Currently Playing
  • looks fucking nails
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I expect it'd get there quickly.  Which is why I'd like to save my progress between stages rather than having to grind it all out on one go.  It seems to have infinte continues for the start of a level, but if you quit to menu you'll start at stage one again.
  • Valfaris. Liking this, it has my full attention. I'm not keen on the way it looks (it's got a sort of ultimate form third party 32X game thing going on), or at least I haven't got used to it yet, but the running and gunning is strong af. None of yer Mertroidvaniaing either, just straight levels served up in a row.
  • Had my eye on that. Look forward to your verdict.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'll try to get through it before the discount disappears (14th).
  • It's a cracker. Assuming it doesn't implode in the latter stages it really is a quality run & gun game. I even like the fact that it looks awful now I've slapped a CRT filter on it. Some really good systems in play, it's not far off the best of its type.
  • Sweet. I’ll check it out. Not played a run n gun in ages.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Bit of online Overcooked 2 with IRL buddies.

Was fine until 2-2, where we fell apart.  Top lols.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Bit of online Overcooked 2 with IRL buddies.

Was fine until 2-2, where we fell apart.  Top lols.

Wait, Overcooked 2 allows online MP?
  • Wait, Muzzy has IRL buddies?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot has seen through my bluff. But yes, I'm reliably informed it works like a charm. And is on gamepass. But the windows version that comes with Wibdows gamepass is borked and (no joke) there are no private lobbies... Assume bone version is fine though??
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Full Throttle Remastered

Honestly, it's no Grim Fandango or Monkey Island.
  • 9 months after last playing, yesterday I booted up AC: Odyssey to try and unravel it again. I'd put 25hrs in, level 26, so it was more a case of remembering than anything. I think I got bored, or a new Yakuza came out that distracted me or something. Anyway..

Took a couple of hours relearning stuff and what abilities I had but I was back in the swing of things soon enough. Enjoying it.

Doing a Odyssey Quest, turns out the mission takes place in a Fort where an area leader is, so the place is filled with enemies. So I take my time, picking them off from the shadows. Spend about a half hour chipping away at it. The game then crashes.

Fuck it, fuck it all, turn it off, I'm done. Sigh. In a huff with it. I'll be back on it later.
  • Doh. I duck out of forts all the time to quicksave. lol. (Also, back button for nighttime for easy mode.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dragon's Dogma on the Switch, as it was £16.61 on the eshop. Still super addictive and fun to play, even though this is like the third time I've played through it on the third different system. Pop in is pretty bad on the Switch, though, which is a shame.
  • 9 months after last playing, yesterday I booted up AC: Odyssey to try and unravel it again. I'd put 25hrs in, level 26, so it was more a case of remembering than anything. I think I got bored, or a new Yakuza came out that distracted me or something. Anyway..

Took a couple of hours relearning stuff and what abilities I had but I was back in the swing of things soon enough. Enjoying it.

Doing a Odyssey Quest, turns out the mission takes place in a Fort where an area leader is, so the place is filled with enemies. So I take my time, picking them off from the shadows. Spend about a half hour chipping away at it. The game then crashes.

Fuck it, fuck it all, turn it off, I'm done. Sigh. In a huff with it. I'll be back on it later.

That game has crashed numerous times for me. Once whilst trying to port my ship, once trying to view an old photo. Many other times. When I'm clearing out a fort, if I'm halfway through I tend to leave the immediate area, into a yellow zone (usually just scaling the nearest fort wall, jumping out, then climbing back) quicksave, and then get stuck in again. Might be an idea for the future?
  • YES I SEE THE ERROR OF MY WAYS, PUG, FACE, THANKS.

:p
  • Lol.
  • A long list of things because lockdown and time off.

Cities is still so best. Brubeck beach has turned into an experiment in using everything the game and mods have to offer to make a beautiful city. Infinite game.

AC Odessey. Just ahead of gav, with no break. Easy to play, easy to dip in and out, very friendly with save and quick travel options. Delightful stuff.

MO: Astray. Easy to dip in and out of. Short sharp sections, give it a break if it's annoying. Strong vibes, purdy pixels and good puzzling. 

Slay The Spire. Any time I have a spare 15 minutes and just want to listen to tunes, or don't want to do the whole controllers and TV thing, this is a go to. New Char is amazing fun.

Hades. Forced breaks any time epic launcher decides to shit itself, but this game is amazing. Still in EA, but very very advanced. 

Nine Parchments. Co-op.  Last boss is a MOTHERFUCKER. But the game is amazing fun.

Backburner for various reasons, but should finish: MGS5. Supraland (stuck).

Plus trying various stuff from itchio.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've been playing Hades as well and I'm glad at how much Bastion it is, very enjoyable.
  • Arise: A Simple Story. Beautiful game in every aspect other than the deadweight character control. I really like it but in many ways it deserves to be loved.

Untold Stories. Devolver published and currently £2 on Switch. 4th wall breaking text adventure meets Statik so far. Quite enjoying it.

Also been watching my daughter play Tearaway on Vita, which is surely the ultimate in youngling videogame platforming wonderment. She's lapping up all those lovely little hardware specific gimmicks.
  • Oh, and Cat Quest 2 in co-op, which is surprisingly well done/fun.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Doh. I duck out of forts all the time to quicksave. lol. (Also, back button for nighttime for easy mode.)

Ah sorry I didn't see this :D
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I seem to be playing a lot of Blood Bowl 2. A game that dares you to cope with failure or die from hypertension.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Youropa - which is making my head hurt, and introducing nausea, but I think in a good way?  Looks cool and plays interestingly.

Mark of the Ninja - never properly played this before, but well better late than never.

Both on PC, with a bit of COD WWII started on Bone yesterday too.
  • And no fucking cities.
  • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on Switch. I think that's what it's called...

Joyful. Soundtrack is brilliant. Just the right side of irritating. Perfect for a platformer like this. This game also doesn't fuck about. It's a tricksy little bitch but in a good way. I'm not sure what it is but it's something so many games lack these days.

A surefire delight.

• Bollockoff wrote:
    I seem to be playing a lot of Blood Bowl 2. A game that dares you to cope with failure or die from hypertension.
    The absolute best, that game.

• Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on Switch. I think that's what it's called... Joyful. Soundtrack is brilliant. Just the right side of irritating. Perfect for a platformer like this. This game also doesn't fuck about. It's a tricksy little bitch but in a good way. I'm not sure what it is but it's something so many games lack these days. A surefire delight.

Strong agree, loved it.  Quality Saturday morning cartoon vibe to the intro sequence too.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!