PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    SoR3 then
  • I've got it. £3 is about the right price for the amount of enjoyment I've had from it. It's not bad, particularly, just uninspired.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mind fighting force 64 on n64? It's that
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It was Plat's last contracted game for Sega per obligation. Best thing about it is the soundtrack.
  • AJ wrote:
    I've got it. £3 is about the right price for the amount of enjoyment I've had from it. It's not bad, particularly, just uninspired.
    Bollockoff wrote:
    It was Plat's last contracted game for Sega per obligation. Best thing about it is the soundtrack.
    regmcfly wrote:
    SoR3 then

That sounds fine to me for £3! I'll get a copy from CEX at some point, cheers gents
  • Goat Simulator
    Easily the most I have laughed playing a game in a while.
    It is stupid, piss poorly made but great fun, the crapiness and off the shelf assets somehow come together to become a theme of non-theme.
    Not sure it is really worth the eight quid I payed on bone. I got eight quid's worth of entertainment out of it but I wouldn't recommend everyone pays that. It isn't really completable as such so will score here rather than completed thread.
    Bearing in mind what it actually is and how it delivers that.
    7 Jet Pack wearing Giraffes out of 10 broken character rigs launching around the map.

Tonight I start Metroid Prime Trilogy.
  • (I really enjoyed Anarchy Reigns)
  • Metroid Prime

I forgot. I forgot how fucking good this game is!
    Over ten years old, it still looks great taking into account the obvious.

That music!

First time I have played Prime 1 with the Wiimote and it isn't half bad at all.

I know it is becoming almost cliche now but Nintendo really do need to go back to Metroid and F Zero. Starfish will be a step in the right direction hopefully.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A breed of fox
  • Splatoon Lylat crossover.
  • Still playing Rayman Legends, just 9 more teensies to get and a couple of gold medals. Slightly annoying end game in that you end up playing the same levels over and over and over but it looks and sounds so good that it only really grates after >15 mins stuck on a level.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Playing Serious Sam 3. It's a fun game and it's fun seeing what assets were reused for The Talos Principle.
  • Been playing some of the original Ghouls 'n' Ghosts this afternoon. Reminds me of Dark Souls in some ways. The second part of the first level is brutal, but there's nothing quite like getting it right and finally beating the boss at the end. Surprised they made it so tough early on, even though it's an arcade game, especially since the next level is easier - I reckon it would see most people off.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The Talos Principle is BRIMMING with insanely well hidden easter eggs.
  • A few gold medals away from being done with Rayman Legends, quite a few heads to take off before I'm finished God of War 3 and a few chapters into Beyond:Two Souls - lots of juggling to be done. Suitably impressed by BTS so far!
  • Shadow of Mordor

I'm not convinced. It's by far the best rendition of Arkham's Creed combat, but it's looking like there's not a lot else. The plot is little more than a reason for the game systems to exist and I can't see anything interesting popping up in the gameplay that hasn't been seen in the first hour or so.

I'll stick with it, 'cause the combat is awesome and that, but it's really making me realise I don't have time for games that are good by being good at them any more and really want something more to interest me. Hence not even trying Dark Souls when it's a fiver.
  • AJ wrote:
    The plot is little more than a reason for the game systems to exist
    I'm trying but I can't see anything wrong with this.

Also, play Dark Souls. I didn't because I didn't have time and I don't like long games anyway and it's not my kind of combat and I don't care for armour stats. I hated it for ages but it genuinely is one of the finest games. I've heard a lot about making your own stories in open world type games but this is the first time I actually felt it. My resulting character arc was better than any game script I have ever seen.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • But isn't it too hard?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    Shadow of Mordor I'm not convinced. It's by far the best rendition of Arkham's Creed combat, but it's looking like there's not a lot else. The plot is little more than a reason for the game systems to exist and I can't see anything interesting popping up in the gameplay that hasn't been seen in the first hour or so. I'll stick with it, 'cause the combat is awesome and that, but it's really making me realise I don't have time for games that are good by being good at them any more and really want something more to interest me. Hence not even trying Dark Souls when it's a fiver.

I'm feeling the same, aside from the Nemesis system its all a bit meh. Combat is great though.
  • I'm finding the Nemesis system particularly meh. Great idea that would add lots if you're into a different play style than me, but as things are they're just as interchangeable as any other grunt in any other game for me.

IanHamlett wrote:
    The plot is little more than a reason for the game systems to exist
    I'm trying but I can't see anything wrong with this.

There's nothing wrong with that, but it means that side of things holds nothing to keep my interest.

IanHamlett wrote:
    Also, play Dark Souls. [...] I hated it for ages [...]

That's exactly my point, though; I'm not going to spend time playing a game I don't like in order to like it.
  • Just go the easy way, from Firelink through the graveyard and down. You'll be unstoppable once you beat that area early game.
  • I'm guessing it'll take more than a few tries to beat that area, though, which means I never will.
  • I was in exactly the same boat as AJ for ages. I picked up DS for cheap years ago, played it, didn't like it, became a dad, had less time to play. Finally did it properly and still hated it for a while but it's worth whatever other gobshite games I could've played in that time.

All games get more enjoyable as you get better at them. DS just has more dynamic range in that respect.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • I've got plenty of games to play that won't annoy me for ages, and loads of things to do that'll achieve something if I want a challenge. Unless Dark Souls is going to start sucking my knob when I get good at it, I really can't how it'll be worthwhile.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Try it man, its one of the most rewarding games out there if you don't throw a temper tantrum after a couple of hours.
  • I've finished games and found them very enjoyable in less time.

Anyway, it's not on sale any more, so it's a moot point currently.

And I hear the PC version's a really shit port.

And there's no way a 360 copy is ever going to be a price I'd take a considered punt on.

And it's not the kind of thing I'll see somewhere to make an impulse buy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    PC version plus DSFix hallo. Plus Game do preowned 360 for about eight quid.
  • Holy shit, I just got to level 5 on Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts.

I'm not sure, but I think that makes me God. Or at least Jesus.
  • PC version plus DSFix hallo. Plus Game do preowned 360 for about eight quid.

Yeah with DSfix the port is better than any console version.

But i'm getting this idea that you're not gonna play it. Can't quite finger why.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!