regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    One of the best things about booking my summer holidays in July is avoiding any Scottish festival wank. Last time I went to titp it was a thoroughly miserable affair

Spoiler:
  • Let’s be honest Reg, we’ve all seen Radiohead in better days. No need to see ’em again now, and especially no need to suffer a T-related experience for them.
  • They're consistently great live though, I can attest
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Let’s be honest Reg, we’ve all seen Radiohead in better days. No need to see ’em again now, and especially no need to suffer a T-related experience for them.

I've seen em three times and they've delivered each time. I would throw money at them again. Also AMSP was in my top 5 of last year. I'd like to hear that live. But aye, seeing em 2001 was peak. FUCKING PEAK. Idioteque your may to my heart boys.

• I’ve even seen them on Glasgow Green twice already. The outdoor gig was better than the tent one.
  • It's simple for me, I want to see them play the AMSP stuff live, and this is cheaper than it would cost to go to Manchester or London. I'm not really interested in anything else on the day, though I'd see Belle and Sebastian as they were ok live last time I saw them.
  • Entirely fair Tempy, and I wish you the very best of luck with the festival-like experience. Hope the Radiohead gig can overcome its surroundings.
  • I'm going to take a knife to murder any cunts who don't understand how to enjoy a gig without fucking others off.
  • Seasick Steve tickets are £38-£48?  Damn, that's a bit steep.  I'd almost forgotten about him, had two albums after a couple of Jools appearances early on.
  • £35 + £3.50 booking fee + £3 delivery charge = £41.50 for Seasick Steve.

He’s entertaining live, but he’s not that much fun. Especially not outdoors where it could pish down and the drinks cart charges £6 a pint.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If it's at a bandstand, I can't see how they can charge, does my noggin in that does. They have a series of concerts on Clapham Common every summer, and I guess they charge, but I already paid for the common with my council tax, cheeky buggers
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think the Pixies tickets come out at £60
  • poprock wrote:
    I did just buy tickets for Eddie Izzard in a wee Edinburgh comedy club though. And to see Helmet next month too, probably along with all the other rockers of a certain age.

I thought about going to see Helmet - then listened to their newest album, realised that Stanier doesn't play with them anymore and sacked it off. Plus, I saw them at their peak and they were not good then.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I’m actually going for the support band, Local H. One of my absolute favourites and they’ve never played in Scotland before. They hardly ever play outside of the US. I’ll stick around for Helmet, but I’ll be at the bar enjoying a beer while I do.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I went to catch them play Meantime a few years back, really enjoyed it, was a little young when it came out so nostalgia kick, plus with friends who also loved that band
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I went to catch them play Meantime a few years back, really enjoyed it, was a little young when it came out so nostalgia kick, plus with friends who also loved that band

I saw them on the original Meantime tour and it was far and away the most disappointed I've been after a live gig. I love their studio work right up to 'Aftertaste' which is a storming album - their best I think. But live? They were very poor - which was so frustrating as they play the kind of music that should sound amazing live.

• Best thing Helmet ever did was their collaboration with House of Pain on the Judgement Night soundtrack.

CONTROVERSIAL.
  • Just Another Victim is a tune and a half.

My favourite might be Ironhead though.
  • Another Body Murdered and Freak Momma are the other two stand out tracks on that soundtrack.  I'm digging it out.  Might even watch it again.  I wonder how bad it is now, or whether it'll be one of those films that's not quite as iffy as I remember.
  • The whole soundtrack was incredible. A fixed point in time where everything came together perfectly. The film was bog-fucking-average though. Can’t imagine it’s improved with age.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Full chrome rave tonight lads
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Won't be a patch on the Firefox one.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Thought you were gonna mention the warehouse for a second but I see what you did they're!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • BBC 6 Music festival is coming to Glasgow this year. 24–26th March.

Friday night acts
    Cate Le Bon
    Duds
    Dutch Uncles
    Sleaford Mods
    Girl Ray
    Warpaint
    Ride
    Future Islands
    Sparks
    Goldfrapp
    The Jesus & Mary Chain

Saturday lineup
    Bonobo
    Hayley Bonar
    The Lemon Twigs
    Sacred Paws
    Loyle Carter
    Car Seat Headrest
    Thundercat
    Grandaddy
    Songhoy Blues
    Honeyblood
    The Shins

Saturday/Sunday ‘Fringe’ events at Tramway. I can’t be arsed to format this nicely, just copy/pasting:

SINKANE // TEMPLES // CRAIG CHARLES (DJ SET) // JOHN LYDON IN CONVERSATION WITH MARK RADCLIFFE // OPTIMO WORDS & MUSIC WITH NEMONE // MAKING MUSIC IN GLASGOW: PAUL BUCHANAN (THE BLUE NILE), STUART BRAITHWAITE (MOGWAI), EMMA POLLOCK, HAPPY MEALS // EDWYN COLLINS IN CONVERSATION WITH STUART MACONIE + ACOUSTIC SESSION // COMEDY WITH SHAUN KEAVENY: FERN BRADY, SCOTT GIBSON, LIMMY // BBC RADIO 5 LIVE'S FIGHTING TALK

FATHER JOHN MISTY // THE WEDDING PRESENT // BALOJI // FOLK AT THE FESTIVAL WITH MARK RADCLIFFE : YORKSTON/THORNE/KHAN, KING CREOSOTE, JESCA HOOP, HOLLY MACVE // FILM SCREENING: LOST IN FRANCE + Q&A WITH NIALL MCCANN // THE PASTELS IN CONVERSATION WITH GIDEON COE // ANNA MEREDITH IN CONVERSATION WITH MARY ANNE HOBBS // SPOKEN WORD SESSIONS - LITERARY: IAN RANKIN WITH STUART MACONIE // SPOKEN WORD SESSIONS - POETRY: MURRAY LACHLAN YOUNG, VICTORIA MCNULTY, KEVIN P GILDAY & CAT HEPBURN, KOBI ONYAME & RANSOM FA // BELLE & SEBASTIAN IN CONVERSATION WITH CERYS MATTHEWS
  • Nothing yet, maybs Future Islands but they're supporting Goldfrapp at the Academy. Hmmmmmnah.

Potential, though.
  • Ah yes that is a supremely 6music line up t
  • There’s potential for one cracking headliner ver the course of the weekend. We’ll see.

Bets on Primal ‘predictable’ Scream being in there somewhere?
  • Added Saturday. Looks shit.
  • Bonobo are great, Car Seat Headrest are good, Thundercat is excellent, Grandadsay are a long time fave
  • May need to get bonobo tix. And there's yer FJM announced for something during the day Saturday.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!