Currently Playing
  • Forza Horizon 2

Fired it up after ‘finishing’ Forza Mororsport 6. It’s amazing how long I’ve played the game and how little I’ve done on the campaign! Multiplayer FTW. I haven’t even seen the finale race! Think I’ll stick with this for a bit then move to FH3 to clean up that too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm on a Raiziel tip run this bank holiday weekend apparently, as I've eventually decided to play Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Just got to the first proper town and I'm loving it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Forza Horizon 2

Fired it up after ‘finishing’ Forza Mororsport 6. It’s amazing how long I’ve played the game and how little I’ve done on the campaign! Multiplayer FTW. I haven’t even seen the finale race! Think I’ll stick with this for a bit then move to FH3 to clean up that too.

Saw 3 in CEX today for £10 and nearly got it fh4 campaign is a bit meh
    The Forum Herald™
  • Saw 3 for £10 is a total rip off, should be in the 50p section.
  • 3 for £10 is a good offer depending on what the offer is on. I remember loving 3 DVDs for £10 in HMV back in the days.
  • Thought I'd have a try at Yoku's Island Express. What a charming game and concept.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really enjoyed it. A few folks on here didn’t think it was all that, but I was taken by it’s bright cheery style.
  • I got a bit tired of it after a couple of hours but it is a nice little game.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I played it last month, have it a definite thumbs up.
  • Devil May Cry 2, easily one of the worst games I’ve ever played. Decided to go through them all again, and if it wasn’t around 6 hours long I’d bypass it as it’s truly, truly awful. Maybe the worst sequel ever?
  • Journey to the Savage Planet and it feels like this was made for me. I don’t even actually mind the humour too, which is a new one on me. Astoundingly beautiful too in 4K ultra everything 60fps. Love it so far.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Devil May Cry 2, easily one of the worst games I’ve ever played. Decided to go through them all again, and if it wasn’t around 6 hours long I’d bypass it as it’s truly, truly awful. Maybe the worst sequel ever?

The odd numbered ones are the best.

Q. For you vere, which do you prefer as a series? DMC or Bayonetta?

• The original holds up well in many ways, but this, it’s just awful in every way.
  • Currently playing NFS Heat in the evenings. I really do like it. Went more in depth about why i like it on the actual NFS thread. But if anyone wants to borrow it (for ps4) let me know and will send out when i finish it.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    The original holds up well in many ways, but this, it’s just awful in every way.

This is what happens when the lead director of a groundbreaking game isn't asked to do the sequel. Kamiya was a trailblazer with DMC, and Capcom were full of hurbis.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    The original holds up well in many ways, but this, it’s just awful in every way.

This is what happens when the lead director of a groundbreaking game isn't asked to do the sequel. Kamiya was a trailblazer with DMC, and Capcom were full of hurbis.

Didn’t they just stick Dante in another game being developed that was pretty much finished? Feels that way right from the start. Just doesn’t feel like a DMC game in any way whatsoever.
  • Don't think so. The originally DMC was initially penned a Resident Evil game, which is why it has fixed camera angles and so on. Kamiya is a genius, hence the game being an all-timer. They never really revealed who led development of DMC2, but someone got brought in towards the end to try and save it, but it was already fucked up beyond salvaging.
  • Yeah, but that massive fuckup gave us DMC3, which was just so good.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Currently playing NFS Heat in the evenings. I really do like it. Went more in depth about why i like it on the actual NFS thread. But if anyone wants to borrow it (for ps4) let me know and will send out when i finish it.

Oh I'd have a punt on that please mate?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Devil May Cry 2, easily one of the worst games I’ve ever played. Decided to go through them all again, and if it wasn’t around 6 hours long I’d bypass it as it’s truly, truly awful. Maybe the worst sequel ever?

You lasted way longer than I did. What a pile of shit.
  • Yeah, but that massive fuckup gave us DMC3, which was just so good.

Quoted for truth. Original will always have special place in gaming history, but 3 was the most fun for me.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

You lasted way longer than I did. What a pile of shit.

It’s so, so bad. But now I’ve started I have to finish. Spent a good 20 minutes just shooting at a helicopter earlier. Can’t use swords on it, it’s literally just stood there shooting at it from the exact same spot in 3 or 4 location changes. Just awful.
  • Bob wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Currently playing NFS Heat in the evenings. I really do like it. Went more in depth about why i like it on the actual NFS thread. But if anyone wants to borrow it (for ps4) let me know and will send out when i finish it.

Oh I'd have a punt on that please mate?

Yeh no probs bob
  • Journey to the Savage Planet and it feels like this was made for me. I don’t even actually mind the humour too, which is a new one on me. Astoundingly beautiful too in 4K ultra everything 60fps. Love it so far.

It'll make my GotY list I'd imagine, bottom half but I liked it. I meant to ask Tempy if he's played it after the open world or Metroid style discussion in the [Ghosts of Tsushima?] thread the other day.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Journey to the Savage Planet and it feels like this was made for me. I don’t even actually mind the humour too, which is a new one on me. Astoundingly beautiful too in 4K ultra everything 60fps. Love it so far.
    It'll make my GotY list I'd imagine, bottom half but I liked it. I meant to ask Tempy if he's played it after the open world or Metroid style discussion in the [Ghosts of Tsushima?] thread the other day.

It’s brilliant but i knew it would be from the first few vids i saw.  Really wish the devs hadn’t gone off to Google.
  • But then I’m still annoyed there’s Half Life: Alyx rather than Valley of the Gods or just Firewatch 2.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, but that massive fuckup gave us DMC3, which was just so good.

DMC3 man. What a game. *Stares into the distance*
  • Deliver Us the Moon.  I want to like it but it's a hideous and I can't wait for it to be over.  Furthermore I wish I'd never started it.  In a post-Finch world I really struggle with the front-and-centre jank of some of these slow build narrative unfolding types.  Gone Home, Firewatch, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (on my own here I know), the aforementioned Edith Finch,  Blackwood Crossing, The Last Days of June - I really enjoy these games if they get it right, and I still think it's the genre with the most wiggle room for improvement, but in terms of what they ask you to do with the joypad some of them are pretty woeful experiences.  Why do many of them have to play like 'bad games of the early noughties' while they tell their stories?  I'm not asking for parkour movement or grappling hooks, but if the game gives you a prompt to climb ladders or push buttons I'd like that to work when required, and if it gives you a jump button it'd be nice not to be able to point and laugh at it.  I play my share of stinkers here and there, it's true, but I can't handle 3D stinkiness, especially in anything treacle paced.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Totally agree. I almost gave up very early on when the prompt to grab the mobile steps disappeared because I was standing too close to the steps, always a bad sign. I persevered and just thought it was way too trudgey, and as I couldn't be arsed to listen to the audio logs anyway I found that I didn't really have a reason to continue.
  • I enjoyed it once past the initial section.
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!