Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It is a great port and it looks great on the 720p screen. My only issue, as is always the case for me, is my hands cramp after 20 or 30 minutes of play. That's more of a personal glitch though ;) I'm sure not everyone will have that issue :D
  • I always have a personal " glitch " if it's in my hands for 20-30 mins
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • problem I am having is I pick up a new set of quests do the first one say then onto the second which involves walking for ages as it's in the middle of nowhere.  Arrive and get my arse handed to me as the baddies (cultists for example) are way too hard for me.
    Am I missing something?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Just chase butterflies and drink mead?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • problem I am having is I pick up a new set of quests do the first one say then onto the second which involves walking for ages as it's in the middle of nowhere.  Arrive and get my arse handed to me as the baddies (cultists for example) are way too hard for me. Am I missing something?

What combat are you using? Hire a mercenary?

It's possible to kill a couple, run away, sleep or magic health and save and then re-engage.

Or try to stealth it up.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Or ya know, just lower the difficulty? ;)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    console commands

coc qasmoke

All outfits, weapons, spells, staffs, just choose the right tool for the job
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Anyone tried this on vr?
  • isanbard wrote:
    Hoo Muma... Phewee..  In all honesty when I first said it looked lovely I was just commenting on having watched a nephew play a bit  and enjoying his squeals of delight and surprise and whatnot. It seemed to be an amazing experience and that was with the controller mode with coasting and a mix of free motion and snap turning. It looked.. pretty darn great. When they passed out to sleep (staying over, their house needing some essential emulsion to cover the cracks yadda yadda) I had a chance to get the Move controllers fired up and working (it's an option form the first load screen and that VR option not if you go in the game and use that VR option.. hey ho..  But bugger me.. That's the evening gone then and I'm just coming up for air. Hours have passed.. it's midnight ferchrissakes! Cleared me Bleak Buggers Barrow and handed back the Golden Claw for the eleventy hundreth time but the scale and immersiveness is .. very, very engaging. It might help that I'm a hardened old git when it comes to VR and so had no gut trouble at all. With the Moves you sort of steer around a bit with the left controller and bash Draugr over the head with your right one. The left hen also goes into a shield and this all works out fine.. in a Skyrim clunky combat kind of way. It's not pretty but you can still very much get it to work.  As I went sexy lady Wood Elf I was also going for some bow action and again.. it's fine. Aiming seems perfectly viable even with the move.... foibles and I was pinging fools from range with little problem.  I was only on Adept? Or whatever one step up form Novice is so the combat is not exactly taxing anyway but so far it's ok. I can see it getting less so with increased difficulty and more eejits attacking as the controls need to be re-learnt and the movement doesn't perhaps lend itself well to fast combat.. archery megadeath mode as ever could be the way to go for VR.  I thought this would just be a nice little tickle as and quick voyage into VR but now I really want to see the scale of the world again and climb mountains, see cities.. I could be going under for a full Skyrim methinks.. It. Is. Awesome.

^^^^^
    The Forum Herald™
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Yes SG. Yes I have.

Using the Move 'trollers and it's just peachy. Having been through the wonky, shonky world of Skyrim seemingly countless times this could well be the best one yet. 

Playing to the strengths of the Moves I've dun rolled the trusty Sneaky Archer on Adept difficulty and it works like a charm. It's good ol' VR stuff really (scale, immersion yadda yadda) but it's done very well here as far as I can tell. 
    I could see it looking nicer (draw distances, texture qualities etc) and acting a touch better with Touch/Vive wands but what is there currently is a-ok. Since it was designed 6 years ago as a seated, front facing game on a flat tv I don't necessarily see what a full 360 Rift/Vive version would add over this PSVR one beyond slightly nicer graphics. 

I know the Fallout VR is coming imminently on Steam and hope they don't actively bugger up the Touch integration bits for LEGAL reasons as I'd like to have a squizz at that on the ninja  pc too..

Edit: Heheh I've had a good deal more fun since that inital impression tbh.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Good to hear it's a decent port! I'm quite jealous but hopefully it'll not be long on Vive. Is the sense of scale impressive? I do like me some grandeur.
  • I wonder if they'll port Fallout to Switch?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m hoping Skyrim is successful enough on Switch that Bethesda consider mining their back catalogue. Fallout 3 would be great on Switch.
    Get schwifty.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Oh god don't say that. Mining their back catalogue. I'd give my left nut for a Morrowind remaster on Switch.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I feel like Morrowind needs a remake rather than a remaster. I’ll take either, though.
    Get schwifty.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Perhaps. Some of the newer game systems from Skyrim would make a nice addition to Morrowwind. So long as they kept it no fast travel :)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    I feel like Morrowind needs a remake rather than a remaster. I’ll take either, though.

I never dipped into Morrowind, but a good friend was a massive fan, I've been waiting for them to drop it into either the Oblivion or Skyrim engine so I can play it. I thought there was a project to do so, but no idea how far it did or didn't get
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I've been waiting for them to drop it into either the Oblivion or Skyrim engine so I can play it. I thought there was a project to do so, but no idea how far it did or didn't get

There was, it was called 'Skywind'.  A test release is imminent.  But they say Skyblivion might beat them to it.

But for the love of Dagoth Ur, please just get TES VI out.   Mind you, Pete Hines confirmed recently that it's not even in development. :(
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It's not? What the fuck are they working on? Fallout 5???
    The Forum Herald™
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ouchies, I know it never sold as well, but I much prefer the Elder Scrolls universe to the Fallout one. The Oblivion world seemed much busier quest wise than Fallout, then when I finally played one it had an ending, and that really pissed me off. I did go back after they patched it to allow play after the end, I should probably give number 4 a try at some point
  • I'm sure Skyrim must have sold better than fallout given the number of releases it's had.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Bethesda have said they have two full fat new IPs to come before the next Elder Scrolls, one of which is a rumoured sci-fi game. So I predict we won’t see it until the next gen consoles have arrived. So a full ten or so year gap between entries. So yeah, ouchies. But I also predict we’ll see that sci-fi game announced at E3 2018 for release this time next year. I hope that at least scratches that Bethesda open world itch during this long-ass wait for VI.
    Get schwifty.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    They must be able to pump the Gamebryo up to something less.... PS3 era by then you'd hope? 

It's fine for what it is, it delivers the content well enough, I know it's asking a lot of any engine to do what it does but still...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I definitely want a new engine. Moar physics, let me see the difference between swinging a huge hammer into a shield vs poking a puny dagger into it. Let my arrows main limbs and wound enemies, altering their animations and how they can attack. BotW climbing in there too, not for everyone of course but wood elves should be able to climb trees, and Orcs and Nords able cut the fuckers down with a couple of swings of a great axe. Have proper differences in how the races actually play instead of just a height/skin choice and starting stat boost.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    To be honest I am happy they aren't jumping on the annual or every second year release schedule. Having said that 10+ years between TES outings is a bit much :)
  • BotW climbing in there too, not for everyone of course but wood elves should be able to climb trees, and Orcs and Nords able cut the fuckers down with a couple of swings of a great axe.

This. Replaying Skyrim now for the umpteenth time and the lack of climbing skills (heck, even a decent jump height) is now  vexing in the extreme, especially considering the verticality of the terrain.  Haven't played BotW yet but I've seen the vids of Link climbing up towers etc and its looks awesome.  I do hope Bethesda is inspired by some of it's mechanics.

Of course the blame for the complete absence of TES VI can be laid squarely at Zenimax's door for their pointless meanderings into the MMO market  and fannying about with card games.  I feel the TES brand has been needlessly diluted by forays into these sort of territories.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I very much doubt Zenimax’s game had anything to do with Bethesda’s workflow. They simply wanted to branch out into new IPs, and not being a mega studio like Ubisoft means that these things take time.
    Get schwifty.
  • If there's so many Elder Scrolls IPs out there at the mo, of course this has been partly responsible when it  comes to TES VI non existent development cycle.  They can't push out a Sykrim sequel when their parent company is busy squeezing out DLC for Elder Scrolls Online and trying to stack the deck with Legends too.  TES VI: Summerset Isles (or wherever they end up setting it) couldn't launch amid such a frenzy to 'diversify the brand'.

I have no doubt however that Bethesda studios themselves have been itching to develop a new IP.  And to break away from the TES/Fallout 'upgrade' cycle.  However Hines seems all over the place with his announcements, first promising new IP and then getting all coy about it.  He is doing a bloody awful PR job on it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Doesn't Todd Howard get the final say on a TES development, ultimately?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think the larger audience for a main entry in The Elder Scrolls is now so large that, in my opinion, staying out of the way of a fringe MMO and a bloody card game is somewhat laughable.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!