Currently Playing
  • Cosby wrote:
    Also, tried to play some more Pool Nation. What the fuck is with those obscene loading times? Thought it might be a first time boot up but when I went to play again and the loading bar screen popped up, I just quit out.

Admittedly I'm an impatient sort, and it was free, but I can't be the only one questioning that?

Stick with it, the devs are aware and a fix is imminent.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Tried going back to Destiny tonight. Big mistake. Just reminded me why I stopped playing in the first place.
  • The grind, the levelling system, the repetitive gameplay (which I didn't mind at one point). I did a couple of bounties last night, including a strike (in which I got screwed at the very last moment) and the gameplay just felt...dull. Might give it another try next week, see if it improves my outlook. If not, I'm gonna cut my losses and get rid, even despite having already paid for House of Wolves via the Expansion Pass.
  • I made most of my money back by selling the Expansion Pass on ebay!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just started Yaiba. It's a mess but I'm enjoying it. Feels like a £5 download so I feel okay paying £4.50 for it. My first press of the face buttons ended in a 344 hit combo.

It's no Ninja Gaiden and certainly no Bayonetta but I'm not regretting the time I've spent with it so far.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Chief wrote:
    Tried going back to Destiny tonight. Big mistake. Just reminded me why I stopped playing in the first place.
    Why's that then? Grind?
  • Gone back to God of War 3 - more enjoyable now I've got into it a little bit. Still kinda mash [] to win but imagine it'll be fun for the ~10 hours or so. Hit the 400/700 mark on Rayman Legends too; can't say enough nice things about it. Other than the hell that is the 8-bit challenges. Fuck that.
  • I bought Borderlands The Handsome Collection on Xbox One. The plan was to transfer my old save and play through all the Borderlands 2 DLC then crack into the Pre-Sequel. Turns out I can't transfer my save as you need to upload it into the cloud from the 360 game which I haven't owned for about a year.

I was a bit bummed out but then I started a new game and I'm loving it all over again.
  • loxdog wrote:
    Hit the 400/700 mark on Rayman Legends too; can't say enough nice things about it. Other than the hell that is the 8-bit challenges. Fuck that.

Best part of the game the 8-bit Challenges, my daughter asked me why i was smiling like a loon when i finally ace'd them.

Can-of-sprite
  • Scout wrote:
    I bought Borderlands The Handsome Collection on Xbox One. The plan was to transfer my old save and play through all the Borderlands 2 DLC then crack into the Pre-Sequel. Turns out I can't transfer my save as you need to upload it into the cloud from the 360 game which I haven't owned for about a year. I was a bit bummed out but then I started a new game and I'm loving it all over again.

I intend do the same!

FYI I fucking loved the pre-sequel. It's a riot. My only complaint is that the loot isn't great.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Scout wrote:
    I bought Borderlands The Handsome Collection on Xbox One. The plan was to transfer my old save and play through all the Borderlands 2 DLC then crack into the Pre-Sequel. Turns out I can't transfer my save as you need to upload it into the cloud from the 360 game which I haven't owned for about a year. I was a bit bummed out but then I started a new game and I'm loving it all over again.
    I intend do the same! FYI I fucking loved the pre-sequel. It's a riot. My only complaint is that the loot isn't great.
    I was amazed at how quickly I decided that playing through the entire campaign again was a perfectly reasonable idea. And that's coming from someone who very rarely plays through any game twice. There's just something super satisfying about it. And now that I'm playing through both campaigns and all the DLC I've got an absolute crap load of game to get through :)
  • Skade wrote:
    loxdog wrote:
    Hit the 400/700 mark on Rayman Legends too; can't say enough nice things about it. Other than the hell that is the 8-bit challenges. Fuck that.

Best part of the game the 8-bit Challenges, my daughter asked me why i was smiling like a loon when i finally ace'd them.

You mean they can be done?! I got up to the one with all the dragons and then the filter made it impossible so I ragequit. I have felt the same about the other levels though so maybe I will manage the last two eventually...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Door Kickers. It's not Raven Shield, it's not SWAT 2 or 4. But it's a progressively addictive bastard.
  • It simultaneously wants to make me punch a hole in my monitor and kiss my own brain
  • That would have been a great page turn.
  • I'm up for some DoorKickers but it's not out on the one platform I currently game on.
  • Just started Type 0. No idea what I'm doing and the american accents are annoying me but the music is pretty at least.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Walking Dead S2. This is so subpar compared to their debut. It's a dial-a-zombiethon plot with zero surprises and drama so transparent you can read the script over every character's shoulder.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Unskippable credits at the end of every episode with sad heart flesh hooks song fuuuuck awwwwwwf.
  • Finally got to the eponymous Chair in Nuclear throne. Game is nightmare hard, but when you get a good run, damn son. Still haven't beaten it though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Is it an Isaac-a-like?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Have you played FTL yet DS?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I will tonight for you though
  • Is it an Isaac-a-like?

It's a twin stick rogue like yeah, but in more of a twitch/bullet hell style. There are mutations but nowhere near as varied as Isaac, instead the characters all have unique abilities and there's a wife range if weapons. It loops getting harder too. Plenty of youtubers out there, worth waiting for a sale though I'd say.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll just yarr it in a bit and see if it clicks, got 3 hours of PC gaming tonight, looking for stuff to fill the time.
  • It can be a bit off putting because it's utterly nails, but it's got a lot of replayability.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Started playing Deadly Premonition. It's fucking hilarious.
  • It's great. I want a directors cut with no combat sections.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!