Currently Playing
  • Been playing Not a Hero today (one of the PS+ games this month) and it's damn good fun.

The rhythm of sliding, executing, shooting and reloading is great once the controls click, and the voiceovers are genuinely pretty funny. The Welsh character is an early favourite.

I think there's quite a few here who'd like it.
  • JonB wrote:
    Been playing Not a Hero today (one of the PS+ games this month) and it's damn good fun.

The rhythm of sliding, executing, shooting and reloading is great once the controls click, and the voiceovers are genuinely pretty funny. The Welsh character is an early favourite.

I think there's quite a few here who'd like it.

Yeah, went to try it myself and saw you were on there - was wondering what you thought. I quite like it, but I think the humour tries a bit too hard. I think it'd be funnier if it didn't try to embellish the jokes.
  • The Bunnylord stuff in between missions isn't particularly funny. I skipped most of it TBH. I just like the little comments from the characters in the missions.

Either way, the gameplay is pretty slick.

Got to the 3rd set of levels in the end and it gets tough there. Going to take a bit of effort to finish it.
  • Sounds like something I will enjoy. Will give it a go during a quiet bored moment.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm playing Shadow Complex. Seems pretty decent.
  • *checks Calendar*

christ
  • JonB wrote:
    The Bunnylord stuff in between missions isn't particularly funny. I skipped most of it TBH. I just like the little comments from the characters in the missions. Either way, the gameplay is pretty slick.
    For example, if anyone wants a rough idea, here's an early level I just redid (took a good number of attempts to get it just right):

• JonB wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    The Bunnylord stuff in between missions isn't particularly funny. I skipped most of it TBH. I just like the little comments from the characters in the missions. Either way, the gameplay is pretty slick.
    For example, if anyone wants a rough idea, here's an early level I just redid (took a good number of attempts to get it just right):

Looks like perfect Vita fodder?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yeah, it would've been great, but isn't available.

I'm not too bothered about the lack of proper new games for Vita, but it's a real shame the indie stuff has dried up too.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Finally got sucked into Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Now, it's the gift that keeps on giving. The gameplay, the mechanics, the sheer physicality of all your actions and the connection to the world is just remarkable. So many possibilities, so much instant feedback and pure enjoyment.

So, yeah, better late than never I'd say.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Yes. It really is miles ahead of anything else in that respect. It all hangs together so well despite there being so many options at your disposal.
  • Enjoy it while it lasts.
  • I just played Mad Max on PS4 for 4hrs 50mins.  I think that might be the longest I've sat for a gaming session since the 90's (unless Trials got there once or twice - 3hrs was usually the point where my game fell apart and I needed a break).  I'm not even sure if I like it that much, it's infuriatingly difficult at times, takes ages to load and requires constant side questing to keep Max + car up to speed.  Plus I keep accidentally firing the shotgun with the circle button and blowing things/NPCs/myself up.  It must be doing something right though, I've clocked up 17hrs in two weeks.  I think I might be warming to open world games.

Please let it have a Thunderdome.
  • Silke wrote:
    Finally got sucked into Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Now, it's the gift that keeps on giving. The gameplay, the mechanics, the sheer physicality of all your actions and the connection to the world is just remarkable. So many possibilities, so much instant feedback and pure enjoyment.

So, yeah, better late than never I'd say.

+1 as mentioned in thread, back to it myself. It's amazing. Some of the boss bits and story missions have issues and such, but once you get into the swing of things it's so free and bad ass.

Every game should allow the place markers options it has too. So useful and well implemented.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • After dipping my toes in at Tempys place I finally got around to buying Thumper

Hot diggity doge it's good. I just absolutely adore confidently made games like this. Makes me think of things like Fez or The Witness. You know your playing something that is the creators vision made true.

Really shouldn't play it before bed though. Just finished level 4. When it clicks and you get a combo going and you're flying (through corners no less) and slamming and sliding and bending and all with the sound to max so your neighbours will complain. Ooh yeah.

Can't imagine playing in VR though. Surely would melt your brain.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah man. I can't believe the trance zone that thumper gives me
  • I've played the demo in VR and whilst it was brilliant I couldn't help but think the demo was enough...
  • Yr rong

Easily one of the best games of last year.
  • Haha, I'm glad people like it so, but I will admit the second time I tried the demo I thought it was irritating I couldn't exit it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No man, that game puts you into a trance. It was amazing watching tempy do shit I couldn't imagine but then working myself up to that way.
  • It looks like a game to be proud of being good at.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tales from the Borderlands

Not bad so far on almost completing Ep 1. This'll be my last Telltale game most likely unless they get an injection of risk. Or decide to do an interesting franchise like Bank's Culture. I've a feeling the best joke has already happened (the out the window gag).

Total WarHam

Tweaking my options lowered the loading times enough for me to get into this. Currently evicting the rightful Dwarven homeowners from their own hill palaces and shitting in the bathtubs. Need to ask the boys to confederate and start recruiting Big'Uns and Wolf Riders.
  • Currently playing Recover from the flu been a whole week slog. R1 is take a paracetamol which can only be used once every 6 hours. R2 is blow your nose, use that button alot. L1 is lie down L2 is sleep. Triangle is cough, Circle is throw up. X is get a glass of water. Square is run and take a dump.

Started playing on Saturday, killed the flu monster boss (in first form) on Wednesday. Like Dark Souls the second form is tougher, and I haven't beaten it yet. Deffo a game I don't wanna play again anytime soon. Screw the speed run version. Wife experienced it in 3d with me. Lol.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    6180 The Moon seems like a neat little indie physicsy platformer.  Enjoying it a few worlds in.  Vibes of VVVVVVV.
    Spoiler:
  • NSMBU is so much more enjoyable than SM3DW. Can't believe I did just a couple of worlds/lands and left it. Poor form for me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    No man, that game puts you into a trance. It was amazing watching tempy do shit I couldn't imagine but then working myself up to that way.

Yeah it's great like that. Especially for showing people who haven't seen it before, it's just so in your face.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    6180 The Moon seems like a neat little indie physicsy platformer.  Enjoying it a few worlds in.  Vibes of VVVVVVV.
    Spoiler:
    Did I miss some DLC?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Currently playing Recover from the flu been a whole week slog. R1 is take a paracetamol which can only be used once every 6 hours. R2 is blow your nose, use that button alot. L1 is lie down L2 is sleep. Triangle is cough, Circle is throw up. X is get a glass of water. Square is run and take a dump.

Started playing on Saturday, killed the flu monster boss (in first form) on Wednesday. Like Dark Souls the second form is tougher, and I haven't beaten it yet. Deffo a game I don't wanna play again anytime soon. Screw the speed run version. Wife experienced it in 3d with me. Lol.

Dlc confirmed?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm playing Shadow Complex. Seems pretty decent.

First time? It's a gorgeous game and really great if you never played metroid growing up.

The speed runs of this are also worth watching when you have completed the game.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Relaxing with FF VII. It's still so familiar but it's been long enough to have forgotten the details. Bliss.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!