Currently Playing
  • That glitch is obviously another layer to the metanarrative all throughout MGS5.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Persona 4 Golden
    Still playing on my commute. Only half an hour a working day, sometimes don't even manage that, so it's slow going. But it's very well suited to short burst handheld gaming. So good.
    Am about 6 hours into this one, and it's so good. Have just been running back and forth through a dungeon, just to gain experience and collect cards. I'm a sucker for collecting stuff, so didn't mind if at all. The music is great, and the atmosphere is quite special, it feels pretty laid back in a good way, walk around, socialize, study, create weapons, get some good gear, go to the velvet room and try to understand what's going on, so much to choose from and I can't even do any sports or hobby classes yet.

Only thing that's a bit unclear right now, if anyone knows, it's it better to let a persona learn all it's skills before fusing then? Haven't tried that, did register all of them so far and gave my skill cards to Marie, as I can get them back later on anyway.

• Nina wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Persona 4 Golden
    Still playing on my commute. Only half an hour a working day, sometimes don't even manage that, so it's slow going. But it's very well suited to short burst handheld gaming. So good.
    Am about 6 hours into this one, and it's so good. Have just been running back and forth through a dungeon, just to gain experience and collect cards. I'm a sucker for collecting stuff, so didn't mind if at all. The music is great, and the atmosphere is quite special, it feels pretty laid back in a good way, walk around, socialize, study, create weapons, get some good gear, go to the velvet room and try to understand what's going on, so much to choose from and I can't even do any sports or hobby classes yet.

Only thing that's a bit unclear right now, if anyone knows, it's it better to let a persona learn all it's skills before fusing then? Haven't tried that, did register all of them so far and gave my skill cards to Marie, as I can get them back later on anyway.

Yeah, it's a great game which gets even better.

As far as levelling and fusion go - I wouldn't worry about making sure they get all their skills before fusing them. You can save them into the codex and redraw them later if you wanna keep levelling them up. So if there's a good persona with a skill or resistance you need right now, don't hesitate to fuse - unless you see a really great skill coming up.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks, so you can know the skills of the new persona in advance? Didn't see that. Will take another look at it tomorrow. I'm in the castle shadow world, so still very early on. Was hoping I could gather enough cash to get Chie some new shoes, but I think she has to wait for them.
  • Nina wrote:
    Thanks, so you can know the skills of the new persona in advance? Didn't see that. Will take another look at it tomorrow. I'm in the castle shadow world, so still very early on. Was hoping I could gather enough cash to get Chie some new shoes, but I think she has to wait for them.

On the right, next to the skills you've already learned, should be the next skill you will learn and the level it will activate.

Just a heads up - there's a difficulty spike on the way, which causes a lot of people trouble, it seems. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I also don't want you to waste hours of your time, so if you'd like some non-spoilery advice, just lemme know.
  • If you can give me some advice on an easy way to get to the right level to beat the
    Spoiler:

That would be great. Seems way above my current level. It stopped me playing ages ago unfortunately. I didn't even get a chance for Chie to be my gf!!! Should have played on easy mode
  • If you can give me some advice on an easy way to get to the right level to beat the
    Spoiler:

That would be great. Seems way above my current level. It stopped me playing ages ago unfortunately. I didn't even get a chance for Chie to be my gf!!! Should have played on easy mode

Have you done the optional bosses in the previous dungeons yet? They're usually a good way to get items and level boosts without having to grind.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    On the right, next to the skills you've already learned, should be the next skill you will learn and the level it will activate.

Just a heads up - there's a difficulty spike on the way, which causes a lot of people trouble, it seems. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I also don't want you to waste hours of your time, so if you'd like some non-spoilery advice, just lemme know.
    Ah, I've seen that, the skill on the right. Thought you could know the skill set of a new persona before fusing. I looked into the fuse menus but couldn't really tell if there was a way to find out how useful the new one will be.

For the non spoiler tips, yeah sure. I don't mind grinding at all, so that's no problem, but a couple of tips wouldn't hurt.
    I'm currently at:
    Spoiler:

• Nina wrote:

Ah, I've seen that, the skill on the right. Thought you could know the skill set of a new persona before fusing. I looked into the fuse menus but couldn't really tell if there was a way to find out how useful the new one will be.

For the non spoiler tips, yeah sure. I don't mind grinding at all, so that's no problem, but a couple of tips wouldn't hurt.
    I'm currently at:
    Spoiler:

On golden you can chose what skills carry over into a fusion.

Going to the library counts as an afternoon action so it will end the day
    Spoiler:

As for the final room:
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks, I'll have a couple of hours after I've brought Bas to work (being in America with just one car feels stupid, but hey, they're expensive) so I'll see if I can put some more hours into this and figure all that stuff out. Think in the original P4 thread there's a link to an ign guide, will check if that's still there.

Can't stop thinking about this, it really is good.
  • One of the best OSTs ever.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bastion

Not really digging it. Started it a few times in the past and always struggled to get on with it. Will persevere.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This odd but likable fusion of Breakout, Pang and 2D shmups

Still at Gigawing on Dreamcast and some Dragon's Fury on Megadrive
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Scout wrote:
    Bastion Not really digging it. Started it a few times in the past and always struggled to get on with it. Will persevere.
    I'm kind of feeling it a little, certainly better on vita than iPad.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    In hindsight Bastion i found so visually rich in places it was difficult to look at.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FtL. Again. I put hours into it on the iPad and am now starting from scratch on my laptop. It's a fantastic little game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Are you running mods? I played the infinite run one for ages, trying out different tactics with the freedom it allows. Boarding was too tricky for me even then, so many crew lost by blowing up the ship or letting it warp away.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not yet. At the moment I'm just unlocking ships, planning to mod once I've had my fill of that.
  • Started Battlefield 1 campaign last night, but I only had one hour free so didn't progress very far. All I can say at the moment is that it's very pretty.
    Spoiler:

Have you done the optional bosses in the previous dungeons yet? They're usually a good way to get items and level boosts without having to grind.

I think I've only done one so I probably should go back. Not sure how many free days I have though. Too many dates to go on!
  • Or you will keep or you ok to lend out etc? I am hoping to be done with Dishonored 2 before Zelda drops and will put it up for borrow if you fancy it. 

To the Swap Club!
  • Danny Shabby! That was at Skondo.
    Spoiler:

I think I've only done one so I probably should go back. Not sure how many free days I have though. Too many dates to go on!

A super useful piece of advice but slightly mechanically spoilery:
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's also the coolest one
  • regmcfly wrote:
    It's also the coolest one

You know it. Yip!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Danny Shabby! That was at Skondo.

Quite happy to lend it to you when I'm finished. Already have Dishonored 2 on the shelf.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hi Elf!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I just can't resist the eat captives button when playing Warhammer.

Spoiler:
    A super useful piece of advice but slightly mechanically spoilery:
    Spoiler:

I think I have him there but probably not levelled up. I'll look into it, thanks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!