• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Mario 64 works with a GC pad on Wii U? Neat. Yeah, potential lack of true analogue support in SM64DS was something I was wondering about. If it's been added for VC version, top banana. MM would probably be better on 3DS...

That's Wii - not WiiU - you would need an adaptor for GC on that console - not sure if the Wii VC running on WiiU would work.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The GC adaptor only works with Smash Bros as far as I can gather. It doesn't work with the Wii so suspect it won't work with the virtual Wii partition on the WiiU.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Oh boo.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Thought that might be the case. A classic controller , especially a pro, fits the bill admirably though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I have a Classic Pro and a vanilla Pro for my Wii U, so that's that snorted.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It still looks a mite fuzzy , especially on my 50" Sony, but better than I should really expect. I think either they tidied it up or the emulator is doing a wee favour. Wii with component.

m641.jpg

m642.jpg

m643.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'd wager there's some edge-defuzzing going on via the Wii.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's a small border left and right - doesn't totally fit the screen but the widescreen support had been nicely done.

Pro classic / classic takes a wee bit of adjustment but it works well. 2nd stick is camera. Shoulder button is Z
  • They probably upped the anti aliasing. Wouldn't have thought it would be a difficult thing to change in code and would make a big difference.
  • Wii through component looks gorgeous generally.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The 480p Wii games look nice but some of the VC and WiiWare stuff runs at 576i. Just doesn't look as crisp but they still look OK.

The VC port of 1942 runs at 480p and it looks quite lovely - best port I've ever played inc MAME. It looks great on the 50" Sony. Now with this Tatsunoko stick I reckon I've got a better than arcade experience.

The few N64 games I've downloaded look crisper and they are a pleasure to play with a clearer display. The only one I'm not so keen on is Sin & Punishment because it really was built around the original controller.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Tatsunoko Vs Capcom = best fightmans.

TRU FAX.
  • You obviously have never played Eternal Champions Swirly!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    You obviously have never played Eternal Champions Swirly!

So bloody difficult!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    You obviously have never played Eternal Champions Swirly!

True. But as a kid I did memorise the entire move list. Just in case, like.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Tatsunoko Vs Capcom = best fightmans. TRU FAX.

Correct.

Released on absolutely the wrong system though.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Went online once with Tats v Capcom. Got my arse comprehensively handed to me.

It seemed to perform well without any lag (at least as far as I could discern at any rate)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Went online once with Tats v Capcom. Got my arse comprehensively handed to me.

Me too. I went in with such high hopes, too - I could monster time trial mode in about ten minutes. Some Japanese bloke put me in my place.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I went in without even clearing anything beforehand thinking I could "Streetfighter" and muddle through and got a well deserved thumping. Went back after practicing a bit a few weeks later and got lashed 10-0.

Never again.
  • Is it me or have SNES prices gone through the roof over the last couple of years?

I was having a nose on ebay yesterday and it's ridiculous, probably doesn't help that I'm after CiB USA games but still, the prices seem to have sky rocketed since I last had a proper look.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • This is such a shame, it really shows how much ebay has changed since its early days.

Every game I'm looking at has bin of £XXX.

Are they worth that? I'd like to see one on a traditional 99p start auction to see.

Feels like there's just a stand off on there of ridiculous prices and buyers refusing to pay them.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Is it me or have SNES prices gone through the roof over the last couple of years?

Prices on retro stuff in general, but especially the rarer items, seems to be on an exponential curve. Long gone are the days when Radiant Silvergun selling for £100 was crazy money.

I recently broke the £40 barrier for the first time on my Neo Geo Pocket collection, and it's only going to get worse. Most other titles tend to hit £100, with Neo Baccarat going for £300 or more. I've never seen a cib copy of Pocket Reversi, but I dread to think what they'll want for it given its sold for over £400 ten or more years ago.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I've seen Pocket Reversi carts with a BiN of £60 or more, ffs.
  • Its barmy.

I wonder what the prices on SNES games are in US stores? I'm starting to think I'd be better off going over there for a holiday and picking some up there instead.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Most people who set the high BIN prices are chancing their arm to see whether someone desperate will bite. You will find most have been on their for ages and are automatically relisted. There has been a copy of Typing the Dead for the DC on there for about 3 years for £70 (sad thing is that over the time it's been on there its actual inflated cost is now not that far behind).

I tend to only tend to buy via BIN when I filter for newly listed games as I have grabbed a few DC bargains by people listing something they don't know the true value of.

It's also a good idea to check the completed listings to see what things have actually sold for. Appreciate if it's a rare game not many will have sold but you get my drift.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    Most people who set the high BIN prices are chancing their arm to see whether someone desperate will bite. You will find most have been on their for ages and are automatically relisted.

That's exactly it, I've even tried it selling, they don't go.

I generally list at 99p auctions when I'm selling, just a shame most others don't.

It's basically turned into retro scalping.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    In the past three years in Akihabara there has definitely been a noticeable price increase, about 10-20% across the board.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    SNES is highly desireable now, especially CIB. Those cardboard boxes make them harder to come by in any sort of decent condition.

If anything the SNES mini has probably added to that.

New SNES games back in 92-3 where £40 a pop which is about £75 now. I know you can't apply that to modern gaming sensibilities but it makes you think.
  • I've got about 70 CiB down from a peak of 130 ish.

Everything I want is £100 plus now, I'd love to get them all but I really can't justify it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!