Gigs
  • I feel like the festival really doesn't cater for them (and 90% of the posters i've seen have cut off the 'Head day) but I am sure the bams will be out in force
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    The thought of 50,000 drunken chavs taking over Glasgow city centre for the weekend doesn't really appeal for some reason.

TBF weegies have been doing it to every other city centre for decades
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It's going to be a weekend of carnage.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I am so fucking glad I don’t live by the Green any more.

10 years ago there a fair few good gigs set up on the Green, and it was nice having them in my front garden, so to speak. Elastica, Asian Dub Foundation, Foo Fighters, Radiohead (twice), Iggy & the Stooges, etc. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere fucking near this urban T in the Park replacement though. Terrifying thought.
  • I will report back from the harrowing trenches
  • If you make it out, you mean.
  • I am made of tough stuff, despite my flimsy frame
  • Still-looking-stylish-at-the-Boryeoung-Mud-Festival-in-South-Korea.jpg
  • Thee Oh Sees in Manchester next month, really looking forward to it despite catching them in Leeds last year, but was a bit under the weather then so didn't enjoy them as much as I should've done. I gotta start watching more of their recent vids though as I first got into them during the Bridget Dawson era with Petey Dammit! on bass and Shoun killing the drums.  Since then Dwyer has changed the roster completely (two drummers simultaneously on stage) and I can't help feeling they've lost more than they've gained with all these new line ups, but we'll see.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • g.man wrote:
    It's going to be a weekend of carnage.

It'll pale into insignificance when Eminem plays in August - that'll be the true Bam-Fest. A Roaster-Palooza.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • OH FUCK.
  • Hacienda Classics at Kew Gardens on July 14th. £49 a ticket.
  • Gremill wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    It's going to be a weekend of carnage.
    It'll pale into insignificance when Eminem plays in August - that'll be the true Bam-Fest. A Roaster-Palooza.

We had an Eminem & Marilyn Manson double-header on the Green when I lived there. The local press frothed for ages about how it was going to be a neds vs moshers battlezone. It was a nice polite gig with no bother from the crowd at all. No bams in sight.
  • I remember doing T in The Park years ago for the Beeb when Eminem was headlining. He insisted on being physically carried to the stage because he didn't want to get mud on his trainers. Still made everyone else in his band/entourage walk tho.

man of the people

g.man
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Tbf that's what I made Mrs Pea do with me last time we went to Glasto.
  • Hahaha
  • I have more time for Eminem than most. Saw him do a small gig in Islington around the time he did his anti-Bush one, Mosh. No big production, just him and a DJ. Two-hour gig. I think his cartoon persona and constant shock tactics hide the fact that he’s one of the greatest technical rappers we’ve ever had. There’s a serious talent hidden behind how much of a dick he is.

Still. Man of the people, aye … think I was wandering backstage that year at T and saw his three-minibus post-set parade from the stage steps, across the backstage area, to the food tent. A grand total of about 150 yards. If that. Three minibuses.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    No big production, just him and a DJ. Two-hour gig. I think his cartoon persona and constant shock tactics hide the fact that he’s one of the greatest technical rappers we’ve ever had. There’s a serious talent hidden behind how much of a dick he is.

This
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Just got out of a Razorlight gig, amazing. JB was awesome.
  • Are they still going?  Wow.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I saw Eminem at Hampden over a decade ago and that was navigating the Mount Florida bam run to get in.

Still, cypress hill opened for him
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Just got out of a Razorlight gig, amazing. JB was awesome.

Wow, weird I was at a show Friday night with Carl from Razorlight playing. Massively eclectic bill, went to watch "Apeman Spaceman", Johnny and Rikki from Dogs, Carl from Razorlight and Ethan on drums, really great bunch of lads. Ended up playing alongside a rockabilly band, a nu-metal band, and a female fronted glamrock outfit, was crazy
  • When One Drummer is not enough, thy shall have Two. And when Two is deemed to be insufficient, thy shall bring out a Third.

So speaks the gospel of the Thee Oh Sees. Funnily enough, I didn't recognise the return of Mike Shoun late into the proceedings, cos I was far too busy getting into the general thunderous beat of two drummers, let alone three. I just gave a little yelp of joy when I realised the most iconic drummer ever to feature in the Thee Oh Sees lineup had made a, presumably, guest appearance.

They are full into Prog Rock territory now, with Dywer living out his Axe Man dreams. Beguiling stuff though.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I saw Eminem at Hampden over a decade ago and that was navigating the Mount Florida bam run to get in.

Still, cypress hill opened for him

Height of my mid-90s hip-hop gig going was Ice Cube touring The Predator, with Cypress Hill and Funkdoobiest supporting.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Height of my mid-90s hip-hop gig going was Ice Cube touring The Predator, with Cypress Hill and Funkdoobiest supporting.

Those were good times. All three acts at the height of their powers.
  • Just got tickets for Run The Jewels in Glasgow in November. Yaaaas.
  • Quality Grem. I saw them in Manchester in March and whilst they were amazing, the sound engineering was truly abysmal which may have been down to the Albert Halls acoustics more than anything else tbf.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    On my way to Manchester for drinks before Kraftwerk tonight. Suns out and I'm staying over. Good times.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Well. That was spectacular. I'm possibly the world's biggest 3D hater but that added so much. They might be 4 old German blokes doing a PowerPoint presentation but they blew the roof off.

Very special.

6s6ou9.jpg
  • Neato.

Saw The Shins at Prospect Park, Brooklyn. Was a good gig. The band was having fun, I had fun. Good times.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!