Currently Playing
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If people can shit on Okami and get away with it I'm unleashing my bowels on Morrowind.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm playing Cosmo D's latest game about infiltrating a pizza place to steal a saxophone and it's excellent. Feed me all of it you trippy musician turned game dev creature.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Deep Rock Galactic just came out of early access as well and that's a real solid work to put in the genre of 4 player co-op shooters Left 4 Dead birthed before popping to the shops and never being seen again.
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It's lovely. I remember blind forest not grabbing me but loving this
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Lonely Mountains is a great Spotify app game. It's nice to carve out a route to the sounds of nature, but whatever you fancy could do a job too. Celeste is top ten this gen.

Lonely Mountain is a top ten this gen.  Nails everything perfectly and I’m surprised it didn’t get more traction here.
  • Tekken 7

I just realised the game's plot is a giant soap opera about a familial oedipus complex spiced up with demon ancestry.
    It's absolute non-sensical over the top anime and it's all the better for it.
    Akuma is evil tho. His cheapness is SNK boss worthy.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just started playing Rime on Xbox. It’s not bad at all. Had no idea what to expect, but it feels like what a lot of us have been asking for when it comes to the Tomb Raiders and Uncharteds. More climbing, puzzles and traversing the map without having to shoot everything in your way. Enjoying it so far, though it’s not exactly what I’d call challenging. And the frame rate inexplicably tanks for no apparent reason.
  • Rime's lovely.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Also, Rez (pc)
    What a game. Still as classy as I remember.
    Unlocking everything is harder than I remember.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Lonely Mountain is a top ten this gen.
    Very, the way the bikes handle is where it's at imo
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Close enough for me too, it's a cracker.  Would probably make my top ten inide list. 

Been bouncing around a few things at the moment, Hyper Light Drifter and Huntdown stuck, both got devoured pretty quickly, but I bounced off Valkyria Chronicles and I'm struggling slightly with South Park and the Stick of Truth.  3hrs into that one, it's good but I don't feel the urge to play it for long so I'm averaging half hour sessions.  The fight system is okay, still haven't worked out what standard attacks have to offer over power attacks though.  I've got Gravity Rider Zero on the go for short bursts too, and I've also dabbled with Hyperdot, which I will play properly at some point but not yet gif.  I played the first world of Toki Tori yesterday too, which I prefer to its sequel at this stage, and I'm about to fire up Dust Force on Vita as I've got a couple of hours to kill at work before I can actually do any work.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Just started playing Rime on Xbox. It’s not bad at all. Had no idea what to expect, but it feels like what a lot of us have been asking for when it comes to the Tomb Raiders and Uncharteds. More climbing, puzzles and traversing the map without having to shoot everything in your way. Enjoying it so far, though it’s not exactly what I’d call challenging. And the frame rate inexplicably tanks for no apparent reason.

Rime is lovely but it’s more ico crosses with journey than uncharted/ raider
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Disagree mate. It looks and feels like an Ico but it plays like a tomb raider / Zelda dungeon, without the killing obvs.
  • We can do small visits at the moment so actually played some local co-op today.

Have mentioned this before, but nine parchments is a bit of a diamond in the rough. Really really pretty. Action/wizard Iso view thing. Up to 4 player co-op. 2 player is crazy enough.

Its USP is that all the different damage and shield types, including health regen work on both allies and enemies. Purple enemies shoot death, and take damage from green health spells. Same element means enemies are completely immune.

Any beam spells can be combined by shooting across each other.

There's numerous deaths, things can go wrong very very quickly, but you can also hammer things quickly if you get things right.

Brilliant stuff.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Disagree mate. It looks and feels like an Ico but it plays like a tomb raider / Zelda dungeon, without the killing obvs.

Fair play but I think if you went in expecting tomb raider with out combat you'd be disappointed. Anyway lovely game, I really enjoyed it. Are you playing on switch?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dustforce then.  @Tempy

I gave it a good 90 mins, but I just can't do it.  With the caveat of 'on the Vita' at any rate.  It doesn't feel right.  For starters the stick is notoriously poor anyway, and pretty much can't be used for this (my unit is ancient though, and I bought it second hand).  D-pad is my preference with these types  so that's fine, but there's still something off about the controls.  While it doesn't noticeably tank it's full of sections that seem to be on the cusp of chugging.  Enough for me to constantly wonder how much the performance issues affected my lack of success anyway. Repeatedly finding myself without a double jump because it had registered two taps of the X button as I lifted off proved too much in the end.  I managed one gold key stage, which I probably should have saved for later as I bit off more than I could chew really.  You can see the finesse in the video here, but it just never felt natural on Vita, which is a shame as there's clearly some legit platforming going on.  This is the stage that took me half an hour:

Very, very tricky, to the point where I felt like I fluked it to an extent anyway, and games like this just can't be played with anything to blame for failure but yourself imo.  I've done some digging and various Reddit types have declared the Vita version close to unplayable (alongside the standard 'it's absolutely fine stop moaning' style posts), so I'm glad it's not just me.  I could persevere, but if I was tearing my hair out after eight stages and a tutorial I expect I'd be in for a world of hurt later on.  

Swing and a miss for now then as I currently have no PS4, but yeah, this could be a bit special with the right pad and the right hardware.  Insert obvious perfect for Switch comment, but it is and I'd definitely pay for and play an issue-free handheld version.
  • Edit: re: Rime

Yeah, the puzzles and platforming are very light. It's one of those silent story games as much as anything, but none the worse for it.
  • I suppose I'm not really playing anything right now. I was switching between FFVIIR, Streets of Rage 4 and Jet Lancers last week, and even played a bit of PES 2017, but I feel like I'm done with all those now.

I should probably purchase something.
  • I'm actually playing some games again recently, currently on the go I've got Celeste, Cuphead, SoR4, SK:King Knight and RDR2. Should make some progress in the latter tbh but I reckon it's Celeste's time.
  • I have various levels of love for all those games but Celeste is probably the pick of a fine bunch.  Not too long either, depends if you're a plough ahead type or a hundo hunter though.
  • These days I'm just a see the credits guy unless it really lands with me.

I've also got a Rive and a Yakuza on the pile of I feel no shame.
  • Drop everything for Rive obvs.
  • Bloody love Rime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Fair play but I think if you went in expecting tomb raider with out combat you'd be disappointed. Anyway lovely game, I really enjoyed it. Are you playing on switch?

Xbox One X it does look lovely and top marks for the music... its very good. Actually had one of those brain fart moments on a puzzle this morning, where I thought the puzzle was more complicated than it was and actually Googled and as I was reading the answer knew it. Bloody idiot.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I MIGHT BE ABLE TO PLAY LIVE IF MY NEW PC EVER TURNS UP!  I got in on Steam a while back, but didn't have enough shinies available to play it yet.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Huntdown beckons.
    Is there much scope for replayability? You said it was quite short, and I might hold off if it's going to be over and done in a few hours.
  • Rive I liked but far too difficult for me. Got my £2 worth I guess.
    The Forum Herald™
  • JonB wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Huntdown beckons.
    Is there much scope for replayability? You said it was quite short, and I might hold off if it's going to be over and done in a few hours.

There's a checklist of three optional objectives per stage but the main draw is the first playthrough. So no, basically, not solo anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!