• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Toki
    one of the MM games - MM96 is probably the best.
    Super Hang On
    Super Monaco GP
    Columns
    Desert Strike
    Hellfire
    Thunderforce IV
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Toejam and Earl

Did the MD get a decent version of SFII? I thought they were are bobbins.
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms?
  • AJ wrote:
    Toejam and Earl Did the MD get a decent version of SFII? I thought they were are bobbins.

The original md conversions were indeed half-baked efforts by capcom.
    Gaudy color palettes and butchered sound made the md versions inferior to their snes counterparts. The only saving grace was the playability which was intact and for some reason frame pacing's quite a bit better than in the snes versions. Resolution is also a tad higher and the original intros are left intact with more frames of animation.

If you're emulating patched roms are available by modders Pyron and Stephane with redone palette's and an updated sound driver with clear voice samples. They're not perfect but they are an enourmous upgrade over the originals and show what the md was truely capable of if Sega only had focused on improving MD dev tools instead of 32X development. Check the b and b dropbox for patched versions of sf2 sce and ssf2. The patched roms should also work on original hardware with an everdrive.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Up in the loft today, rooting through some stuff. Found my N64 (with memory expansion), 4 controllers and a load of games. A friend at work is asking to buy it and the games. Anyone got any advice on a reasonable price for the machine and games?

E53175_E2-06_ED-4762-_A324-1_F9_C2_DFB669_A.jpg
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Forgot to put Ghouls 'n Ghosts on my Mega Drive list.
  • Interesting info about SFII, hunk, thanks. So, with original carts, is there a version worth owning if you've got a SNES one?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's the Zeldas that are worth the cash, grem. Particularly the snes one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh and super star wars too. Could probably get £100 for the two
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thank you all for the mega drive lists btw
  • AJ wrote:
    Interesting info about SFII, hunk, thanks. So, with original carts, is there a version worth owning if you've got a SNES one?

Imho, unless you're a sf2 collector and nut, no not really. Not sure what a complete boxed version in mint condition is worth tho'.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It's the Zeldas that are worth the cash, grem. Particularly the snes one.
    regmcfly wrote:
    Oh and super star wars too. Could probably get £100 for the two

Cheers Reg. it’s just the N64 stuff I’m selling atm anyway.

I choose to maintain a belief that Turok 2 is priceless. Man, I loved that game.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Come for F-Zero X, stay for The World Is Not Enough.
  • Other than missing out Eternal Champions Choppers list is really good. I'd add Dynamite Headdy, Ranger X and Aladdin too.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Interesting info about SFII, hunk, thanks. So, with original carts, is there a version worth owning if you've got a SNES one?
    Imho, unless you're a sf2 collector and nut, no not really. Not sure what a complete boxed version in mint condition is worth tho'.

Always thought SF2Turbo was the best SNES one. There's a nice collector's edition in a tin with a badge. Don't think it is that expensive though.
  • Regarding the Street Fighters, your better off picking up the 30th Anniversary on one of the modern consoles.

The 16Bit games were great in their day but there's much better versions available to us now, they're a bit redundant.

SNES and MD both have great catalogues of exclusive games, look into those instead of outdated ports of SF.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • True, but I do have a soft spot for the 16-bit versions of sf2. Historically they're a technical benchmark for their respective consoles and were important to their commercial success. I even like the pc engine version. But then again, I'm a bit of a sf fanboy.
  • A prime-time Megadrive list for those not blessed with nostalgia (that's what I'm aiming for anyway):

Rocket Knight Adventures
    The Story of Thor
    Toejam & Earl 2 for primo co-op
    Robocop Vs Terminator
    Sub Terrania
    Dynamite Headdy
    Mercs (this one has dated, but the straight-ahead simplicity holds up)
    Castlevania: Bloodlines
    Pulseman
    Shinobi III
    Streets of Rage 2
    Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic 3

Curveball curio: Haunting Starring Polterguy.

Something specific for Reg: Magical Flying Turbo Hat Adventure
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Forgot about Dragon's Fury for MD. Among the best the genre (pinball) has to offer on any platform.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Up in the loft today, rooting through some stuff. Found my N64 (with memory expansion), 4 controllers and a load of games. A friend at work is asking to buy it and the games. Anyone got any advice on a reasonable price for the machine and games? E53175_E2-06_ED-4762-_A324-1_F9_C2_DFB669_A.jpg

Those boxed N64 games are probably worth more than you would think. Prices have been climbing recently.

I'd also imagine Illusion of Time and LttP on SNES would get a pretty penny.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    A prime-time Megadrive list for those not blessed with nostalgia (that's what I'm aiming for anyway):

Rocket Knight Adventures
    The Story of Thor
    Toejam & Earl 2 for primo co-op
    Robocop Vs Terminator
    Sub Terrania
    Dynamite Headdy
    Mercs (this one has dated, but the straight-ahead simplicity holds up)
    Castlevania: Bloodlines
    Pulseman
    Shinobi III
    Streets of Rage 2
    Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic 3

Curveball curio: Haunting Starring Polterguy.

Something specific for Reg: Magical Flying Turbo Hat Adventure

RoboCop Vs Terminator is a great call as is Haunting. I am surprised you've not mentioned Landstalkers or Red Zone
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Turtles Hyperstone Heist is one I like that's not been mentioned.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Eric wrote:
    RoboCop Vs Terminator is a great call as is Haunting. I am surprised you've not mentioned Landstalkers or Red Zone

I wanted to mention both, plus a few more, but was thinking Landstalker is a bit of a long one to tackle as a retro game and I'm willing to admit that maaaaybe Red Zone isn't quite as awesome as I think it is.  

So I'll put General Chaos in for multiplayer funtimes.
  • NHL 94

If you haven't got them on modern consoles, Another World and Flashback.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Revenge of Shinobi
    Herzog Zwei
    Hellfire
    Gynoug
    Thunderforce 4
  • John Madden's American Soccerball
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Up in the loft today, rooting through some stuff. Found my N64 (with memory expansion), 4 controllers and a load of games. A friend at work is asking to buy it and the games. Anyone got any advice on a reasonable price for the machine and games?
    Those boxed N64 games are probably worth more than you would think. Prices have been climbing recently. I'd also imagine Illusion of Time and LttP on SNES would get a pretty penny.

Rough guess: I'd say single digits for the loose carts, £10 or so for the boxed ones, with the more collectible ones (in that picture, the SNES) being in the £50 region. Get thyself to eBay, see what people are asking for Buy it Now. People can get a bit optimistic but it should give you an idea of what to charge if you want to sell it.

EDIT: I took a quick look on fleabay, Illusion of Time is £25 ish loose, and £45+ CiB.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hit the completed sales to get a real sense of it
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Does LttP have the map and hint book? If so that will add value.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!