Gigs
  • Alien Ant Farm hype!
  • ANThology in its entirety.
  • Apparently the music industry can still surprise me.
  • So some cunt threw an entire pint glass of beer/piss (tbd) which hit the singer square in the face, and therefore the show ended there.

Cheers dickhead.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    You wouldn't see GG Allin crying off a gig for that

Gutted for you though mate, that's a pisser
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • At the singer of alien ant farm? Ouch. That's shit. I hate people that do that. 

I saw The XX at a festival and someone threw an apple core at the girl for god knows what reason. They were playing great and it was a small crowd too.
    Sharon Jones was playing one of the best sets I've seen at another festival and someone threw a can I think. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" was her reaction and rightly so.

People are cunts.
  • An entire evening ruined by one pissant.
  • Boom.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kristin Hersh tonight. Always good.
  • How's the new album?  I lent a colleague two of her old efforts yesterday.
  • I’ve only heard a couple of tracks so far. Haven’t been paying attention lately. They’ve been quite riff-based and repetitive … in a good way. Lo-fi, definitely. Tonight I expect to hear a good number of the new tracks and some readings from her latest book.

Frankly, I’ll gladly listen to Kristin sing anything. Her voice just goes right through me.
  • My mistake. It’s ‘An Evening With Kristin Hersh: readings and songs from throughout her career’.

Excellent news.
  • 65dos for me. Not played Normanski but the OST was good and it translates well live
  • Missed 65dos at Bluedot this year.  Had hopes of a proper NMS crossover with videogame projections on the radar telescope.  Probably just as well the game was delayed and I missed their gig completely really, considering Shaun's folly.

Loved Kristin Hersh in Throwing Muses, haven't really checked out her solo stuff much, but I've like what I've heard.  Apparently she's playing the Liverpool Phil tomorrow...tempted.

EDIT:    Sold Out  :(
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Just watched Bodies on Everest, they've a band camp, it's five tracks and fifty minutes long. Glad I brought plugs
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Was that at Drop the Dumbells then? Had no idea that venue had reopened.  Never been like, always seemed to cater for the  hardcore punk & ska scene, which is not really me cup of tea.  Still nice to know they back in business. All we need now is the Static Gallery back open, and we'd be sorted.

Last gig was Clinic at Invisible Wind Factory.  Best god damn sounding performance I've witnessed from Ade and the boys for years.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Called Don't Drop the Dumbulls Gallery now :)

Been here two years October gone. Got a nice little write up on a blog...ill find it...there is, as part of POSTMUSIC, a few Facebook groups, but one is Liverpool Music Post which covers all our gigs.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • I’m off to see Collapsed Lung on Friday night. One band I’m glad had a middle-aged reunion because I almost missed them first time around. Only ever got to see them do a half-hour set at Reading festival.
  • I hear The Cure are back on tour too.  Wouldn't mind me seeing some Robert Smith.

EDIT:  3 dates at Wembley?  Bejeebus
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Have you not seen the Cure gif...

I think I saw Collapsed Lung a few times. I felt similarly happy seeing Carcass in the past few years
  • The Lung were bloody brilliant tonight. As I pass 40, it turns out my favoured genre for live music is old men playing suburban hip hop.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Nothing wrong with that!

Bodies on Everest pay Manc tonight, then Leeds next week. Wish I could go to see them again
  • As I pass 40, it turns out my favoured genre for live music is young Spanish women playing garage rock.

Hinds can't sing to save their lives, but as party bands go, you couldn't of have asked for a better one in Manchester last night.
  • How did I miss this? Amazing to listen to on YouTube. Must have been incredible to listen to live.

Radio 1 ibiza prom

• Damn they are repeating it at the 02 this thursday night. Not as good as Royal Albert Hall but its not being repeated next year. Trying to confirm with a mate that he'll go so i won't be billy no mates.

Tracklisting

01. Fatboy Slim – Right Here, Right Now
    02. Eric Prydz – Pjanoo
    03. The Shapeshifters – Lola’s Theme
    04. Robert Miles – Children
    05. ATB – 9 PM (Till I Come)
    06. Moby – Go
    07. Frankie Knuckles – Your Love
    08. Inner City – Good Life
    09. Orbital – Belfast
    10. The Sabres of Paradise – Smokebelch II
    11. Daft Punk – One More Time
    12. Alison Limmerick – Where Love Lives (Come On In)
    13. Vangelis – Rachel’s Song (Perfecto Symphony Orchestra)
    14. Faithless – Insomnia
    15. Moby – Porcelain
    16. Rudimental – Waiting All Night
    17. Stardust – Music Sounds Better With You
    18. Rhythm is Rhythm – Strings of Life
    19. DJ Rolando – Jaguar (Knights of the Jaguar)
    20. Brainbug – Nightmare
    21. Energy 52 – Café del Mar
    22. Rudimental – Feel the Love
    23. The Source – You Got the Love
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    DT770s, good.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Just got tickets for Idlewild at Nice & Sleazy’s. I saw them there enough times when they were starting out, nice to bring it full circle. The 25th anniversary gigs at Sleazy’s are turning out to be pretty great.
  • The Cure last night in Manchester. They were good, they played for ages. Some dirge in the middle of the set, and 3 encores was a bit silly (2 of the encores were only 1 song long). I liked the songs I knew though.

It was a Christmas present for the wife. I win.
  • Pearl Jam on Friday.  Or rather, Pearl Jam UK.  A mate of a mate snapped up six tickets to what he thought was Pearl Jam earlier in the year.  He didn't realise his mistake until he sobered up and started excitedly ringing around see who was up for it.  Pearl Jam for £18 sounded a bit iffy to everyone except him.  Enough people felt sorry for him anyway/thought it would be an amusing evening, so we're off to see the bootleg Vedder.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!