Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I enjoyed it once past the initial section.
    Spoiler:

See, I made an effort to get to zero gravity, I didn't want to throw in the towel before then, but it was still a trudge. Bouncing around in zero g should be fun, right? Not a slow bore.
  • Standing too close to something to get a prompt to use it is a problem all the way through.  Did you reach the room where you have to sneak past patrolling bots?  Instant death if you're spotted (unless you stand still having accepted your fate of course, when enemies switch to 'almost killing you' mode - why do games still do this?).  37 seconds of loading before you're allowed another crack too, just to rub it in.  I'm too deep now so I've got to go back to it tonight and I hate myself for it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nope. Thankfully.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I enjoyed it once past the initial section.
    Spoiler:

See, I made an effort to get to zero gravity, I didn't want to throw in the towel before then, but it was still a trudge. Bouncing around in zero g should be fun, right? Not a slow bore.

I think the first part of the game may have dragged my expectations of what a game is to an all time low.
  • I thought I wanted the zero g bits but as soon at I reached them I was begging for the third puppet in concrete shoes (on ice) controls back.
  • One more moan - I've never known a game to be so off with its default look sensitivity controls.  I don't really bother with all that, I'm a defaults man as a rule (trust your devs), but I had to slide them way up once the timed missions started.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's a shame because I liked the launch sequence and the puzzle once you reach the station, but everything else let it down. Was it made for VR?
  • Not sure if it was VR.
    It is very much built on Unreal Engine defaults though. By that I mean if you open up Unreal Engine and start with the Third Person template it will feel very familiar.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It has RTX tho lads so I may be in
  • Cities is the main go at the moment. Working out how to do custom parks etc in game is my new jam.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Lonely Mountains Downhill and it is fabulous.
  • I've started playing Those Who Remain, which is a first-person indie spooky horror thing. You have to stay in the light else you get killed by these shadowy figures that just sort of hang around waiting for you to fuck up. Other than that it's basic puzzle stuff so far - find the light switch, find a key to find a fuse to turn on a light switch. That sort of thing. There may also be some halliucination type stuff to add mystery or something.

Anyway, it's basically pretty shit.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Lonely Mountains Downhill and it is fabulous.

I'll keep on banging this drum. It should have been GOTY last year everywhere.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Lonely Mountains Downhill and it is fabulous.

I'll keep on banging this drum. It should have been GOTY last year everywhere.

My only complaints at the moment are the glacial pace of unlocks and the sometimes inconsistent collapse of the bike. Minor quibbles though.

• The slow pace is to encourage you to hunt out short cuts and new routes i think?  I get where you're coming from as games like this often deliver a track a minute but it seems like a conscious dev choice to me.
  • It's more the bike unlocks tbh, I have no problem with mountains/routes unlocking as they are, but I don't have any other bike yet, just the default one. Default is fine, but I'm keen to try others.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The Last of Us (Remastered)

Nothing like a pandemic + martial-law-in-America game to provide a bit of escapism...
  • Ha.
    On a similar note I've been playing Modern Warfare 2 remaster.

Fuck that first Favella level.
  • I loved Lonely Mountains but I only ever tried the default bike iirc. Would've been nice to mess about on something else a bit more easily, even if it was just 'tank bike you won't use', or 'Michael Owen glass bike'.
  • Been going hard on Minecraft for a while now and I've come to the conclusion that it's a game I'll just never tire of. Then there's been some Divinity Original Sin 2 for those CRPG feels, and actual pen and paper D&D (over Discord) for the first time in 20-odd years and I'm bloody well loving playing as a Moon Druid and transforming into a dire wolf and going all bitey bitey oh my god!
  • CDPR are a bunch of boob obsessed boys aren't they. I enjoy the storytelling and mission design in Witcher 3 but these ladies really need to learn how to button up their shirts.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It was the old lady with the frying pan that pushed you over the edge wasn’t it?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    CDPR are a bunch of boob obsessed boys aren't they. I enjoy the storytelling and mission design in Witcher 3 but these ladies really need to learn how to button up their shirts.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    12 hours deep in Xenoblade.

Man what a bunch of jokers.
  • Cities keeps on giving. Prop and Tree anarchy mod has added ability to place trees and props like roads/fences and also to do perfect circles.

Custom park, made in game, not editor.
    IpiYgRV.jpg

No roundabout will be plain ever again.
    x1tLwjS.jpg

BkdVmlj.jpg

Doing custom parks between a school and a court to make it look all one thing.

JZpKXEZ.jpg

Full city day time.
    U4YwCfv.jpg
     Night time:
    8MBOFrb.jpg

Custom park/plaza around metro in front of stadium. Pre discovering the circle option.

XNIOYgw.jpg

Post circle:

a2c0QoG.jpg
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The Stretchers on Switch.  Spotted it on a hidden gems list recently and cunningly suggested it (repeatedly) to my daughter after my sister-in-law promised her a game.  We're really enjoying it so far, if anything I'd say it's better than Moving Out, or most similar-ish co-op experiences.

Wouldn't dream of playing full price for this sort of thing ordinarily, but there is £18's worth of value in there imo.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's actually published by Nintendo that one. Seems to just be very low key.
  • I can't see why they haven't pushed it a bit more. It's pretty high quality all round for something lost in the depths of the EShop.
  • Half Like Alyx - redefining the 10/10 baseline
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Battle Princess Madelyn.  Ehhh, not sure about this.  It's a Ghouls 'N Ghosts clone that looks the part, but the arcade mode I'm playing is a bolt-on addition to the standard (and poor, apparently) Metroid-lite approach of the main campaign (feature creep fucked it on first release, so the arcade mode is closer to the original plan anyway).  I'm up for 6-10 stages of it in theory, it plays well and the patterns/big boss were fine and dandy for the first level, but there's no save system so I'd either have to finish it in one sitting or not play any other Switch games until it's done.  £3.37 wasted as it stands, might have another look at it when I stop sulking.  Cursed Castilla EX had a similar thing going on iirc and I made it through that.

image0-1.gif

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!