Currently Playing
  • Fifa 19 - Ultimate Team "Champions" Mode

Yes I know it's a dirty word here but bear with me.

So this is the thing that replaced the much criticised Weekend League. You qualify for it by playing the ranked online mode "Division Rivals" and earn enough qualifying points. I've had them saved for a while and was waiting for the right weekend. It is now.

So you get 30 games to play between Friday and midnight on Sunday and the main objective is to accrue wins. More wins mean more prizes, including enough qualifying points to enter again another weekend.

I've never done this before. And to be honest this is the first fifa I've ever played ranked online with. Was always too shit/scared to attempt it other than games against mates from the friends list.

It's a given that all the teams you'll come up against will be OP as fuck but as we all know with fifa or Fortnite or anything that's down with the kids and has microtransactions, looks can be deceiving. Doesn't mean they're OP with ability on the pitch.

And so it was. After a very rocky start and a decent finish last night, today I had a much better run, playing eight games and winning six of them. My current total is 12 wins from 23 matches. I need two from the remaining seven to secure a second "player pick" from next week's Team Of The Week selections.

Eurogamer's resident fifa guy gave me some sage advice on twitter and it has helped! I get the worst rage when playing this game so I'm just staying calm, playing my game and enjoying my weekend.

Like and subscribe, lads.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    He-sus, good work. Although my greenhouse is more efficient than yours. That’s the only thing though, the rest is a cobbled together mess.

I take it you’ve got iridium sprinklers in there, then. I was keeping my refined iridium bars for tool upgrades, but I’ve now got a steady source of iridium ores, so I’m getting there.
  • Cosby wrote:
    Flipping Death on Switch. I've played less than an hour but struggling for any motivation to go back to it. Got off to a bad start when the narrator proceeded to recount the story of what I'd done in the game just a few seconds before and found very little of anything after that to improve my impression. It's painfully slow at times and I found even some of the early puzzles to be somewhat obscure or ambiguous, though there's a chance that's down to me. Apart from the art style and rich level design, there's not much positive so far and even the latter could be part of the problem. One more concerted effort I think otherwise it'll be in the 'just given up on' thread soon.

I quite enjoye this.  Weak start though and it’s very similar to stick it to the man.
  • Andy wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:
    He-sus, good work. Although my greenhouse is more efficient than yours. That’s the only thing though, the rest is a cobbled together mess.

I take it you’ve got iridium sprinklers in there, then. I was keeping my refined iridium bars for tool upgrades, but I’ve now got a steady source of iridium ores, so I’m getting there.

Yeah. Went straight for sprinklers as thought the tool upgrades weren’t worth the effort.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nice Stardew Valley post @Andy, made me realize it's a good thing I haven't bought it (yet?). It looks great but I just won't have time for it. 

Specially, since next to my mix of Horizon, Fire Emblem, Isaac, MHGU and Splatoon Splatfests I'm now also playing Mark of the Ninja and Mr. Shifty. Both because they in some way relate to a game B and I are trying to make for a jam (which ends next weekend and only now we've got a grip on how we should lay levels out in a way that makes sense). 

Wasn't planning on adding Mark of the Ninja, but since B said I should play the first level and then started up the last level of his save (not on purpose), I realized I should probably play it now I've seen the credits anyway. Am two levels in, it's definitely fun.
  • Played Gorogoa for maybe an hour. I really like it. Just the surreality of it and the way everything changes and fits together. Some of the puzzles are quite smart as well, even with only a handful of elements in play.

I get the feeling it'll be short-lived though. It's probably not an idea that can be stretched out forever anyway, but it would be kind of nice if it got quite complex before coming to an end.
  • Game is short anyway.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 13 hra into Yakuza 0, just keeps getting better.  The real estate system is so simple and ridiculously addictive.  The way it integrates with the rest of the game is genius.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yakuza0 on w10.
    Whoa, what a port. What a game.
    I thought my ageing notebook would have trouble running it but no problems at all. Intro sets the narrative tone quite nicely. I like...

Also, thank God no English dub. They've learned since Shenmue.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yes lads. Fucking yes.

What a game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    They've learned since Shenmue.

We all know where the sailors hang out, yes.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yeah, love the Japanese dialogue 
    I hate walking / talking games but the script is awesome from the gangster turf wars to the bizarre side quests.
    Give me this over any of the GTA games any day of the week.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FM19, started playing it about six weeks ago. Going well.

85aed00ee61450cd1727f4d9a7b140c3.png
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    GTA games are fun to mess around in for 30 minutes, getting your wanted rating up, causing explosions, nicking cars and shit, but playing the actual story is where the human soul goes to die.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I have enjoyed every major 3d gta.

Hammer, leave until the next.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I enjoyed all GTAs other than 4.
    5 was a fucking riot.
  • TBoGT was the pinnacle,
    The Forum Herald™
  • I enjoyed GTAV at the time, but trying to play the story again recently I just found it to be pretty dreadful tbh. I think mainly I just don't care about or like the characters.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    GTA games are fun to mess around in for 30 minutes, getting your wanted rating up, causing explosions, nicking cars and shit, but playing the actual story is where the human soul goes to die.
    Agree, it’s a fun sandbox but once your have done all the crazy stuff the story just plods along.

• https://youtu.be/3IFK1R00yJg

Immortal Unchained.

100% Sci Fi Souls rip off.

(Structured like Demons, complete with a Nexus.)

Flawed, and I may well just quit in frustration at some point, but if they're active with patching and feedback, then it could be great.

The ill vibe is excellent.

Movement is ok, and I'm reserving judgement as it may well be part of the levelling and character choice that some things feel sluggish.

Lock on is a little too flakey and grenade throwing fucking SUCKS.

Could go either way. 

The question will be what happens when I hit the Capra equiv. WIll the hooks be in enough to deal with the frustration, or will it have sufficient shitness in design for me to go FML and on to the next one.
  • Urgh, Yakuza w10 suffers from an annoying bug which crashes the game randomly after cutscenes. Waiting till this gets resolved, not fun when 30min of progress get lost in a snap.
    Game performance is decent though.
  • Yeah have found that - which graphic card are you using?

• Notebook. Nvidia gt555m.
    But apparently even gtx1080 suffers from the same problem. Might be the denuvo anti piracy thing it ships with?
  • So after life exploded I decided to get into some proper comfort blanket gaming and play around with Total Warhammer 2 again.

I deleted all of my saves apart from the original Lizardman one which I'd love to go back to, and started with the new free Legendary Lord for the Dark Elves, the Dread Corsair himself, Lokhir Felheart. 

I wasted about 10 hours over a few campaigns trying to make the most of his awful starting position where you're besieged on all sides by Skaven, Dwarves, High Elves, Tomb Kings, Lizardmen... and internal riots as Lokhir's iron handed rule prevents any great peace from emerging. I am not good enough at the game to get a foothold, so abandoned him, even though his Corsairs are a great bunch of lads and I could probably do better if I tweaked my strategy a bit.

I decided to go for an easier start by picking the high elf prince Tyrion, and doing my best to unite Ulthuan. Fuck, what a totally different game. It puts you right smack bang on the southern quarter of a ringed island filled with the duplicitous High Elf nobles, including Queen Allarielle, and expects you to Unite or Conquer them by spending a custom resources to curry favour. It's really hard work, a lot like playing The Empire in TW1, as every faction is linked to the others in a web of lies and slander. Confederating and absorbing the other factions into yours is the best tactic, but it starts to cripple you economically as the Elves make most of their cash through trade, so by turn 90 there are only 3 Elf factions left that I haven't confederated, and one of them absolutely hates my guts because I am power hungry. 

I have transformed Tyrion into a mad god-king, an unstoppable beast in combat who wields the ancient blade Sunfang, and can hold up entire armies on his own. He has spent years crushing the Undead Pirate forces that have besieged Ulthuan under his silver boots, and has an elite army of Lothern Sea guard who basically kill any approaching army before they even reach the front lines, such is their marksmanship.

The Undead Pirates are new too, and  one of those features that really makes TW2 excel. If you don't buy the DLC races, it doesn't matter, because they're put int he game as AI enemies for you to fight. The most recent is the vampire Coast expansion which introduce an army of Pirates of the Caribbean style enemies into he game, undead raiders dredged up from the seas by immortal Vampire Pirates. Their units are so varied, from old cannons and mortars flanked by bomb throwing deckhands, to snipers carried by giant bats and great Promethean hulks that shove their crablike bulk through spear-walls with impunity. Adding them in has added a lot of flavour to a game already bursting with it.

Next steps are to forge Westward, and take on the tropical jungles of Lustria, and hopefully depose the bloated Slaan mages that prop up the crumbling Lizardman empire, and eventually cut off the head of the treacherous Druchii snake, and my bastard uncle, Malekith.

As Tyrion is fond of saying, I am Aenerion reborn, and I guess with that comes being an absolute shithead and a monster in combat. It's a good time.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Good read there Templeton, keep them coming. And post some fucking pics!
  • hunk wrote:
    Notebook. Nvidia gt555m. But apparently even gtx1080 suffers from the same problem. Might be the denuvo anti piracy thing it ships with?
    There is a fix for Nvidia I believe, I have an integrated gpu and there is no way round it bar skipping the scene or pushing it forward on another pc and synching the save on steam

• Facewon wrote:
    https://youtu.be/3IFK1R00yJg

Immortal Unchained.

100% Sci Fi Souls rip off.

(Structured like Demons, complete with a Nexus.)

Flawed, and I may well just quit in frustration at some point, but if they're active with patching and feedback, then it could be great.

The ill vibe is excellent.

Movement is ok, and I'm reserving judgement as it may well be part of the levelling and character choice that some things feel sluggish.

Lock on is a little too flakey and grenade throwing fucking SUCKS.

Could go either way. 

The question will be what happens when I hit the Capra equiv. WIll the hooks be in enough to deal with the frustration, or will it have sufficient shitness in design for me to go FML and on to the next one.

Chances of this ending up in the just given up on thread are about 99.9%, but damn, it's a niche that needs filling.

It just lacks a little of the tightness in design and learn from dyingness of ds.

But the first foray into a new area searching for the next obelisk (bonfire) with a bunch of bits (souls) is sphincter tighteningly good.
  • First area down, bosses not as hardcore as DS, and very much stealing from it's move set.

Apparently there's a bit of redoing them,so I assume they get harder on second and third goes.

They fucking nail the opening up shortcuts thing in the first level. It's brilliant.

Second area is a lot less impressive. Smells like it's going in early as the nasty cheap swampy level....
  • hunk wrote:
    Notebook. Nvidia gt555m. But apparently even gtx1080 suffers from the same problem. Might be the denuvo anti piracy thing it ships with?
    There is a fix for Nvidia I believe, I have an integrated gpu and there is no way round it bar skipping the scene or pushing it forward on another pc and synching the save on steam

It still crashes in the cuurent release. Not sure if a fix is being tested in the current beta.
    Let's hope this gets patched. Yakuza on the pc deserves more than this.
  • And so that's yer immortal unchained Uninstalled.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!