PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Blanck Mass tonight - I've a feeling it's going to be loud.

O shit son where that
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Blanck Mass tonight - I've a feeling it's going to be loud.

O shit son where that
    Glasgow Centre for Contemporary Arts

Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fuck that place gonna get the doors blown off. Saw mogwai there and it couldn't contain them.

Rip CCA
  • Holy shit. First time I've had to wear earplugs at a gig. Absolutely amazing though.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Brilliant
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Well I just got back from John Prine and I might put earplugs in when I go to bed.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Us that to try add keep the amazingness in, little bit jealous
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • So after not going to a concert for a while I've now got tickets to:

Hans Zimmer
    LCD Soundsystem
    Father John Misty
    Real Estate
    Sigur Ros
    The Shins

HZ is tonight
    SG and Shins are in New York in June
    LCD, FJM and RE are all in one week in July

Should be a good season.
  • @Cockbeard, this is for you. I’ve been under a promise to not mention it until today.
    Lightyear wrote:
    Lightyear, one of the UK’s most loved live bands will be re-forming permanently in October and are in the process of writing new material.

The band has a reputation for passionate live shows that included Morris dancing, pantomime horses, fire breathing and even a bit of nudity.

Lightyear will be touring a new live show in October to celebrate 20 years of being a band. Tickets go on sale on Monday and you can catch them at the below dates:

20th October Derby Hairy Dog w/ Cotton Weary, The Boom, Fire Apple Red, Unqualified Nurse Band

21st October London The Garage w/ Unqualified Nurse Band, Fire Apple Red

22nd October Glasgow King Tuts w/ Unqualified Nurse Band, The Bar Stool Preachers

23rd October Newcastle Think Tank w/ Unqualified Nurse Band, The Bar Stool Preachers

24th October Bristol The Thekla w/ Unqualified Nurse Band, The Bar Stool Preachers

25th October Stafford The Cellar Bar w/ Unqualified Nurse Band, The Bar Stool Preachers

26th October Southampton Joiners w/ Unqualified Nurse Band, The Bar Stool Preachers

27th October Leamington Spa Zephyr Lounge w/ Unqualified Nurse Band, The Bar Stool Preachers

28th October Brighton The Haunt w/ Unqualified Nurse Band, The Bar Stool Preachers

Links to all the ticket vendors on Lightyear’s Facebook page. Tix on sale Monday.

I’m in for Glasgow, and considering a trip down to Derby for the hometown show with Cotton Weary …
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahahahaha, I've also been biting my tongue on this one as well. Chas told me about it last month, at the Down Love launch party. Pretty sure I'll be booking the week off, and doing a few dates. What he didn't say though was that FireAppleRed were playing, I loved those guys, I'm thinking Derby,London,Bristol or Southampton, and Brighton
  • Aye, Chas couldn’t keep his big mouth shut. Bless.

Glad to see Bar Room Preachers on the bill. They were a great support at the big reunion gig a few years back.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah he was fit to burst, surprised he'd not told the world already, just had a look on FB and people are genuinely surprised so well done to him
  • So fuck the North West basically?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ouch, that is a big hole, grab a Derby ticket, it'll be the best one anyway
  • They tried to arrange a Manchester date but had no luck with venues/promoters on the dates they wanted.
  • Do you know them? They could likely get 53 Degrees in Preston.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    John Prine and Sturgill Simpson playing together in Ireland, no dates announced for mainland UK

Strule Arts Centre, Omagh - Saturday August 12th
    An Grianan Theatre, Letterkenny - August 16th
    Town Hall Theatre, Galway - Saturday August 19th
    Theatre Royal, Waterford - August 22nd
    Vicar Street, Dublin - August 25th

I've got a couple of mates in Cork so I'm thinking Waterford, but figured I'd post it here as some of these venues look pretty small, especially for two such massive acts as those two
  • Cheeky last minute Mobina Galore gig, why not.

Weird watching them playing a venue my mates have done loads.
  • I'm off to see Evan Dando on Friday, must be short of cash, he's not got a new album out. As long as he plays Drug Buddy I'll leave a happy man.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • About to enjoy Iron Maiden! Even at sixty odd years old, they are still on absolute top form. Cannot wait...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Went to Sleepy Sun last night, that was pretty awesome.

Second time we've been to The Hi Hat, it's a bit of an alternative area in LA, loads of vinyl and vintage stores and beer gardens on the street (plus fried donuts, shame we just had pizza as they looked good). Seems to be a nice place. Too bad they're very strict with parking times. Parking was till 12am,we arrived at 12:35 as the encore was a bit long and there was already someone handing out tickets.

They always start with punk songs before the first act, which is nice. They switched to disco though between act 1 and 2.
  • Have we done best gigs recently? Mine is Zapp at Jazz Cafe 3 years ago, didn't think anyone could top Parliament at the same venue but by fuck these man nailed it. Whole place jumping, Roger's bro coming down to the crowd, fist bumps, everyone loving it. A whole venue of people bouncing in unison. Amazing. I keep looking at Zapp band gigs every day hoping there's a UK date.
  • About to enjoy Iron Maiden! Even at sixty odd years old, they are still on absolute top form. Cannot wait...

Don't really do gigs but Maiden at Twickenham with Jimmy the Lips was a fantastic event.  Ditto the gig in Barcelona with Subbax.
  • Need to do some gigs with badgers, that sounds like a right laugh.
  • Really belongs in the Festival thread, but the full revealed line-up for Glastonbury this year is beyond comical. Bootleg Beatles and Katy fucking Perry. Don't care about Radiohead because they're quite the irrelevance these days.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Also they're playing in Scotland for much less pennies
  • BBC tried to book me for T in the Park replacement TRNSMT Festival on Glasgow Green this July, the other day. Three days of utter shite headlined by Radiohead, Kasabian & Biffy Clyro.
    I was *cough* heartbroken to have to tell them I'd be in America at the time.

result!

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Radiohead are gonna be great because they're always great, these are simple facts. TRNSMT is gonna be fucking dire but fuck it, it was cheaper than paying to go to see them in Manchester.
  • The thought of 50,000 drunken chavs taking over Glasgow city centre for the weekend doesn't really appeal for some reason.
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!