The Grizzly Badger Tail. CH40 The DJR
  • Amazing stuff.

(And I remember them all.)
  • Okay, this is what I know, though please correct me if wrong.

Player 1 - actually worked in the industry, famous for arguments about everything from rights over ownership of games to having a rainbow colored signature that was a dig at other forumites.

Prankster 101. Self promoting games guru and would be journalist that hated EDGE with a passion. Managed to annoy people by saying good morning. Still had his own site and still out there somewhere.

Scorpio. Created pointless threads, made pointless arguments, actually quite unhinged and turned up at EDGE for a chat. Expect lots of bale without meaning.

Rudolph. Genuine troll. nasty point scoring bastard.

Contrarose. filthy, perverted, famous for his gifs of stick men with wobbling penises. Genuinely harmless but was banned for his comments about someone's wife.

Unlikely. MIA. Thanks for all the shits and giggles Mike.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Nice work rev. I have no idea who any of these people are though.

Please see above.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've heard of them, but have no first hand knowledge of them. 

Wasn't a criticism BTW, just realised it might have sounded like one.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Rudolph was finally removed by means of a barrage of vegetables.
  • Nah, I'm aware that a bit of history was required. Hopefully you can tell what they're like from what I've written.

I wasn't taking it as a crit mate.
  • Rev may remember Rudolph for being the one and only person to throw insults in the kids thread.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Think I came back for a bit during my absence to witness this first hand. I would quite happily have punched him in the face until I broke my fingers.
  • Wow I didn't know this place ever had any actual cunts. I mean, people get a bit arsey here now and again but I don't think anyone here is a genuine knobhead. And to be that much of a dick to get the lovely rev angry? Glad I never crossed paths with these charmers.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Never piss on another dog's lamppost, as the saying goes
  • The old ball off the cliff joke. Wasn't funny and hurt. But I'm a better dog for it.
  • It's in credit to the author that the 'IRL' summaries of the names I wasn't familiar with matched the personalities created by the story
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Chapter 21
    ‘You seem agitated.’ said Lonely.
    He was sitting with Blu in Outlaw’s house. The gamemakers had left a while ago after salvaging the PC parts they needed, including a new screen for KRS. Everyone else was preparing to move off.  Blu and Lonely were in the backroom sitting together on a Modern Sofa. Blu wanted time away from everyone to try to find the control floor again and she was conscious that time was slipping away.  Lonely was absentmindedly stroking Blu’s hair, which he thought she liked but after the shortest of time, she pushed his hand away.
    ‘We need to get to the control floor before anyone else does. You know this though.’ She said.
    ‘You’ve told me, but not why. I can see as far as your drive, but not your reasons. I did not think that you would be hiding things from me.’ said Lonely.
    ‘There are things that I have done that may make things difficult if the others get to the control room first.’ Blu replied.
    ‘You don’t have to hide them, it’s important to me.’ Said Lonely and her touched her gently on her face.
    Blu shared what she knew.
    ‘So you reckon they are still waiting for you to come back?’ asked Lonely.
    ‘I think they might have already ventured out. Player 1 wouldn’t. He’ll think he is the leader. Scorpio will really do nothing but talk nonsense and frustrate people. I’m more worried about Rudolph and Prankster101.’ Said Blu
    ‘Prankster101 is a joke, no one took him seriously, even I knew that in my time on the Maroonum. He hung around for all of two days, then he disappeared back to his blog of self-importance.’ replied Lonely.
    He then stopped for a second, thought over what he said.
    ‘He’s just as bad as Rudolph though isn’t he? You’ve made him so that he’ll kick off.’
    ‘I made him so when the Badgers meet him and do what I predicted they will do 94.87% of the time, he’ll explode.’ said Blu.
    Lonely looked a bit shocked.
    She continued.
    ‘Rudolph is psychotic. I have no doubt that he’s probably killed already, probably just because he can and mostly just for fun. He was the guy who trolled the Kids thread for goodness sake. So I took all of that and I turned it up a notch. I’ve given him a purpose. He’ll still be his usual self but his aim is to hurt and stab and kill and hurt and most of all enjoy it and all in my name. I just hope that when I see them, they’ll listen.’
    ‘Listen?’ asked Lonely
    ‘I made them. I can stop them from doing this. When I touched Unlikely earlier, I was reprogramming him. I was making him know how much things had changed. How much I had changed.’ said Blu.
    ‘It makes sense now. Do you know where the control floor is on this Island?’ asked Lonely.
    Blu closed her eyes for the briefest or moments.
    ‘Yes. I have a good idea how to get there now and I think we should leave soon to find it.’ said Blu.
    ‘Do we go alone?’ asked Lonely
    ‘We’ll tell g.man because he’ll worry and we will let the others decide if they want to tag along. We need to get going though. I can feel the glitches everywhere now. Can’t you?’ asked Blu.
    Lonely admitted to himself that every so often when he looked at something it sometimes just didn’t appear solid or normal or something. He couldn’t describe it.
    He simply nodded his head.
    They got up from the couch together. They didn’t take any supplies with them. Blu insisted they didn’t take any weapons either.  Their first port of call was to find g.man and tell them their plan.

In another part of the village, Someguy, Stonechalice and Subbax looked at each other.
    ‘It’s just that, well, the whole Warcraft thing doesn’t fit in with the group identity kind of thing.’ said Someguy.
    Musechick adjusted her Mage Armour ever so slightly more than she needed to. Almost angrily.
    ‘It’s a Dark Souls kind of thing. You understand? We’re kind of rocking the whole Dark Souls vibe here.’ Said SomeGuy
    ‘And Demons’ said Stone Chalice.
    ‘Yeah, that too’ said Subbax.
    ‘And besides, we don’t think you would fit in. It’s more because you’re..’ started Someguy
    Musechick growled and grabbed the Black Knight Halberd from his hand and proceed to gracefully spin it around her head, before turning round and cutting a tree straight down the middle, then bring the blade around again to have an apple end up sticking on the end of it.
    ‘I think this chick can handle herself, don’t you think? Just because I’m not one of the lads doesn’t mean I couldn’t kick your butt Someguy.’
    She looked furious.
    The three members of team S had backed away a couple of feet during the display.
    Someguy stepped forward very cautiously, after being pushed in the back by StoneChalice.
    ‘I was going to say, you need to change your name. We can have the S and M team, can we?’ said Someguy.
  • Going to ramp this up now. Hold on tight.
  • Chapter 22

The cape swished enough around his body. The hat seemed to be a bit too big and sometimes fell over his eyes. The moustache was as twiddly as ever.

In his hand was an invoice and packing slip from the BNB Trading Company and leaning up against the rock to his left was a wooden board with blueprints and some hastily scribbled notes.

In front of him was a wooden box.

He reached into the cape and produced a crowbar, and levered open the wooden box.

RamSteelWood then leaned into the box started removing it contents.

Well he started throwing it out of the box over his head.

Inflatable Boulder, check

Explosive Boomerang, check

Hole in the Ground Paint, check.

Large Badger Disguise, check

Large Catapult with Elastic Band, check.

Quick Action High powered Bear Trap.

There was a large snap. A muffled sound as though someone had stuffed their hat into their mouth in order to stifle a scream.
  • BEST CHAPTER EVER!
  • MuseChick
    Show networks
    Twitter
    MuseChick
    Xbox
    MuseChick
    PSN
    MuseChick
    Steam
    musechick

Send message
    Hahahaha so good!
  • You have prompted me to start showing my kids Road Runner cartoons.  This is a Good Thing.
  • This makes me happy as that was the intention.
  • Chapter 23

It stopped talking, moved away from the box as though it was satisfied and then joined the rest of the small crowd that was starting to gather. It didn’t move like the others, it had a less determined path, as though it was slightly lost in its thoughts. It was almost as if a great weight had been lifted off its shoulders.

The crowd had started to grab the others that swarmed passed them, grabbing their heads. At first there was the rejection of the offer. Then there was the understanding. Then they joined the rest of the group.

There was the same lost expression, which was difficult to tell on something without a face. The glow in the eyes lost some intensity, or became warmer, it was difficult to say exactly.

Bollockoff looked out from his box and grinned.

It was working.

Chapter 24

‘I’m in.’ said Player1.

‘Who do we delete first then? I say we get g.man, self-righteous moron that he is. Then Reg and then Fake Cream Elmlea. Heh Heh’ said Rudolph.

‘That is the question isn’t it! Who deserves to be deleted? And how does one decide on such a task? Is it like a Game of the year type Scenario? Do we all pitch up with our pros and cons for each deletion? Do we decide on a vote? If in the event of tie who has the deciding vote? Are we in a democratic situation in the first place that voting should even be taken into consideration? There is so much to be discussed! What do we talk about first then? The voting process or the deletion process? Please remember to fully engage and keep your arguments concise and to the point. I’m only going to be listening to your input once folks!’ said Scorpio.

Player1 looked at Rudolph.

‘Don’t even think about it. Blurum will have his reasons. We have to respect that Scorpio will be useful at some point.’ said Player1.

‘Just a light slap, it’s all I ask.’ replied Rudolph.

‘How come he’s allowed to hit me and not him?’ complained Pranky

Rudolph leaned towards Pranky and spoke softly.

‘I want to kill you Pranky. I’m currently holding back because Player 1 believes you can add some value to this little venture. I’m allowed to slap for just now. Think yourself lucky we aren’t near the end.’ he said.

Pranky leaned away from Rudolph.

‘No, wait, this is just the access to the toolbox. The accounts are password protected.’ sighed Player1.

‘So what the hell does that mean?’ shouted Rudolph.

‘Calm yourself. I can’t get into delete anyone. I can however let us build stuff. I also have access to the location directory that will tell us where those little Badgers are.’ replied Player1.

He kept scanning through some of the pages until he stopped suddenly.

‘They’re here. They’re on the island.’ Stated Player1

‘Who’s here?’ said Rudolph

‘All of them.’ Replied Player1

Rudolph smiled and leaned closer to the screen.

‘Just give me the chance to take some of them out.’ said Rudolph and he scanned the screen to look at where the Badgers were.  

‘Shut down the track and put it into a loop, wipe out whoever is left.’ Player1 had a flash of inspiration, typed rapidly and clicked the mouse a couple of times.

Player1 hit execute on the keyboard. He grinned while he did.

‘And sort out that Moderation Door so it isn’t appearing in random places every time I go through. You would think Moderation would be something that could be bloody nailed down in this place. Ironic really that the trolls end up using it. Heh Heh.  How quickly can you build a city?’ said Rudolph

‘How quickly do you want it?’ chuckled Player1

Rudolph grabbed Player1’s ear and twisted it and hissed next to Player1’s face

‘Why do you keep talking to me like we are friends or something? I was made for one thing. I have the joy of killing in my veins. Killing is wonderful. Killing is beautiful. Killing is art. I’m going to get my chance to paint this place in blood.’ He hissed and twisted Player1’s ear further to the point where Player1 let out a small sob.

‘If I ask you a question from now on, you answer it. Do you understand me?’ hissed Rudolph

‘mm..yes..mm..oh..please..’ sobbed Player1.

‘Remember that Blurum wants revenge. You were created to help Blurum. You’re expendable as long as the end goal is reached. Now make me a city. Twenty Blocks square. Make it sunny. Signpost it. I want guns there. I want cars there. I want shops on every corner. I want them to be able to find it. I want them to love it and when they least expect it. BAM.’

Rudolph slammed his hand down on the desk hard and laughed like Blurum.

Player1 rubbed his ear and started to type rapidly on the keyboard. It was as though his life depended on it.

‘You’re going about this the wrong way.’ said a voice in the darkness.

‘Contra, keep your mouth shut. I swear if you don’t keep a lid on it, you’ll be next to feel the back of my hand.’ growled Rudolph.

Contra stepped forward out of the dark. There was a hand over his mouth that wasn’t his. There was a sharpened stick pressed into his neck.

‘I said, you’re going about this the wrong way,’ repeated Brooks.

Chapter 25

MK64 shouted out in surprise as the pipe disappeared in front of him as the track changed. It became more circular and smaller and the edges seemed to close in on them. They were reduced to driving around the track, trying to find some kind of way out. It got to the point where he started to concentrate on getting a faster a faster lap time and concentrating less and less on getting out. He was sure he could shave another one hundredth of a second off the time.

Player1 hit execute on the keyboard. He grinned while he did.

MK’s Kart managed to drive a whole seventy five yards. MK’s head only managed fifteen.

Kollarn and Igor managed to duck under the wire just in time. They stopped their Karts in shock. They got out of their karts.

The Blu electricity slammed into them from the walls. They stopped. Shocked.
  • <insert citizen kane clapping gif here>
  • Thanks Ram. More to come.
  • These new chapters are like early Christmas presents. Nice work, Rev.
  • Thanks man. Will write some more tonight.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Well done rev, really enjoying this.
  • Nice work Rev. I'm now half expecting a whole series of Omen style grizzly deaths ...
  • Chapter 26

The island, so you understand, is about the size of a Bear compared to the size of a Badger. Let’s also not forget that while this is taking ages to roll out, bit by bit, we are still well within the time frame before both islands essentially disappear out of existence. The bottles that were washing up on the shore of Badger Island, now seem to be flooding in now towards Bear Island as well. The message is still the same, warning of impending doom. Some of the bottles appear to have glitched so they are floating in thin air as they land on the shore. Some of the messages are wrapped around the bottles, some of the messages have little bottles for letters. It is all getting a bit messy.

‘Unless the Spam Threat is resolved, the forum will be shut down.’

There is clearly some movement now across the island as well.

Not as in individuals or persons. The island itself seems to be reorganising as though someone has decided to take the reins and finish off what Blu started. Or as they think, what Blurum started. If this was a film there would now be typing in the background as the island started to shape itself. On the West side, further around from where Outlaw’s village is, the earth and rocks are rising out of the ground, the sand is super heating and solidifying, the trees are being uprooted and morphed and the half shapes and half-finished objects that lay on the ground are finding purpose. If a city grew like a forest, then this is how it would grow if the whole process was speeded up where ten years where condensed into ten minutes. The noise was like an organic orchestra tuning itself.  BWAAAAAHHHNNNGGG.

Out of the very ground itself, figures were growing and appearing, white and glowing in colour to begin with but then the light faded and the figures changed slightly to give them individuality. Many of them were drones and started walking in a set routine, as though they were programmed to. Some of them seemed to have slightly more intelligence and were seen getting into cars that appeared from nowhere. They drove off at a predetermined pedestrian rate.

A small city has been grown from the ground. The typing finishes.

At the side of a car dealership, a red door opens and Rudolph steps through, his head turned back into the control room where he is saying one last thing.

‘I know. Just hold him there while I go get something. Then he can give us some proof.’

He closes the door behind him. It fades slightly into the wall as though it is no longer a door.

Leaning against the wall of a car dealership, a man in a white t-shirt and thinning hair grins from ear to ear when he sees who has appeared.

He stands up straight and offers Rudolph a gun and a machete, then a small butterfly knife.

‘I hope that’s everything you need hoss.’ says Trevor.

‘Almost. I’ll be honest with you Trevor. I’m having to deal with someone who thinks they are running things here and don’t really listen to what I have to say. The problem I have is that if our new arrivals see me, I’m guessing they are going to clock who I am within about two shakes of a lamb’s tail. I’m the type of person that likes to disarm with my charm if you understand what I mean. I want them to think that..’

There was a blur of movement and two thuds.

‘Let me change that, I need them to believe that I’m you.’

Rudolph picked up Trevor’s head, planted a kiss on his forehead and slowly pulled the skin away from the skull underneath. He was quietly disappointed by the lack of blood.[font=Calibri, sans-serif][/font]
  • what a nasty piece of work.  Rudolph that is, not the writing!
  • Chapter 27

Once something is here, it means it can be controlled. It can be manipulated.

The spambots had now overrun No Subject and were trying to get into the hub that had been sealed off.

They had stamped all over the campfire and had put the fire out. Some had unsuccessfully tried to walk onto the water and were talking on the seabed or stuck in the sea where the sea had solidified.

They were talking to anyone who cared to listen to them.

The bottles continued to wash up on the shore

Through all the chaos, the milling around and the unintended destruction, the bottles were slowly revolving so they were starting to line up along the same axis.

They were being organised to fit together, to almost solidify.  There were enough of them to make a structure that was able to have three spambots walking side by side. There were enough bottles to join the islands together through the make shift bridge. It took some time for the spambots to even realise it was there. It took even more time for the first to take their steps. It was helped by the figure that had appeared on the bridge to beckon them on. They scrambled after him like a cat chasing a reflection off a mirror. It was someone to talk to. It was worth chasing after.

The spambots were on their way to Bear Island.

Chapter 28

We’re jumping around. It’s going to happen. You just have to Bear with me.

You don’t have to know how Brooks ended up in the control room. The fact of the matter is that Brooks has no idea how he managed to find it himself. All he knows is that there is a part of him that knew where to go. It was almost like a filing cabinet opening in the back of his mind. The trouble was, he never owned that filing cabinet. He is finding that he is remembering things that he knows he has never done. Like subliminal memories polluting his thoughts. He finds himself getting flashes of deja-vu. The only thing that allows him to concentrate his mind is the rage and anger.

Rejection.

That’s what it is. They chose her and him over me.

They’ve only known them for five minutes.

Such good friends now.

So happy.

Many Laughs.

It’s all forgotten now of course.

Like a change of hair means a change of heart. Like letting a murderer sit at the dinner table because they wore a suit.

They left you in pain and went.

They left you broken and walked away.

No.

This isn’t me.

This is part of you.

Then he is at the opening to the control room. It is not at the top of a mountain, but seems to be in some kind of cave. The opening is very small and there is a red door at the entrance hanging off the hinges. The nameplate is lying on the ground.

It says ‘Moderation.’

The cave isn’t lit. There is a light source at the back of it.

Brooks takes his time and slows his pace.

To the left and with his back to him a figure is drawing stick figures on the cave wall.

Every figure he draws has what appears to be a huge wobbly penis.

Contrarose giggles to himself every time he finishes one off.

He would probably giggle at me using the phrase finishing one off.

Brooks sneaks towards Contra and in a swift movement covers his mouth and brings his sharpened stick up towards his neck.

Contra drops what he is holding and the two of them make their towards the source of the light.

Brooks witnesses Rudolph slamming his hand down on the desk.

He feels his heart pounding within his chest.

He never thought he would actually be scared.

He breathes in.

Slightly more than he should have.

‘You’re going about this the wrong way.’ He says.

‘Contra, keep your mouth shut. I swear if you don’t keep a lid on it, you’ll be next to feel the back of my hand.’ growled Rudolph.

Contra stepped forward out of the dark. There was a hand over his mouth that wasn’t his. There was a sharpened stick pressed into his neck.

‘I said, you’re going about this the wrong way,’ repeated Brooks.

There was a minute where nothing happened.

Player1 turned round in his chair and his face was a mask of surprise. Scorpio went to say something but Rudolph barked at him to shut up.  He looked at Brooks.

‘I don’t know who you are. You are either extremely brave or extremely stupid. Either way, I suggest you let Contra go.’

Brooks stepped forward. He released Contra who half giggling, half shrieking, scuttled over to be next to Rudolph.

Rudolph’s face had the lightest of red glows about it.

Brooks took another step towards him.

There was a low guttural growl coming from Rudolph’s throat.

‘I would maybe leave him alone if I were you’ said Player1

‘Give me one good reason to even entertain that thought.’ replied Rudolph.

‘Because If I’m reading this right then the power signature coming off him suggests he’s Blurum.’

‘He’s right Rudolph. You don’t need some system to tell you we’re alike.’ said Brooks.

Rudolph pulled over a chair, grabbed Brooks and pushed him into the seat, almost pushing the seat backwards at the same time. 

‘I’m not stupid. There’s an easy way to solve this little conundrum. Open the Moderation door on the city Player1.’ said Rudolph.

‘Ok, I’ve just created it and opened it up so there is a chance there might be a couple of glitches.’ said Player1

Scorpio picked up the sharped stick and pointed it towards Brooks.

Rudolph opened the red door which let a blast of sunlight in. His massive frame was a shadow to everyone left in the room. He turned his head to say something as he walked through.

‘I know. Just hold him there while I go get something. Then he can give us some proof.’

The door closed behind him.

Brooks looked around the room and smiled at Player1.

‘I’m very pleased with how you turned out Player1.’

‘I suggest you keep your mouth shut until Rudolph comes back.’ said Pranky.

‘If you don’t have the proof he needs then he’ll kill you.’ said Player1.

‘If he does that he’ll never know.’ replied Brooks.

‘Never know what?’ replied Player1

‘The password baby.’ Laughed Brooks.
  • Will try to get a couple more chapters up tomorrow. Still open to suggestions. x

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!