PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Urban Champion, the grandfather of Nidhogg.

Had to buy it for the legacy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What's that Konami athletics game for the DC?

Have you a light gun and CRT for Confidential Mission?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Day one of the Dreamcast haul.

Marry me.

Wat.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • International Track and Field Davy. I love that game.

You should try and see if you can get Mars Matrix and Borderdown for a decent price too Reg as they are extortionate over here. Space channel 5 part 2 Big box special edition goes for a fortune over here too if you can get it.

Accessories wise ASCII made a brilliant fight pad for the DC, again an absolute rip off over here but very desirable:
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ascii+fight+pad+dreamcast&client=ms-android-sonymobile&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcgoT-nfDUAhVEBcAKHbjyDb4Q_AUICigC&biw=360&bih=512
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have Virtua Athlete 2K for DC which seems to be the Athlete Kings/Decathlete sequel. Hadn't heard of a Konami one. Will check it out because Virtua Athlete is a tad lukewarm compared to the Saturn game.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Played a bit of Tempest 2000 on the old Saturn this evening. What an absolutely splendid game this is. I've never played the Jaguar original but this port looks and sounds quite superb - looking great on my CRT. I have the PAL version but I can play it on my JP Saturn using the AR cart - plays great. The music sounds exactly the same as when played at 50Hz but the game plays a bit quicker and at full screen. I haven't played this in a while but if anything age has improved it.

I'm vulturing old projectors in work and may end up with one - this game would be one of the first to try out that way.
  • It's a port/sequel to the N64 Track & Field game.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Had Int Track & Field for PS1 - that was fun though I never got to play it that much.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    What's that Konami athletics game for the DC?

Have you a light gun and CRT for Confidential Mission?

First question answered! Second question - no light gun yet but yes I have a lovely big CRT!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Was worried in case you didn't realise it was a lightgun game in the adrenalin rush. I know I'd probably lose the run of myself in your position.

It's supposed to be an excellent game - probably the best in that genre on offer for the console.
  • GO GO DAY 2.  Let's go spend some ker-azy money.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Haha was in Odaiba today. Won't be near electric town till next weekend
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Will you bring me a stick of rock?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Righto today I found the retro Mecca. It was just off Harajuku (about 15 mins walk from Shibuya.) Everything here was 100¥ each except the sonic thing which was 1000¥ (about £8)

vEyWRpu.jpg
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Noice.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sweet lord. Even their controller boxes look better.

JP Pen Pen. I found that in the wild in downtown Belfast - one of the weirdest out-of-place pickups I have ever done. In retrospect I probably missed an uninformed someone dumping an import collection as part of a clearout and I picked up what was left. 

The PAL version doesn't run at 60Hz and I don't think it supports the VGA box either so the JP version is well worth getting. Pretty sure the JP version has a different intro sequence too.  You will have a laugh with that in versus mode.

Worth checking out Sega Rally 2 on gamefaqs - there are several secret keypress sequences for changing display modes that steady the somewhat variable framerate (though I find playing with VGA sorts that out anyhow). The JP version is a bit different though as it was an earlier build so I'm not sure. It splits opinion probably because of the level of expectation. It's a Windows CE port - which isn't a good sign when booting a game up but I quite like it.

Think you struck lucky on that special edition of Sonic Adventure 2.

What's the first game on the 2nd row?
  • Jet Set Radio.  I actually bought and played through the Japanese version of that before it arrived over here (also played Soul Calibur and Sonic Adventure early, but didn't have to pay for those).  

Would you stop playing that radio of yours.  Wuhwuh would you stop.  I'm trying to get. I'm trying to get.  I'm trying to get to sleep.  *Scream* 
  • Hey I have a question some of you may be able to help with.

I got a B&O CRT recently via a mate of Moot's; it works tip-top for snes, nes, N64 etc, picture is nice and the sound of the thing is incredible. However, when using it for JP PS2 and IIDX, it suffers from a fair bit of ghosting on notes as they fall (playable, but still somewhat irksome).

I used to have a Sony-something CRT and had no ghosting on IIDX at all; is the ghosting on the B&O something which could be remedied via the geometry settings or a component cable (if it supports)? I still need to fiddle around as I'm sure I'm not in optimal settings, but it's actually not very user friendly at all, the B&O geometry settings, so keep putting it off.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Sweet lord. Even their controller boxes look better.

JP Pen Pen. I found that in the wild in downtown Belfast - one of the weirdest out-of-place pickups I have ever done. In retrospect I probably missed an uninformed someone dumping an import collection as part of a clearout and I picked up what was left. 

The PAL version doesn't run at 60Hz and I don't think it supports the VGA box either so the JP version is well worth getting. Pretty sure the JP version has a different intro sequence too.  You will have a laugh with that in versus mode.

Worth checking out Sega Rally 2 on gamefaqs - there are several secret keypress sequences for changing display modes that steady the somewhat variable framerate (though I find playing with VGA sorts that out anyhow). The JP version is a bit different though as it was an earlier build so I'm not sure. It splits opinion probably because of the level of expectation. It's a Windows CE port - which isn't a good sign when booting a game up but I quite like it.

Think you struck lucky on that special edition of Sonic Adventure 2.

What's the first game on the 2nd row?

Yep - as mentioned it's JSR
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Hey I have a question some of you may be able to help with. I got a B&O CRT recently via a mate of Moot's; it works tip-top for snes, nes, N64 etc, picture is nice and the sound of the thing is incredible. However, when using it for JP PS2 and IIDX, it suffers from a fair bit of ghosting on notes as they fall (playable, but still somewhat irksome). I used to have a Sony-something CRT and had no ghosting on IIDX at all; is the ghosting on the B&O something which could be remedied via the geometry settings or a component cable (if it supports)? I still need to fiddle around as I'm sure I'm not in optimal settings, but it's actually not very user friendly at all, the B&O geometry settings, so keep putting it off.

What type of connection are you using with your JP PS2?
  • Standard r,w,y composite it came with. Same cable I used on my old Sony crt.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    May well be that. Might be worth seeing if there is an NTSC option on the TV - it might need to be manually set to that?
  • Well the game displays in colour so I assume it's picking ntsc up? I've had older crt's that display b&w.

I'll try a component cable today and fiddle with some more settings, hopefully find a resolution. Cheers.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah your right. It would be B&W if it didn't like the NTSC signal. I would imagine component would sort it though I have come across the odd game that doesn't work right with component - Capcom Collection vol.1 for example looks like one of the colours is missing (although that's the PAL version).
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I have the N64 itch. Fancy playing Majora's Mask and Mario 64.

Should I get MM on Wii U VC, or for 3DS? And for Mario 64, is the DS version on VC any good?
  • I believe the 3DS version of MM has upgraded graphics whereas the WiiU version is a straight port of the N64 game.

DS version of M64 had other playable characters iirc, it was considered inferior due to the DS not having an analogue stick, I don't know if analogue support has been added to the VC version.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wii VC Mario 64 has widescreen support. Plays pretty well (needs classic or GC pad)
  • DS version of Mario 64 on VC has analogue control, apparently.  Not sure if that's true though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Mario 64 works with a GC pad on Wii U? Neat.

Yeah, potential lack of true analogue support in SM64DS was something I was wondering about. If it's been added for VC version, top banana.

MM would probably be better on 3DS...
  • I think so.
    Noticeably better graphics on 3DS plus you can use the bottom screen for items, Maps etc.
    I haven't played MM on 3DS but I think OOT on 3 DS is the definitive version.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!