Currently Playing
  • Bwahaa. You know you've got a good rogue on your hands when you scrape by a difficult first mission, only to end up getting through the rest of them like some kind of incredible stealth bastard, looting thousands of credits worth of high tech equipment. Then, when the final mission hits, it's all for naught because you make one stupid mistake and end up swarmed with guards. I held out for a damn good length of time, and in hindsight I could have probably rewound my mistake, but that's not what it's about.

I'm considering recording some of these missions because they're just fucking brilliant.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Do it.

Surprised there's not more interest in this.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'd be highly interested but the strategy angle is putting me off.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm interested, but not at home to investigate further
  • Probably because it hasn't hit consoles yet, also I gather Early Access titles have a hard time coming out of access with any fanfare. It got a lot of good reviews and Chris Donlan gave it a review on Eurogamer, but it only got their regular recommendation, even though it reads like a gold star.

Anyway, I'll have a stab at recording the first mission or two tonight, and stick 'em up.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh wait, it's already on my wishlist, hence OLD NEWS. Didn't I nearly buy this a while ago??
  • Possibly, it's been in EA for a year or so. I believe it's changed a fair bit too.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Probably because it hasn't hit consoles yet.
    This, really. Vita version please.
  • I really want to play it, but just don't have time. I haven't even given Don't Starve a proper go, yet.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Probably because it hasn't hit consoles yet, also I gather Early Access titles have a hard time coming out of access with any fanfare. It got a lot of good reviews and Chris Donlan gave it a review on Eurogamer, but it only got their regular recommendation, even though it reads like a gold star.

Anyway, I'll have a stab at recording the first mission or two tonight, and stick 'em up.

That would be super sweet, had my eye on this for a while.
    Would love a proper look.
  • Right so, here we go

That's a run through of mission one (if the picture ever loads) on experienced. I waffle a lot of shit over it. I mumble a lot. At least I'm not Pewdiepie eh? Oh god, i'm so sorry for my weak as shit voice.

Also it's recourse, not reprisal (fuck sake)
  • Cheers Tempy about to watch.
  • I remember that now. Giant Bomb did an unfinished look at it last year.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • stealing my thunder m8, that took sweat and tears
  • Only skimmed this tred. Didn't realise that was you. I actually want to murder you now that I've heard your "real" voice.

I find it fucking HARD making gameplay vids. Either my gaming or talking turns to shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    A fine vid, Temps. Not my kinda thing but it looks solid enough.
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    Only skimmed this tred. Didn't realise that was you. I actually want to murder you now that I've heard your "real" voice. I find it fucking HARD making gameplay vids. Either my gaming or talking turns to shit.

Yes it is my "real" (?) voice. It's a nightmare putting them together. Took 3 attempts, so like 1hr 30mins to get it together.
  • I always imagined you less punchable and with more gravitas.
  • Sadly not. If it's any help, I want to punch my throat when I hear my voice too.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Your voice is delicious mate, don't knock it.
  • Everyone feels like that about their own voice. You're only used to hearing it from the inside so any recording is lacking bass and all nasal. I hear a lot of my own voice, because of my narcissism, so I'm just about past it.

The vid looks good by the way and your voice, you "real" voice, is fine.
  • Heh, ta. You coulda left the Giant Bomb vid, I wasn't being genuinely touchy over it. It's interesting to see how little/much it has changed.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I sound infinitely sexy in my head, I'm a gibbering mess half the time outside of it. We all balllers up in here.
  • I didn't think you were serious but I wouldn't have posted it if I'd realised that was your actual vid with your "real" voice. Anyone that wants to see the unfinished version can still find it. It's only one more click away.
  • I fucked up the second mission of that run in a hilarious crash and burn.
  • Are you any the wiser on where you studying soon temps. I recall Boston or Melbourne on cards?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I ended up getting an offer for Boston but nobody could help me with the cash I needed to prove I could survive in the US for a year (Visa demands you have prove you have something akin to £13-16k available in nominated accounts) so I ended up having to refuse the option. I was hoping I'd have choices, and maybe some family money, but a bunch of life stuff had cleared people's accounts and I was late to knowing this. Probably for the best considering I would  have been saving until late July, except now I have zero cash. Still, it took the wind out of my sails and I've been coasting along since I found out. Shoulda left Boston off. The dumb shit we do.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So Codename Steam is slowly warming on me. It is a bit of a rough landing, and what you quickly learn is the game has its own logic and rules. Granted, there are TV screens constantly reinforcing the key concepts "stay together" and "height is might", but they're easy to overlook. That being said, there were a few moments where I thought the game was just being unfair. However, now I've sort of settled into a rhythm, I'm not only clearing stages first time, I'm also getting all the cogs in every map. Getting them from the off btw makes you op as fuck. By the end of Issue 3 (the game has a bunch of maps per "issue") I had every cog and therefore was able to access the jet pack which is pretty much a game changer.
    The patch that speeds up enemy movement is essential. I'm playing on a new 3DS which makes it 3x speed - that seems JUST about tolerable. Can't imagine how insufferable it was before the patch, and not surprised that people marked it down due to that. Even the 2X speed offered by the old 3DS doesn't seem sufficient.

It's such an oddun, but it has just enough of that X-Com itch being scratched that I'm gonna see through. I'm on issue 7, which I think is about half way through, and that's in about 8 hours, so that'll give you an idea of length. Definitely a recommendation with major caveats.
  • Super Mario 3D land on the wiiu.
    its glorious and wonderful fun.
    Nice little change after all the greys and browns on the ps4
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I may well start that too. It's world though, not land, ain't it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!