Currently Playing
  • It's one of my favourite games ever, soak it in.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I will tonight for you though

What happen?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I watched snooker.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's one of my favourite games ever, soak it in.

I love it. I think I traded it with DS after I finished it. Got it on PC now tho so eyyyy
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    It's one of my favourite games ever, soak it in.
    I love it. I think I traded it with DS after I finished it. Got it on PC now tho so eyyyy

Yeah you did for Gears of War 3, I hated every second and passed it on.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think it was for your Bioshock Infinite guide actually - a thing my wife still treasures
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oh aye yeah, may well have been. I know I swapped Gears with someone, fuck knows.
  • I just bought Zombie U. Or ZombiU whatever crappy name they gave it. Don't think I've ever played a non cutesy game on the wii, feels a bit wrong.
  • The multiplayer is a lot of fun on that. Would love to see a proper version.
  • You mean on a proper gaming device?
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've stayed up playing Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai. I regret nothing and in fact will probably repeat.
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    You mean on a proper gaming device?

Nah, just an extension of the concept. The tablet aspect isn't mandatory, but it of course really adds a bunch. I remember we were promised all sort of cool tablet functions with various games that never transpired, thus I have faith that Koj will deliver with MGSV's mission constructor
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Been playing both Puzzle and Dragons and Kirby Rainbow Paintbrush. Both hide a rather deceptive difficulty spike beneath their multicoloured sheens. Puzzle and Dragons has me at the minute. Have been switching between the two modes, Mario exploration definitely more fun than Pokemon Shan Lite
  • Had a go on The Unfinished Swan and Ether One this weekend. Fairly unimpressed with both, however I can see the appeal. Both just seem too directionless for my tastes. Ether One was quite enjoyable at first but as the locations opened up I started to lose interest.

Back to Driveclub it is.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Okami HD, by fuck that is a long and boring unskippable intro story.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yup. Punch through it though.
  • Rayman Legends still going strong. Managed to finally beat all the music levels and MY GOD were they hard. Got 25 or so teensies to get which I can't decide whether I'm doing or not... probably will. I'm putting this right up there with my GOTG, even though it spans 2 Gs. 

Any game I can put this many hours into with the GF is worth it's weight in gold*

*metaphorical weight - actual weight is zero
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've played nothing but Isaac: Rebirth this past two weeks.Its the game that keeps on giving. Boss Rush with two characters left then I've done near enough everything bar a few challenges and The Lost.
  • I feel good for having hooked y'all on it
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I feel good for having hooked y'all on it

I give you my <3 for that sir.

Samson OP run:

BUIzEos.jpg

Hit I AM ERROR three times in a row to reset the level.
  • Having a crack at Puzzle & Dragons Z on 3DS - Has a very typical JRPG start where it's all walls of text and battle tutorials.  Hopefully it opens up after the first hour or so.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • So there were rumblings in the PC sphere that Klei's (then what did Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve) latest early access game - Invidisible Inc - was something really special, and it released as version 1.0 for £12 yesterday and after a few glowing reviews I took the plunge cos I had a fiver if steam credit sitting around.

It's fucking brilliant. Utterly fucking brilliant. It's a game built around a randomly generated selection of missions that you undertake in a 72 hour period before a final confrontation. You fly around the world, breaking and entering various corporation buildings to steal tech, implants, cash, info and recruits to build up for a final mission. In that respect it's like a mini XCOM, but the clock is really tight.

It reflects the main game too, where you spawn on a randomly generated floor and have to both find the exit and hack and steal everything under the sun. You have to strike a real fine line between fleet of foot and walking in eggshells, because false moves can cost you everything, but going too slow means the alarm coubter creeps up. Early mistakes aren't often too bad, but later on they compound into game ending catastrophes as the noise tightens.

Essentially it's a rogue-like with repeated attempts earning you EXP which reward you with the ability to start with a different team of agents, and a different hacking suite. There's also tweakable difficulty levels which let you implement all sorts if challenges, from longer/shorter campaigns, amount of rewinds per mission, difficulty types, warnings, all sorts - it makes XCOM's choice of tweaks look poor.

Basically when this comes to PS4, you should get it. It's a stealthy XCOM that's unforgivingly precise, and fine tuned so brilliantly that when you manage your first alarm level 6 scrape to victory you'll yelp with joy. It's getting 10s in plenty of places, and after about 6 hours with it I can understand why people are calling it the best turn based strategy game in years. Get excited as fuck PS4 owners, you've got a treat coming.
  • When it comes to PS4, I will get it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bear in mind it's unforgiving as sin. Can imagine that will irk many people as random generation can put you in situations that are seemingly unwinnable (hi Nuclear Throne) but you've got tools a plenty, so 95% of the time a failure is the result of a goof: too fast, too slow, hacking a turret and not turning it off so it kills a guard, tripping the alarm level over so another guard comes and investigated only to be shot and summon more guards all the while you're trying to survive long enough to hack the info you need from a VIP and shit, armoured personnel have arrived if only you'd bought that fucking gun on mission one...
  • Invisible Inc

Got a bit wrapped up gushing there, good catch.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Had my beady eye on that for a while, glad you're loving it Tempu. I'll get on it at some point, the biggest worry I've got is the constantly raising alarm level, but if it works like the federation fleet in FTL then I suppose I'll be OK with it.
  • I finished the beginner campaign this morning, I wasn't expecting to bust it so fast (steam tells me 5 hours, but that just tells me that steam is wrong as it was at 5 before I wrote the post this morning whilst it was paused) but beginner is literally babby mode, by the end I was fairly overpowered and content to cat and mouse guards. The real challenge will be in an experienced play through, or all the crazy custom stuff. Endless!? Yes please!

The alarm thing isn't bad, you have 5/6 turns per level, sometimes you can stall it, sometimes you increase it. Level one is harmless, level 2 is cameras, level 3 is +1 firewall defence, 4,5,6 are all guards and are thus nastier (I think 6 reveals an agent location too?) the thing is, your agents are better than the guys. Most missions end between the 4-5 level alarms, and even level 6 alarms are beatable if the map isn't too heavily skewed against you. It stops you from being complacent, and forces you to move, otherwise you could just wait it out. That said, I frequently spent turns waiting hacking out, and didn't feel the alarm was too much of a baddy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!