Xbox One
  • Webbins wrote:
    Didn't pay mind to the seller. They prioritised the cheapest price as the main price so just hit that. Updated the basket total to two and bosh, two codes emailed through. There was a slight payment charge which pushed it up to £8.82.
    Did they work ? And which seller did you use
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • X trial code didn't work, new accounts only, so if you've used the 14 day trial, you're screwed. Bit of a jip.

As I said I didn't check the seller on Kinguin, just went with their recommended cheapest price. Codes have worked though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Do the 30 day codes work if you haven't got a debit card on there?  Apparently you need a payment method on file to active the 14 day freebie.  If I'm reading it right you're stuck with two 30 day codes you can't use, Webbins?  I'd buy them off you if it meant I could activate them without giving MS card details.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So if I want a month or three of gwg & game pass, to go balls deep in tea leaves, what's my cheapest route then? Anyone able to eloquently summarise?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Yes. It's rather good.

Oh fuck.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Get on it Grem and I'll restart on Bono
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Get on it Grem and I'll restart on Bono

It’s free! Result.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh it's reasonably generous with card packs too. I nearly spent a few quid on PS4, was playing loads and felt like supporting it. Glad I didn't as it'd be wasted now.

The matchmaking is good too. You'll occasionally fight someone that's obviously spent a fortune on it but for the most part the battles are really close. There's some great decks you can work out. I ignored the meta and just did my own thing.

Fuck da meta.
  • I’m not exactly sure how it works yet - I think I’m missing something from the rules!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Is there a tutorial? I can't remember.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Do the 30 day codes work if you haven't got a debit card on there?  Apparently you need a payment method on file to active the 14 day freebie.  If I'm reading it right you're stuck with two 30 day codes you can't use, Webbins?  I'd buy them off you if it meant I could activate them without giving MS card details.

Not sure about needing payment method for codes, maybe not, but cancelling renewal and removing details is easy enough. The codes I got from Kinguin work, make sure they aren't the trial ones for new accounts, it will say on the description page. The £15 for 3 months on cdkeys is pretty good though, minus 5% failbook on top of that.

The 30 day code I got with my X is trial only, however I've furnished Sparky with that now, sorry Moot.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    So if I want a month or three of gwg & game pass, to go balls deep in tea leaves, what's my cheapest route then? Anyone able to eloquently summarise?

As above. See cdkeys or try Kinguin. Other outlets may be available.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Do the 30 day codes work if you haven't got a debit card on there?  Apparently you need a payment method on file to active the 14 day freebie.  If I'm reading it right you're stuck with two 30 day codes you can't use, Webbins?  I'd buy them off you if it meant I could activate them without giving MS card details.

Not sure about needing payment method for codes, maybe not, but cancelling renewal and removing details is easy enough. The codes I got from Kinguin work, make sure they aren't the trial ones for new accounts, it will say on the description page. The £15 for 3 months on cdkeys is pretty good though, minus 5% failbook on top of that.

The 30 day code I got with my X is trial only, however I've furnished Sparky with that now, sorry Moot.

It's £17 now.

@Moot . If mine doesn't work, you can have it. I'll try it tonight but after after webbins failure I expect it as well
  • Thanks, I'll give you what you paid for it though.  Would be nice to have a code for back up, already got my eye on Brothers in the vault.  Although hang on, I don't have Xbox Gold any more, would I need both?
  • I got it with my X , don't worry - have it on me ( if it doesn't work ) . Just shite I can't use it
  • The Xboxers keep giving me stuff, ha.  Cheap deals from Webbins, free games from Pea, pimped up Firesticks from you.  If it works I'll swap it for a store voucher :)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Thanks, I'll give you what you paid for it though.  Would be nice to have a code for back up, already got my eye on Brothers in the vault.  Although hang on, I don't have Xbox Gold any more, would I need both?

If you want to play online, yes.
  • Nope, just wanted it as an indie game Netflix really.
  • I just bought and added another two months GP from Kinguin for less than £9.  Used seller Dibella 360, good rating and price, £4.31 for a month.  Codes emailed to me within five minutes.
  • Webbins wrote:
    I just bought and added another two months GP from Kinguin for less than £9.  Used seller Dibella 360, good rating and price, £4.31 for a month.  Codes emailed to me within five minutes.
    What address did you put? as it's saying 20% tax
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Is there a tutorial? I can't remember.

Ive found some rules. Turns out I’m just shitatit.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It'll click once you've learned a deck. Stick with one and keep going. Then tweak a few cards and eventually you'll be building from scratch.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Played it when it first came to Preview but was bare bones and the lack of any sort of tutorial killed it for me. Will try again though.
    One of the designers was doing a twitch stream of it on Friday explaining a whole bunch, and plans to do so again in a more official capacity soon. I'll drop a link when I have details, if still interested. Would love to hear any thoughts from those who've checked it out.
    I had a bash last night. I'll play more and figure the combos etc but so far I MUCH prefer Gwent TBH. Part of that will be because I'd got to the point in Gwent where I'd made a non meta deck that held its own against pretty much everything and I had a decentish win rate with it. Plus from playing a bunch I know most cards by the art so that helps alot too. I might restart Gwent on my Bone actually. I'd been playing on PS4 to play with my cousin but he's not into it anymore. There's another around too, Hand of the Gods, which I briefly tried but completely forgot about. That seemed interesting too.

Thanks for the response there Franny, sounds like personal preference comes into it a bit for yourself, which is furrymuff ofc. I confess I haven't actually played Fable Fortune for more than about 20 seconds, but I hear good things and believe the co-op is fairly new in this sphere, and decent too. It's all been designed by a bunch of genuine CCG/MTG nerds so worth sticking to for a bit to check out the unique rules / features I'd say.

Penny Arcade did a thing today too, which was nice:

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2018/02/28
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I'll definitely stick with it. Up for co-op too.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The Xboxers keep giving me stuff, ha.  Cheap deals from Webbins, free games from Pea, pimped up Firesticks from you.  If it works I'll swap it for a store voucher :)
    Sorry but I think it works ok , filled the code out , confirmed it was a 30 day game pass and was asked to confirm it but stopped there .

@Webbins did yours do that as well ? I'm guessing it rejects it once it tries putting it onto your account?
  • Yeah, rejected it after trying to confirm it.

I just used my own address for Kinguin, it didn't add anything other than twenty odd pence for payment charge.  You also need to uncheck the buyer protection charge it will try to apply.
  • Just had them question why I've ordered 6 months of Game Pass - this is going to be fun.

@Moot I've pm'd you the code as Webbo has confirmed it won't work
  • They might think you're a reseller.
  • Yeah that's what they've said . I've answered their query and see what happens. 6 isn't that many but at least I've not been charged - yet
  • Cheers Webbo , all sorted . 6 months for about £27

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!