Retro Gaming
  • That is a hell of a cover. It appears to be a fight between two heads with forearms for necks.
  • I had the street fighter one (if it came standalone), or that one if not, although I don't recall reading the SoR.

The SF one was indeed a bit hardcore, iirc Ryu took a pasting from Sagat and there was stuff like broken ribs and vomiting (classic SFII).
  • I definitely had that, those images just caused a pang in the memory banks. I may well have read the SoR one too but just cannae remember it cause I was all about the SF life.
  • The one I had was standalone I think, with a move list with illustrations at the back.

Found it on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STREET-FIGHTER-II-Novel-TIPS-N-FORCE-Chris-Rice-cheats-snes-nes-Game-Boy-/303596558738
  • I used to like GTI Club but the handling was gash
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Beat King Cup Expert on F-Zero X today.

Last time I unlocked the Master level but never beat it - want to see how I get on - just got to beat Expert Joker Cup now to unlock the X cup and the Master level.

Gosh - this game is good.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nice. What vehicle did you use?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, I had that too, probably in my sisters loft nowadays, or a car boot sale
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I definitely had that, those images just caused a pang in the memory banks. I may well have read the SoR one too but just cannae remember it cause I was all about the SF life.

Perfectly reasonable
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nice. What vehicle did you use?
    Samurai Goroh (pink) vehicle.  I always try to take out the rival early on in a race and it's one of the better cars for it - it gives out a lot of damage.  :)  Sticks to the track like glue as well. Take the rival out once or twice and winning a cup becomes a great deal easier if you can string together 2 or 3 wins over the 6 races.

Joker cup is a lot tougher.... great tracks though. In fact this game doesn't really have filler tracks - apart from the first one which is pretty easy the rest are excellent.
  • That's the one I use to, same tactics also :-D

Absolutely fantastic game, think I'll boot it up myself soon.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Beat King Cup Expert on F-Zero X today. Last time I unlocked the Master level but never beat it - want to see how I get on - just got to beat Expert Joker Cup now to unlock the X cup and the Master level. Gosh - this game is good.

I loved GX (and AX), but could never get much beyond Pleb Cup on Moron difficulty. Very impressive.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    GX is just a bit too hard for its own good. Gorgeous game though.

Plain old X seems more kinetic. If feels better somehow. That could be because I play with the wired controller and the rumble pack though. It's used really well in that game - really adds to the feel of it. 

Perhaps the later tracks GX are too long - don't really know. It's just gets bloody hard really quickly. It took me an age to unlock that last cup (Diamond?) and there is no way I'll be able to unlock the AX tracks. I have still to beat Diamon on Expert (I think that's how far I get - must check - don't think I have unlocked master level).

Unless there's a custom vehicle that makes it manageable? I think I remember one I put together helped me achieve some of what I did.

Never beat story mode either. :(
  • I bounced of GX for the same reasons, I wanted to like it so much.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's Sega's take on the IP - and they built a superb game - noone does epic looking tracks and environments like they do - but they don't have the same touch that Nintendo have for difficulty curves.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Polished off the Joker cup on Expert. A bit of a nervy last race on that Big Hand track and I needed to win even though I took the rival out early on as I was in 3rd place overall going into it.

Master then. Came 4th in my first attempt at the Jack Cup. It really is a step up. I won the first race but the rest were all top 10s - think my other best finish was 5th...  You need to be practically boosting the entire time to be in with a shout.

Tried the X cup at expert. First 5 tracks were a walkover but the 6th was a real bitch - one of those trough levels - and the first 3 turns were a nightmare - went off the track 3 times despite drift turning into them - all lives gone...

It's a pity you can't save a track onto the memory pack for future use when it puts a doozy like that together.
  • Does anyone know how to unlock the following mission on OutRun 2006 Coast to Coast?

hl8SOKa.jpg

The menu simply says to Drive the course to unlock missions, I've driven it in OutRun mode but I can't unlock this and am completely stuck because of it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's another gorgeous driving game. PS2 version I played - really must go back to it.
  • Does anyone know how to unlock the following mission on OutRun 2006 Coast to Coast? hl8SOKa.jpg The menu simply says to Drive the course to unlock missions, I've driven it in OutRun mode but I can't unlock this and am completely stuck because of it.

Damn I should know, but cannae remember - I'd suggest trying to up those two As to a AA.

I know the codes to unlock everything if that helps, but I assume you're trying to unlock legit.
  • Or just generally up those grades at the end courses.
  • Wait, refresh my memory - what mode is that? Is it the one where each 'stage' there is a mini challenge, or is it the regular drive from the beach start?
  • They're mini challenges.

I can't up the grades on the end courses because I can only race 1/2 out of 3/4 challenges and those E averages are low because of that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Hmm, I'd try to up the A's to AA's then... seems a bit of a high bar though.

What happens when you press x on that, is that when Clarissa (?) pops up and says to drive the course?

Have you done the full hard route for both Outrun 2 and C2C successfully?

I checked the manuals of the psp, ps2 and xbox version but there's no details there on progression other than 'impress yer wan and fill hearts'.
  • nick_md wrote:
    What happens when you press x on that, is that when Clarissa (?) pops up and says to drive the course?

Nothing, pushing x normally would bring up the challenges for that course.

nick_md wrote:
    Have you done the full hard route for both Outrun 2 and C2C successfully?

Yep, even the 2SP version.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • This has me stumped then I'm afraid - is it linked to license miles (that was a thing right?) Maybe see if there's a longplay you can watch?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sold 3 of my PAL N64 games - netted me £80.

So what do I do?  Buy a CIB copy of N64 Bangai O for £140.....

eeeek...  !!!

Just discovered my US Saturn copy of Night Warriors is worth around £70 - so that's going to market too. That will cancel it out.

Still have 2 N64 games to that are worth £55 combined based on av sold listings.

Have been selling them on FB groups but need to go to eBay now... :(  Might check out what chillout will give me. If I can get £60 for all 3 games off them that's Bangai-O paid for.
  • Completely justified if it's self funded.

I paid for all my expensive SNES games by selling other games, I wouldn't have been able to stomach it any other way.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • nick_md wrote:
    This has me stumped then I'm afraid - is it linked to license miles (that was a thing right?) Maybe see if there's a longplay you can watch?

Cheers for the replies mate, I figured it out thankfully.

There's a forth way to race the tracks, you see on the far left of my pic... that's where you unlock them for this mode.

Probably really obvious when you first start, not so much if you're carrying on an 8 year old save file.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!