PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Smash for sure.
    Is there a Fire Emblem coming? I mean there is about 15 FE games coming but are any of them Switch?
    Yes there is a bespoke one coming
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Nintendo PlayStation prototype working.

Cross-posted to Sins of the Silicon thread.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Cross-posted from the 52 games thread:

Medal of Honor: Infiltrator

This one took me a couple of weeks of DLR sessions.  One or two levels required multiple commutes of concerted effort and silent anguish.  It's easy to forgot how much trickier it was to wade through games like this before there was a checkpoint on every corner.  At least it saves between levels, but if you lose a couple of lives it may not be worth saving.  Hey everyone - I'm proud of myself.

It's a top-down Commando type with a few Operation Wolf style stages chucked in and a touch of Metal Gear sneaking for good measure.  The graphics are good (it's especially crisp on a Micro screen), there's plenty of sampled speech and even a spot of B&W FMV (on a cart!!).  Brilliant little game.  [8]

Scout knows.
  • I forgot to put Metroid Fusion in my bag this morning, so I tried to continue with my Gunstar Super Heroes save from a few years ago instead, hoping that I'd misjudged it and everything would be as rosy as when I played the original on 3DS recently.  Nope, it's still shit.  There are plenty of worse games around, but the fact that it turned a fantastic run and gun into something so whiffy means it thoroughly deserves the ready, aim, tomatoes treatment.   I think Guardian Heroes Advance probably does a slightly better job, and that was shoddy too.

Astro Boy tears both to pieces.
  • Aye, MoH: Infiltrator is a cracker. Your posting about it has inspired me to give it another run through.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Astro Boy FTW. Epic game.

In other news, out of curiosity, what do people use to connect old systems to modern TVs? Or do people tend to source CRTs for their retro hardware?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've found quite a few of my consoles look good on my 32" LCD.

They do look better on the CRT though. So I still have one with most of my consoles connected via a powered RGB SCART switch.

The device of choice for those with no CRT is still the XRGB mini by Framemeister. But it's £300 and there are compromises. For example it doesn't handle games that change video modes very well for example. Overall it's reported as a superb solution though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It might not cover all your consoles but the retron5 looks great on HDTVs, especially with scanlines enabled.

Just a huge shame PC Engine and N64 aren't supported.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    The device of choice for those with no CRT is still the XRGB mini by Framemeister. But it's £300 and there are compromises.

Ouch. I was expecting about 10% of that price.

For more than I would spend on an actual retro console, it better be perfect. Heck, at £300, I'd expect it to grant wishes.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are cheaper upscalers but as far as I am aware none of then touch the Framemeister. It only adds 1 - 1.5 frames of lag , has upgradable firmware and is highly configurable which are its big selling points.

I'm sticking with the real thing for now! If you have the space it's still the better option.

Forgot about the Retron5 - is a far more sensible proposition.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    But does it grant wishes?
  • There is also the OSSC which if you can get hold of one seems to do the same job but is cheaper:
    https://blz.la/rgb/ossc.html

You can preorder here:
    https://www.videogameperfection.com/products/open-source-converter/
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oooh, neat. Not quite as professional looking as the XRGB, but cheap at half the price.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That looks to be a very nice device.
  • A Top 101 GBA List

1. Because lists are great
    2. Because the GBA is great
    3. Because the (presumably poorly translated?) descriptions of each game are wonderful.
  • Astroboy at 99! Pah
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Be an Astro boy to fly here and there with X-Ray power that makes your character unique from classics. Come out for a series of action as an Astro Boy and punish your foes in 10 different levels.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Be an Astro boy to fly here and there with X-Ray power that makes your character unique from classics. Come out for a series of action as an Astro Boy and punish your foes in 10 different levels.

Is that from the EDGE review? ;)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Sonic fared well, but I don't recall seeing Advance Wars on the list.

Was GTA: San Andreas really released on GBA?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    There was a GTA on GBA, but not San Andreas, afaik.
  • It's on the list.

I can't imagine it's legit though, even though games companies do some strange/incredible stuff.
  • Not legit afaik.  GTAV probably came out on the Master System in Brazil though.
  • Follow the commando action against BADDs and KILLT for your pal Super Joe’s security. You will be anxious to become a bionic commando in the game whose arm enables you to navigate all the movements. You have been assigned super moves and the best energizers in this game to fulfill your aims.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Not legit afaik.  GTAV probably came out on the Master System in Brazil though.

Street Fighter II did and it actually looks pretty good.
  • XY can't Metroid XX?
    The reckless hunter Samus Aran is now struggling for his life and you have to assume his character to bring him out of the dangers. You will have high tech and classical weapons to be collected to get a score.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:

I've played Dynamite Headdy, might check some more out over the weekend.
  • GTA Advance was genuine.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Brazil, iirc, got a version of Virtua Fighter for Master System. Can't imagine it's much cop.

• Blue Swirl wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Brazil, iirc, got a version of Virtua Fighter for Master System. Can't imagine it's much cop.

The Maga Drive version wasn't great.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I had a Maga Drive. Connected to my Sorny television and my Boser sound system.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!