Gigs
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Pearl Jam on Friday.  Or rather, Pearl Jam UK.  A mate of a mate snapped up six tickets to what he thought was Pearl Jam earlier in the year.  He didn't realise his mistake until he sobered up and started excitedly ringing around see who was up for it.  Pearl Jam for £18 sounded a bit iffy to everyone except him.  Enough people felt sorry for him anyway/thought it would be an amusing evening, so we're off to see the bootleg Vedder.
    Ahahahaha. Brilliant.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I saw Pearl Jam for free 4 years ago. They were great.
  • Pixies last night in the Apollo in Manchester. Bloody great. Good support from FEWS too.
  • I think I've seen Pearl Jam three times over the years, once for free at the Astoria.  A full evening of entertainment guaranteed.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'm jelly mang
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    fews?? But good work mang, getting in some good shows at the minute

Tribute acts, if it's £18 they're likley going to put a cracking show on. Tribute acts can be brill, often as the artists age the best tributes are better than the original. I baulked at paying over a grand to put Diamond Dogs on, but with three costume changes and almost a two hour set it was well worth it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I don't mind tribute bands- the oz doors were great. It's generic cover bands I hate
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message

So much truth in this, especially when generic covers band only cover one band and then think that they're a tribute act

The Jamm were one of my favourites and two of them along with two other guys were their own support act playing original songs that were almost indistinguishable from Jam tunes. Then get on stage with a costume change and really rock out
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    fews?? But good work mang, getting in some good shows at the minute

Hadn't heard of them before the gig. Lots of their songs sound like this, but that's ok with me.

I've not got any more gigs planned before Dillinger in January, which I'm pretty nervous about.
  • Also, tribute / covers bands should be judged mostly on how silly their name is.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Talib Kweli tonight
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    James McMurtry touring Europe in February, London at the Lexington on the 8th
  • Jonwayne at the Soup Kitchen in March.   I am there.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Just saw Against Me, Milk Teeth and Mobina Galore. Fucking hell what a night, even if I was wiped out by the time Against Me hit the stage.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wowsers, great work
  • Green Day just announced a big outdoor gig in Glasgow on the 4th of July, with Rancid as support.

East Bay as fuck.

Not sure whether I’m into it or not. Both bands past their prime, but both brilliant live. Sure to be a hefty ticket price, and it’s a huge enormo-gig. Not usually my scene. But … the two biggest bands to come out of Gilman St, together for the first time in ages. Could be fun.
  • I couldn't, but fair play to em.

This thread reminds me I need to get Ghost tickets. Playing glesga in March, can't come more recommended, such a tight show they put on. @Gremill you in?
  • First time I saw Green Day was in the Hull Adelphi, which held about 70, at a push. Last time was as entire outdoor festival in Nottingham, just for them. Two whole stages of support acts. Interesting contrast, and they basically act, talk and play just the same as they did back in the tiny toilet venues. Their performances are genuinely unchanged by fame and popularity, I think.

Same goes for Rancid. I saw them in wee venues in San Francisco and I saw them play huge festivals on the US Warped Tour. I’ve seen them play the Barrowlands in Glasgow and similar sized venues up and down the UK. Their show doesn’t change. They play hard and fast and they make everyone dance and sing.

I’m genuinely unsure why I fancy this Glasgow park gig next year. Haven’t had any interest in seeing either band for years.
  • I couldn't, but fair play to em.

This thread reminds me I need to get Ghost tickets. Playing glesga in March, can't come more recommended, such a tight show they put on. @Gremill you in?

Unfortunately not - I'll struggle with a mid-week gig in Glasgow as that means taking annual leave. Throw in that it's year-end and the week before my leave allocation refreshes and it's a definite no. Pity though, would've been interesting.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Boooo. Papa won't be best pleased.

tumblr_nvo3zq3baW1uxb3qfo1_500.gif
  • I must admit I hadn't actually listened to very much of them (or even knew anything about them) until you posted that generous invite. I'm now listening to Meliora at work on the headphones (up to Mummy Dust) - they're hilarious. Pure metal.

I can imagine they'll put on quite a show.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Meredith Music Festival this weekend! Whoop!
    Come at me Peaches and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard et al
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Peaches yes. Keep an eye out for Shae, she'll be there.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Gremill wrote:
    I must admit I hadn't actually listened to very much of them (or even knew anything about them) until you posted that generous invite. I'm now listening to Meliora at work on the headphones (up to Mummy Dust) - they're hilarious. Pure metal.

I can imagine they'll put on quite a show.

Yaaaaaaaaaaasssss
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Bodies on Everest AND Barberos play The Ferret in Preston 17th December, Dante. It's a free gig too!
  • Forgot to buy a ticket to BORIS lads
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    BORIS!

Fuck, they played a bar I used to run. They were epic- double guitars- off the charts.

Gutted for you, lad
  • 20 year anniversary of PINK which is a stormer. Hoping for a kindly PM from a sorry soul who bought too many.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Grails have just published a UK tour in March next year. They've a day off between Belfast and Manchester. Of course I'm trying to get them to play the gallery here on the day off.
  • That Green Day & Rancid gig is coming in at £56.25 per ticket.

They can fuck the fuck off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!