Currently Playing
  • Libero Grande did it way back in the day. It was great. Worked really, really well splitscreen too.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'm playing Transformers Devastation. When Platinum do things by the numbers, they really do them by the numbers, don't they?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's not a great game for sure. Add my general apathy for transformbots into it and it definitely didn't land, there's clearly an A and Z team working over there
  • Being a fan of them, I'll probably make it through, but there's little chance I'll be replaying it again on normal once I'm done.

What playing this has made me realise, though, is how"standard Platinum fighter" the Neir Automata demo seemed. I'm not sure there's enough scope left in making things big and bombastic to keep me interested in their quality output of they don't come up with some new ideas soon.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Transformers is leagues better than Korra and their TMNT efforts. Also new Nier judging by that demo.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    misty phantom forest

Hey that's my favourite part of DS2. Vanilla, anyway.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Transformers is leagues better than Korra and their TMNT efforts. Also new Nier judging by that demo.

That TNMT game really missed a trick by not having local multiplayer. It could have easily gotten away with being middling if you could boot it up with a coupe of mates for a post-pub brawl.
  • AJ wrote:
    Being a fan of them, I'll probably make it through, but there's little chance I'll be replaying it again on normal once I'm done. What playing this has made me realise, though, is how"standard Platinum fighter" the Neir Automata demo seemed. I'm not sure there's enough scope left in making things big and bombastic to keep me interested in their quality output of they don't come up with some new ideas soon.

Presumably the Nier has the whole rpg, adventure thing going on to help.
    The Forum Herald™
  • You mean it's open world (esque) or something? Platinum's stories have always been pretty average, if amusingly tongue in cheek, so that's not going to fly.
  • It's a sequel to Nier isn't it?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, but I know nothing of the original.
  • AJ wrote:
    Yeah, but I know nothing of the original.

It's an rpg,

So I'm assuming the sequel is too.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    All I know is the sequel to it should have been called Far: Wherever You Are.
  • Bob wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Yeah, but I know nothing of the original.

It's an rpg,

So I'm assuming the sequel is too.

These days, RPG doesn't really mean a lot, though...
  • Well you say that but it should guarantee that's it's not off the shelf platinum thankfully
    The Forum Herald™
  • Cos outside of the fighting there's not much to them, this should have some adventuring meat on the bone.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Maybe, but something in me doubts it. Might have a look at the original, see if it suggests anything that isn't superficial fluff.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    misty phantom forest

Being gangbanged by phantoms in the mist twice my level is not my idea of fun.....
    Not sure how and if SotFS differs much from vanilla DS2 in that regard.

Need to level up more carefully and power up my build.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just get ADP to 20 or so and learn roll timing and you'll be invincible.
  • AJ wrote:
    Maybe, but something in me doubts it. Might have a look at the original, see if it suggests anything that isn't superficial fluff.

The original wasn't by platinum and was truly bonkers
    The Forum Herald™
  • ADP is about 10, I invested all my souls into Strength and Dext.
    Which explains why I keep getting cursed :(

I r n00b.
  • Re: Platinum doing new stuff, Scalebound looks to be a slight departure from the Bayo/Revengeance/Transformers/TMNT etc template... but the E3 demo looked gash.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    misty phantom forest
    Being gangbanged by phantoms in the mist twice my level is not my idea of fun..... Not sure how and if SotFS differs much from vanilla DS2 in that regard. Need to level up more carefully and power up my build.

They're fairly evenly spread out in vanilla as long as you don't smack the trees which makes them groan and attracts more. Slowly moving through the fog and keeping your eyes peeled for any movement was tite as fuk.
  • I must be doing something very wrong; I find Transformers: Devastation much more engaging than that Nier: Automata demo, which felt akin to driving a Kia people carrier with a spongy accelerator.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    misty phantom forest
    Being gangbanged by phantoms in the mist twice my level is not my idea of fun..... Not sure how and if SotFS differs much from vanilla DS2 in that regard. Need to level up more carefully and power up my build.
    They're fairly evenly spread out in vanilla as long as you don't smack the trees which makes them groan and attracts more. Slowly moving through the fog and keeping your eyes peeled for any movement was tite as fuk.

Ah gotcha. Will not smack trees anymore.
    I did get out of the mist and reached the cursed forest by now. Cursed vases everywhere.....

The game is beautiful at times tho', a real looker.
  • Andy wrote:
    I must be doing something very wrong; I find Transformers: Devastation much more engaging than that Nier: Automata demo, which felt akin to driving a Kia people carrier with a spongy accelerator.

If it is an rpg then there's got to be wiggle room for experience and xp to make a difference.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So you can be mainly shooty or mainly punchy? Woo.
  • AJ wrote:
    So you can be mainly shooty or mainly punchy? Woo.

I'm not sure why your being pedantic bout this seeing as you clearly know nothing about Nier or the sequel. Feel free to carry on being snide though.
    The Forum Herald™
  • This sentence is pedantry, that post wasn't.

I'm feeling like shit today, so I'm probably being ruder than necessary. The issue I'm taking is that you're suggesting it's something more because it's an RPG when most games released today, including previous Platinum ones, conform to the "swathe of numbers, unlockable abilities" format you seem to be suggesting that means.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!