Currently Playing
  • The manual aiming added a lot to it for me.  It's a quirky hook that I found addictive, especially with scopes and ricochets.  XCOM has the success percentage thing (infuriating at times), Mario Rabbids has an excellent Hit, 50/50, Miss thing going on, but the side on action and skill based success worked for me in Heist.  I tend to gravitate toward the less intense grid tactics games.  Ghost Recon on 3DS is one of my faves, and that's reasonably simplistic.  Shining Force II nails it, as you mentioned in your write up.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    First full play through of Civ VI.

A game on the long list of things I'd like to play, but I know I shouldn't because I'll be really bad at it and stop. Sits along side all real-time RTSs and anything with Sim in the title. Ah, Sim City 2000, where my brother's city was full of shiny arcologies, and mine was a crime-ridden, rat-infested, shit hole.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The manual aiming added a lot to it for me.  It's a quirky hook that I found addictive, especially with scopes and ricochets.  XCOM has the success percentage thing (infuriating at times), Mario Rabbids has an excellent Hit, 50/50, Miss thing going on, but the side on action and skill based success worked for me in Heist.  I tend to gravitate toward the less intense grid tactics games.  Ghost Recon on 3DS is one of my faves, and that's reasonably simplistic.  Shining Force II nails it, as you mentioned in your write up.
    I find in practice that the manual aim thing pretty much works as an exact replacement for XCom's percentages. Taking time helps a little, but in the end it's either an easy close range shot or you're relying on a bit of luck from distance.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hatoful Boyfriend

I mean WTAF?
  • Undertale's over, thankfully, so I've been trawling the Vita download list for something else.  I always thought I'd get round to playing Need for Speed Most Wanted eventually, but I'm not too keen on it after 30 mins or so.  I didn't realise it was an open world racer, I thought it was a Burnout thing (never played a NfS).  Bounced off that and moved on to Pix the Cat.  It's pretty good - quite clearly Pac Man meets Snake, but a well executed hybrid, I'm impressed.
  • Was an XBLIG game, I believe. I remember playtesting it. Was good.

Edit: nope, I’m thinking of something else. Which was a platformer. Never mind.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • After a while you can quit the open world driving, Moot, and just use the direction pad thingmy to switch between events. It gets much more Burnouty at that point.
  • You might have it on PS+, I'm pretty sure that's where I got it.  It reminds me of Mr. Driller with the 'I'm gonna get deeper this time' thing.  

• Andy wrote:
    After a while you can quit the open world driving, Moot, and just use the direction pad thingmy to switch between events. It gets much more Burnouty at that point.

I'm not deleting it yet, will have another go after Pix.  Had enough room for NfS, Pix, Resogun (still never played it properly) and Castlestorm.
  • I can only get a few levels in. Always get to the same one and give up for a few months.

Edit: Pix
  • Ori and the blind forest- definitive ed.
    Slow start but is starting to click now. Great little metroidvania platformer.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Huge fan of that game.  Stripping everything else away it's got Meat Boy levels of perfection to just flinging Ori around the screen.
  • Aye, Ori's excellent.
    It's also interesting how it handles metroidvania totally different from for example Hollow Knight.
    Both great games worthy of anyone's time.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Bit of a loose end recently with not much to play and not really being able to focus on anything too taxing or action oriented. Steamworld Heist did the trick for a bit, but was short-lived. Just want something I can relax and get absorbed in for a few weeks.

So yes, it was clearly time to dust off the Vita and play Persona 4 Golden all over again. Had a nice fresh NG+ save just waiting, and it's good to be back.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    *whispers*

Divinity: Original Sin
  • *whispers* Divinity: Original Sin

I should probably play that.
  • I'm a few levels in on Doom. Took a while to warm to it but I'm on board now. I'm still a little worried it'll wear thin, but the up close melee thing is fun.
  • Finally got a PS4 thats working so making my way through COD:WW2 single player - its not been too bad so far.
  • *whispers* Divinity: Original Sin
    I'll get back to that soon enough. It's all a bit too much to take in at the moment. Need something more linear for a while.
  • Forgotten about warframe. Given up on some other stuff.

Dark souls 3 is great and main meat.

Just started Mr shifty. Amazing. And quick and dip in and out.

Will be trying seasons after fall later too.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I’ve got *quite* a lot on at the moment —

- Mario Odyssey -
    Saw the credits before Xmas so working through the kingdoms to try and get all the moons I can - this might be the best game I’ve ever played mechanically - every movement just feels so right.

- NieR:Automata -
    A few hours into [A] - I quite like it so far - amazing soundtrack and the story seems like it’ll get interesting.

- The Mummy: Demastered -
    I’ve only played about 45 minutes of this but it seems like a solid Metroid-vania with nice visuals and a good soundtrack - I’ll get more into this once I’ve dropped off of Mario and NieR.

Honourable mentions for Skyrim (Switch) and I need to get back to Yakuza 0. Phew.
  • What's the shooting like in The Mummy?  I like the look of it but it's poorly priced on Switch, I even ignored it in a sale recently.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the shooting like in The Mummy?  I like the look of it but it's poorly priced on Switch, I even ignored it in a sale recently.

Seems fine to me - the game seems quite difficult but that might be more to do with me getting old. What do you mean by poorly priced?

• It's pushing £20 on Switch.  Retro leaning movie tie-in, I thought it was a straight Metal Slug clone until you described it as Metroidvania.  I was expecting it to be within the boundaries of 'impulse buy' territories when I scrolled through the screenshots - £9.99 maybe?  Pricing is often discussed on here but I can't help automatically putting certain things in certain acceptable price categories.
  • I forgot I bought Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 & 2 on 3DS last month, started the first one today.  Three stages in, it has the potential to be very good indeed, will definitely stick with this one.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's pushing £20 on Switch.  Retro leaning movie tie-in, I thought it was a straight Metal Slug clone until you described it as Metroidvania.  I was expecting it to be within the boundaries of 'impulse buy' territories when I scrolled through the screenshots - £9.99 maybe?  Pricing is often discussed on here but I can't help automatically putting certain things in certain acceptable price categories.

I know what you mean - it certainly seems like it could have some heft and the graphics / soundtrack are superb, I picked it up in the sale - will try and post more thoughts as I get more time in it!

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Charging through Papers, Please. Is it better to be cold, sick or hungry?
  • I'm currently juggling Azure Striker Mighty Gunvolt on the go, and DOOM on the sofa.  Both superb, had a great session with DOOM last night.  It's the first FPS I've enjoyed since Juarez: Gunslinger, massively satisfying fluidity to the shooting.
  • Cuphead, Ori and the Blind Forest, Project Cars 2, Yakuza 0, Forza 7 and GT all on the go. Pugsy and Lost Vikings 2 to get on with this week as well!

When you only get one night to game there just is not the time :(
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!