Xbox One
  • Eric wrote:
    12 months of gold for £ 26.50 on Microsoft s website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-live-gold/cfq7ttc0k5dj/000G?tduid=(d61ccd78722057947623620c7e8f3a1a)(266696)(1018132)(1530053723)()
    Nice one mate. Boughted.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • If the Xbox One wasn't so shit I'd probably use this space to tell everyone about the Summer Ultimate Game Sale that has gone live.  You can buy lots of placeholder images of games that don't exist, such as Hellblade (£15), but why would you?  These games don't actually exist.  In fact ignore this post altogether, go on sling your hook and go read a book, or croquet a tea cosy, idiot.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Aside from the hardware, networking and media capabilities of the Bone, I’d be the first to admit the PS4 has more exclusives but not ones I necessarily want to play. Don’t see myself enjoying a game more than Sea of Thieves this generation and couldn’t begin to put a value on the fun I’ve had playing four years of FNF. So the bitter Jims can titter till their teeth fall out, but l’ll continue to love my Xbox One until I’ve a reason not to.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Poor deluded Hair.  That's four years you'll never get back.  Sea of Thieves?  It's Microsoft that have robbed you of your senses.  Sell up now Hair, peel back the pleather and cast off your poor buying decision onto ebay.  Let some other fool rot in front of a blank screen, jabbing at the lifeless controller, the drool pooling in his lap.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    But what a controller eh?
  • £15 for Hellblade is Nice Price.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    How can you have a sale for nothing Webbo? Are you trolling us again?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Fucks sake Webbo. For a minute I thought a game had come out for this empty box I do nothing with.
  • Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just letting you know of all the meaningless pixels you can buy for your shit console. What idiot buys a console with no games available? Me, that's who. I'm going to give mine away and get my preorder in for a Wii U, that's bound to have games, right?
  • Webbins wrote:
    Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just letting you know of all the meaningless pixels you can buy for your shit console. What idiot buys a console with no games available? Me, that's who. I'm going to give mine away and get my preorder in for a Wii U, that's bound to have games, right?

Yeah, but no one knows when it’s actually out.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I've heard good things about the Virtual Boy. It's the nearest thing to VR that we're likely to see and is bound to have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to games.
  • I think the sea air is turning you all salty! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    AVLIWsdQFhysffkyOc12GU8xqig=.gif
  • Not wanting to rile people up, but this chatter made me want to look into the exclusives for different consoles out of curiosity (i've not watched the Jim vid, so this isn't a defence of that).

Looking at released 'retail' games (so excluding download only) and excluding games also available on 360 or PC (and the latter isn't particularly fair on xbone given microsoft's push into cross play etc) then there's only actually 7 exclusives for Xbone:

[Import] Azito x Tatsunoko Legends (Hamster)
    Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft)
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Microsoft)
    Halo 5: Guardians (Microsoft)
    Powerstar Golf (Microsoft)
    Rare Replay (Microsoft)
    Sunset Overdrive (Microsoft)

Obviously if you include PC then you can add at least a couple of stonkers to the list (total goes up to 27 i think), and the online service might be the best for playing with mates and all those 3rd party games that are basically identical to ps4 etc....so I'm not trying to say it's crap (i'm enjoying my time with mine since getting it).

Source here: https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one (then unselect all the 'showing' options except Full)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well yes, everything’s cross-platform on Windows 10 and Xbox One now so excluding PC games will leave a pretty meagre list. For Xbox Two, doing that will probably leave zero games.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If they call it Xbox 2

*Chrismorrisitcrowdgif*
  • It's interesting hearing Phil Spencer talk about all this stuff. He was on Giantbomb's E3 podcast.

IIRC, he was saying if you're a Japanese developer, you don't have a One. You have a PS4, so it makes sense that you would make your games for PS4 and not the Xbox. MS are trying to talk to the devs and get the games across onto their console but it is an uphill battle, and they understand that.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I don’t get the negative in having your first party games playable on a PC, if there’s minimal scaling involved, better to have two outlets surely? Microsoft so automatically it’s a bit shit?
  • Microsoft just need to bank roll SEGA again to bring some decent ips to the table, that’s if there’s anyone left at SEGA who still makes games.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Sterling gonna Ster.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    Microsoft just need to bank roll SEGA again to bring some decent ips to the table, that’s if there’s anyone left at SEGA who still makes games.

Microsoft just doubled their first party studios, they’ll get some IPs going, that’s for sure.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don’t get the negative in having your first party games playable on a PC, if there’s minimal scaling involved, better to have two outlets surely? Microsoft so automatically it’s a bit shit?

I think that's a bit disingenuous. You're talking, really here, going back to SNES and Mega Drive days and the entire debate over which console do you get being around exclusives. Or versions better - Mortal Kombat and SF2 being good examples. It's never died down because the reality is that most of the world buys one console each gen, so it does become a factor
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Eric wrote:
    Microsoft just need to bank roll SEGA again to bring some decent ips to the table, that’s if there’s anyone left at SEGA who still makes games.

Microsoft just doubled their first party studios, they’ll get some IPs going, that’s for sure.

They have, but we are not talking xbone releases here given one has Forza horizon out next month and the other we happy few, and hellblade came out in the last twelve months. Still, fucking buzzing to see what they do. They've chosen good purchases for games wot I like
  • I don’t get the negative in having your first party games playable on a PC, if there’s minimal scaling involved, better to have two outlets surely? Microsoft so automatically it’s a bit shit?
    I didn't intend it to be negative, certainly I like that they release the games on both.

I was just trying to look at it as exclusives only, which is a big factor in 'do i need this if i have another machine' (or I can only buy one machine). For me, I had a PS4 and a PC...the console only exclusives were really the main thought in 'should i get an xbox'...and to be honest what's there was never enough (esp once FH3 and SoT came on PC).
    However, since I've now got access to a bone, I much prefer playing those 'shared' games on that rather than PC.

I guess the 'negative' with PC cross play is if people start to favour PC, and it harms long term sales of xbox...because a PS4+PC covers more games than PC+xbox
  • In other news, I completed Human: Fall Flat last night on xbox one, and it's the first game I've completed in god knows how long...so XBOX WINS!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Edit; fat thumbs.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I didn't intend it to be negative, certainly I like that they release the games on both.

Wasn't aimed at you Ram my man.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    In other news, I completed Human: Fall Flat last night on xbox one, and it's the first game I've completed in god knows how long...so XBOX WINS!
    Tut tut. Get back to coding m8.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Now I am fucking big rock on for crackdown but the number of places doing the portents is becoming cacophonous.

h0hpStV.jpg

If this is literal crackdown 1 but pretty then why the fuck wouldn't I just play crackdown 1
  • I wonder if the new hardware chat means a bone without a disc drive. Seems like the time has arrived, although game shops might disagree.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!