Currently Playing
  • This is all rather interesting because the one main thing about the game I noticed immediately, is that everything in the game is able to reset to neutral, which sets it apart from most "stealth" games. It followed in my head that breaking the broom wasn't about destroying it, but in the most common way brooms and mops break - the head coming loose. Because that's something that can be fixed easily, like everything else in the game. It's was a pretty consistent philosophy - at least for those first two areas. I haven't tried the others yet. If you could actually snap the broom, it would stand out as incongruous in my mind, cos it's sort of against the whole idea, which is that the goose is horrible, but not in a nasty way - you can't kill the kid for example, and not for want of trying. You can utterly destroy his mind, but that's about as far as you can go. Nothing every really breaks, it just goes out of the AI's standard loop in some way.

The mop/broom thing might also come from the fact that every weekend I mop and brush both my places of work, and the most common issue is the heads falling off the fucking things. You guys need to get back in touch with common labour again, you've all gone big soft.
  • I worked out how to Trigger the broom puzzle immediately.
  • I’m stuck on Untitled Goose Game, because it’s a broken mess. I’ve done the last thing you need to do in the two gardens, ‘make someone cut the prize rose’, or however it’s worded. It’s supposed to trigger an argument between the two humans, but he always misses it. When he finds the head, he just reattaches it. I’ve had the thing chopped off five or six times now, but it won’t unlock the next area.

I had suspected the game wouldn’t live up to the first reveal. I’ve avoided videos since then, aware that it would have limited scope. It’s a solid 10-15 minute experience. After that, not so much.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I worked out how to Trigger the broom puzzle immediately.

zing
  • Andy, I don't recall the neighbours arguing about that part. Does the task not get crossed off as soon as the mistake is made?
  • The task is crossed off, but I’ve read that it’s the neighbours arguing that triggers the unlocking of the next area. I’ve got everything crossed off the list in all first three areas, but the next area hasn’t opened up.
  • You access the next area via a hole in the woman's fence/hedge at the back left of her garden. If that's still blocked you might be in trouble. I didn't see why the gap appeared in my playhrough, just eventually found it.
  • She picks up a board blocking the hole and makes it into a no geese sign. After the rose incident.

The rose bit was actually one of my highlights. Just because I watched her do it then of course picked up the rose and immediately ran over to show it to him, totally snitching on her.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Cosby wrote:
    Still enjoying Goose Game. Got one task left on the second area - to break the broom. I thought I'd come up with the perfect solution and was feeling quite smug about it. Then it didn't work and wiped the grin off my face. Slightly disappointing as I felt it was a valid solution but got to be some limits I guess. Other than that I probably enjoyed tormenting the speccy kid a bit too much.
    Did you try to
    Spoiler:
    because I did, and it didn't work. I didn't manage to cross that one off in the end either.

Not far off
    Spoiler:

I'm clearly thinking too far outside the box.
  • Too far outside the box 
    OR

weak, soft person who hasn't worked an honest day's labour for aeons
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    This is all rather interesting because the one main thing about the game I noticed immediately, is that everything in the game is able to reset to neutral, which sets it apart from most "stealth" games. It followed in my head that breaking the broom wasn't about destroying it, but in the most common way brooms and mops break - the head coming loose. Because that's something that can be fixed easily, like everything else in the game. It's was a pretty consistent philosophy - at least for those first two areas. I haven't tried the others yet. If you could actually snap the broom, it would stand out as incongruous in my mind, cos it's sort of against the whole idea, which is that the goose is horrible, but not in a nasty way - you can't kill the kid for example, and not for want of trying. You can utterly destroy his mind, but that's about as far as you can go. Nothing every really breaks, it just goes out of the AI's standard loop in some way. The mop/broom thing might also come from the fact that every weekend I mop and brush both my places of work, and the most common issue is the heads falling off the fucking things. You guys need to get back in touch with common labour again, you've all gone big soft.

This makes a whole lot of sense, great point. The game, not the labour thing. I sweep floors, patios, legs - you name it!
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I clearly labour over my posts too long at least.
  • Yeah, Cosby, stop approaching this with any sort of sandbox notions of emergent gameplay.
  • Every game has its own logic and approach to ideas. The fact that everything in UGG resets to zero is very important to the way it works. It's why it's funny, and not mean.
  • Trying Monster Hunter World. Hmm. The world is beautiful. The handler + 'story' is doing my head in. Combat seems clunky.
  • You couldn’t be more wrong about the combat. It’s purposeful. Huge inspiration for Souls.
  • Sounds about right. Souls combat initially felt clunky.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah i was thinking that's probably the case, i just haven't got used to it yet.

Also tried Dead Cells, that was bloody brilliant.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    At this point it's just a countdown (7 days left) to next week's Disco Elysium.

So I've been playing Sekiro (PC) again, because gamewise it's the polar opposite. And just about perfect. The balance and control of it all is still mindblowing. God it feels sooo good to play.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • It is the best - my favourite experience this year as finishing the game without a HUD, just pure bliss.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Yeah, I've been tinkering with my steam profile and hovering over that potential "Favourite Game" showcase I've recently just had one game in mind. 

Beacuse like you say, it is the best.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Sekiro is amazeballs. Only people who don’t like it are Dark Souls Dex Bros who never learnt to parry and actual pedophiles.
  • loool i am getting it for bday, not a dexbro, hope i like it.

edit: changed dexfag to dexbro, because, you know.

edit edit: i can parry! thanks
  • Pro tip: don’t try to dodge. Parry. If you can, you’ll be fine.
  • And stay away from walls or even slightly confined spaces.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nate's found a glitched chest in Lego Worlds, infinite stuff, it's party time.
  • Nate's found a glitched chest in Lego Worlds, infinite stuff, it's party time.

Unfortunately you only get 20 or so items at a time, but an Egyptian planet plus megazooka = plenty of chests.

It's good they're still releasing showcase madels, but I'm not holding out for a fix on the gold dragon which is really messing with my OCD as it seems to be impossible to damage and capture them.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I gave up on Bloodborne about a year ago after only about 10 hours. Even though I beat all the PS3 souls games, I couldn't hack this one. Something made me reinstall it this weekend and last night I finally managed to chop up the Blood Starved Beast without cheesing it. Got gud indeed.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Be(a)st game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tried the Ori demo on Switch Seems like a solid Metroidvania, and I'll probably get round to it eventually when it hits a sale.

Not really sure what to go for now though. Next week there's Obra Dinn, Outer Wilds and Felix the Reaper, all of which I like the look of.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!