not.

I've got the rubberist of arms.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Good port, although my hands ache after a few minutes of playing on handheld. But I've always had that issue. Rolled a Dunmer magic/thief build. Should be fun.
  • I Like having the screen on the stand and the two controllers seperate for full on archer and dual wielding fun.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Must try that. Sounds like fun.
  • Just got this today from grainger games for £39.85. A bit steep for a 6 year old game but the cheapest I could find it. 

Haven't even tried handheld mode yet as have had a rare chance to hog the TV. I always find it a funny thing with skyrim I'm never sure if I'm enjoying it as my inner monologue is constantly noting flaws and things I've remembered from last time I played that annoyed me and yet I sat down and played it for 3 hours just now and it felt like 15 minutes. I've paused for a break and I just want to get back to it now and discover more stuff!

Is there a suggested level for the dragon born dlc? As that's the only thing I didn't do on previous playthroughs
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • I'd leave it to the later game if you can. I tried it a bit too early on with the PS4 edition and got my arse handed to me by most enemies I encountered.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Indeed.  Solstheim is running alive with deathlords and you won’t stand a chance at low levels
    Get schwifty.
  • Ah ok. I'll just plow through the other stuff first. Currently doing the golden claw side quest and despite trying to diversify my build I'm yet again playing as a sneaking archer with a warhammer!
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's hard to visual a build at the start. Especially when you get drawn into the perk trees and find yourself thinking "oh my god I'll never get to the top of that" - But yeah, Dunmer Magic Thief for me this time. Last build on Xbox was a Paladin.
  • Need some help, lv 9 been leveling up health and magic and have upgrading destruction magic (fire) and single handed weapons.
    Done a bit of the dark brotherhood quests and went up a hill to see some monks on the main quest but can't seem to progress - get my ass handed to me constantly.
    tips?

• Sound like you've met your first Frost Troll atop High Hrothgar. They regenerate health and can be lethal at lower levels.  Use fire against them and  be prepared to run. Engaging them toe to toe is suicide. If it's the Ice Wraiths giving you problems, get some frost resistance potions or magic gear.  There are some ugly bears too in that area. Keep your distance and stun lock with fireballs is the answer.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Classic Ryu
  • Also if I remember correctly if you visit the area and then come back they stay the same level? so you can a few side quests and come back stronger and he'll be the same level.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Was past that bit and onto some dungeon with illusion dudes, made some progresss today but do feel under powered

• Just how good is skyrim on switch. I'm asking cos I might abandon ps4 version to just go handheld. Put about 40 hours in on ps4 but reckon I could start afresh... Cos it's skyrim on the switch!!
    Peter3C
  • It's great
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    It's great

Sold! Christ that was painless
    Peter3C
  • It's skyrim on the go. It looks great on the small screen, the controls are great and the load times are shorter ... the price is a bit steep but it's cart innit?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I just know I've more chance of finishing it on switch than any other platform
    Peter3C
  • yeah switch version has no slow down (i have noted) and good load times

• The Switch version sounds like a very good port and  the chance to waggle your sword with a joycon in the face of a Draugr sounds like a right laugh. However if there was ever a game that needs to played on the Big Screen it's Skyrim.  The outdoor vistas deserve nothing less. I don't see the attraction in squinting at a small screen.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It’s a decent sized screen and if you’re holding it right in front of you those vistas lose nothing of their grandeur.

As for the port, it really is excellent, but not without issues. I’ve encountered some considerable audio bugs.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!