Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Have they not replaced the drugs with ice pops or something yet?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pill popping for health/stamina boosts. Preposterous I know.
  • Oh, I missed Skray's comment.

That's weird.  The stuff you take for pain is acetaminophen or ibuprofen; as in stuff you'd take in real life.  Stamina's handled by snacks, energy drinks, coffee, and one mention of something called "trucker pills" where it says they might be addictive.

If that's enough to get it banned Skerret, you need to move to a less bizarre country.
  • i've found some methadone, and some other dodgy ones.
  • None of it's glorified though.  Even the trucker pills say something like "not ideal, could be addictive, but might provide the stamina boost I need to survive."
  • I have just 2 zed hunt missions to do, and I'll have nothing left.... my material requirement has somehow stagnated at 2 per day after yesterday's spike to 19, but I'm sticking with my outpost setup. I just need to find out how they all work; I've got a requirement for 2 food rations per day, and one outpost plus a greenhouse, but I never remember to watch the value to see if it's enough to cover our use!  Do outposts deliver every day?
  • Until the resource runs out. It doesn't tell you when it runs out though.
    The game is very rough around the edges but its still a good game.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Does it change from a materials icon to a castle one on the outpost when it's run out?
  • Phew.  SO TENSE.  I went to do the
    Spoiler:
    .. and had some spare time, so went up to the broken bridge to 
    Spoiler:
    .. and it was nails.  Had to turn back after the 4th horde.  Marcus is level 7 everything and boy can he fight, but when that stamina bar hits the bottom it's a horrible feeling....
  • I have avoided her mission so far. The premise is ridiculous, the world has gone to hell and she wants you to go and get some jewellery. We are starving here for christs sake. 

As for the Castle icon, no I don't think the outposts turn into those when they run dry, the castle icon gives some other benefit, I can't remember what.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I didn't do Herr mission either. Seriously, people keep trying to eat my face and you want me to find a watch? Piss off.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Have they not replaced the drugs with ice pops or something yet?
    Ice pops can be used to groom children for sex slavery or something so it would be banned again.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Think I'm getting near the end, although some storylines have gone a bit cold, namely the Wilkersons.

Moved into Snyder Trucking yesterday after rescuing 2 more survivors.  Looks epic for defence, and the chance to open a few more outposts means I've got the opportunity to balance survival and maintenance.

The only thing that irks me is the outpost resources, still.  When I start the game I get all the journal updates; when it says someone's done a scavenging run, does that imply that's the outpost resources being collected?  Because that effectively means until I get no more materials, I can't be sure which if any of my 3 materials outposts are out... and the process is exacerbated by not being able to tell which one you're taking apart when you close one down.
  • Gnnnnnnng

Attempted what I thought was the last mission and made the mistake of not taking Marcus.  He subsequently died during it, and I was so shocked, I did too (as Maya).  Now left with virtually no-one left who can fight...!!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ouch, that is not fun. I think I would stopped playing if I had lost one of those two out of shear heart break, but to loose both! I'm sorry for your loss.
  • I just can't imagine finishing the game with sodding Ed.
  • I CAN'T GO BACK MAN.

I'll never manage that final mission with Ed... maybe starting again now is the easiest thing to do!
  • OMFG, I am going to go play it again.
    You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back. Followers can also accompany you on most non-storyline missions.
    [font=Proxima, sans-serif] [/font]
  • shit that's a good idea. kinda wondered why you couldn't take people with you after the intro part where you run around with 2 dudes...
  • Yeah, I spent big chunks of the game taking someone's advice from here, and not returning home after the missions where you help out a friend so I could have an assistant.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    So the PC version is "out" today

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241540/

In Early Access form. You also need a 360 controller to play.

£14.99
  • I really must go back to this, I'm quite annoyed I didn't get it finished.  But there's a big update on the way, which removes the story and just lets you fight through the world to survive, and then move on to "another valley" in your RV, which is the same valley but with stuff in different places, and do it all again.

Out 29 Nov....
  • *bump*

DLC review - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-17-state-of-decay-breakdown-review

Sounding not so hot TBH. Really enjoyed my time with the game but don't have much inclination to go back to it due to all the glitchs, bugs and general knackeredness of the engine.

Next-gen co-op or MMO version could still be very cool though, as long as they spend the time/money to make the engine far more solid.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, it was a good beta on current gen, like they were testing out a few things. I'd like to see the finished game do some justice to the ideas using next gen CLOUD P-P-P-POWER.
  • I just had my first person die on this. I'm genuinely quite gutted. Got ripped apart by the feral zombie.

I think I agree that the 'super' zombies are shit, and shouldn't be there. The big bastards, a few of them maybe, as they could just have been huge guys before turning. And the SWAT ones, absolutely. The rest can fuck off though.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, ferals are shit. Can't remember what the others were (that you haven't mentioned) but I know I didn't like them and they didn't make the game any more enjoyable. Next gen should hopefully correct a few things. I would like to see some variation in the zombies abilities, like you get with real people, some fast, some slow, some athletic and strong, some weak and fat, unable to get over a fence etc. The only supers I wouldn't mind would be swat/army and maybe some half zombies, the "I am legend" zombies that could maybe direct the more simple zombies and have them cooperate so you would need to take them out first.
  • There are the exploding ones, which were utter shite, and don't make any sense to me. And the screaming ones.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Screaming I can get away with, but I'm not sure why you would limit that to only one type of zed as if you're spotted the noise made by the one coming for you is bound to attract others. The army and SWAT ones are great, perfectly logical rise in difficulty when dispatching those. The rest can fuck off.

Weaker zeds should be in too, one armed, no legs, a zombie that's been run over and is stuck under a car, that sort of thing. You think the street is clear only for that poor bastard to crawl out from under the car as you walk past. You'd need to do away with the radar for that to work mind, but I don't think that would be a bad thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!