Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    LG for Life. <3
    OLED it be?

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • We have more than 1 4K tv in the house.  All Oleds too.  They’re a big step up.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Eh? Aren't most of those already out?!
  • I've been keen on Thimbleweed for a while so that's good.

I shall try your Shenmue although I am not convinced I will be arsed with it.
  • If you've never tried it you'll likely be disappointed.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Game Pass

Yeh, I'm a wally. Proper confused for a minute!
  • It's q slightly oddly worded headline tbf.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    If you've never tried it you'll likely be disappointed.

I think I tried 2 in the OG Xbox.
    I didnt really understand what the fuck it was.
    From what I have read and seen since I dont think I will like it but it's worth a go as I have GP anyway.

Strikes me that it was quite the thing at the time but seems like it has been borrowed from, surpassed and redone many times since. The Yakuza games seem to be the modern equivalent.
  • Yeah, I guess if you don't have the rose tinted specs, the alternative is to appreciate where it was and what has come from it.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Holy fuck Gamepass on PC is fantastic
  • Just in case anyone doesn't check out the Deals thread....

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - INCREDIBLE DEAL

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0KHS0/0007?activetab=pivot:gamesanddealstab

so ultimate combines game pass and Gold, and will be £10.99 per month.
    There's the normal intro offer of £1 for the first month, but here's the real bargain. It will also update any remaining months of gold AND game pass that you have into Ultimate (max 36 months total).
    i thought it just updated gold, for which my sub (and game pass) ran to end of this year, so I bought another 12 months gold first (£49.99 via MS, though cdkeys have it for £39.99), taking that gold sub into 2020, but game pass expiring later this year.
    Paid the £1 upgrade, and I now have ultimate until end of 2021!

So really, if you have any interest in xbox gold and game pass you should get the upgrade, and maybe stack some extra months of gold on first.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • So, have I got this right.

Gamepass works on pc and xbox, one sub (I got warmonger through it on my surface yesterday)

Gold is still a thing if you just want xbox online

Ultimate is both gold and Gamepass together.
    SFV - reddave360
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hang on. I didn't realise all those new GP games were on now?? Thought it was just Batman, Metro and Borderlands?

Just checked the app and there's a billion new additions on there to queue for download.

Mistake?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Confirmed.

Wtf

Silence - The Whispered World 2

Batman™: Arkham Knight

Blands Handsome Collection

Metro Exodus

Supermarket Shriek

Hollow Knight

Moonlighter

Everspace

Riverbond

Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition

Neon Chrome

Bridge Constructor Portal

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Metal Slug X

Thimbleweed Park

Shenmue I & II

Steamworld Dig 2

Old Man's Journey
  • I thought there was a couple more than that - apparently Battlechasers was one of the games and it isn't on that list. So...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Might be upcoming.

I need to quit work, there's too much.
  • The Game Pass model looks like good value - good enough for me to consider buying in to it. However, I'm now in the space where I couldn't justify buying a new Xbox, because I know there's another one along in 18 months.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    The Game Pass model looks like good value - good enough for me to consider buying in to it. However, I'm now in the space where I couldn't justify buying a new Xbox, because I know there's another one along in 18 months.

I assume gamepass will carry over straight into Scarlet anyway, so assuming you have games in the meantime I wouldn’t rush. A lot of this seems like laying really good foundations.

• I don't currently have an Xbox One. I had one around 18 months ago, but sold it on because - after playing through a few of the exclusives - it was gathering dust. If I was going back in, I'd buy a One X, but that's out the window now because I'd want to upgrade again next Xmas. I appreciate that sounds entitled, but I'd assume I'm not the only one who likes to have the latest console or tech.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I don't currently have an Xbox One. I had one around 18 months ago, but sold it on because - after playing through a few of the exclusives - it was gathering dust. If I was going back in, I'd buy a One X, but that's out the window now because I'd want to upgrade again next Xmas. I appreciate that sounds entitled, but I'd assume I'm not the only one who likes to have the latest console or tech.

Doesn't sound entitled to me. I mean, I think most people who follow games desire the latest tech. It's all about how much you can justify it to yourself, and whether the upgrade seems worth the cost. I'll be Day One next gen too, I think.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    So, have I got this right. Gamepass works on pc and xbox, one sub (I got warmonger through it on my surface yesterday) Gold is still a thing if you just want xbox online Ultimate is both gold and Gamepass together.
    Gamepass was primarily xbox, but certain games (mainly MS first party) are play anywhere, so if you buy digitally through MS, you get the game on PC and xbox...those games on game pass then worked on xbox or pc - ie Sea of Thieves and Forza. However most of the games on game pass were xbox only.
    MS have now added a new PC version of game pass, for which all the games will work on PC, and there'll be some differences in the catalogue compared to the xbox version.
    Gold is for xbox online multiplayer - it's never been needed on PC before, i'm assuming that's still the case.

Ultimate gets you all 3 together. And the deal I linked will add up any existing months of gold or xbox gamepass subs that you have, then convert them into months of ultimate, for £1.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • What I might do is see whether my work laptop (I-7, 6 Core, 2.2ghz, 16gb RAM, and GTX 1050 Ti) can run any of the Game Pass for PC stuff in the interim. I haven't really tried gaming on the PC and the offer of gaming for a few quid a month looks like a nice intro.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    So, have I got this right. Gamepass works on pc and xbox, one sub (I got warmonger through it on my surface yesterday) Gold is still a thing if you just want xbox online Ultimate is both gold and Gamepass together.
    Gamepass was primarily xbox, but certain games (mainly MS first party) are play anywhere, so if you buy digitally through MS, you get the game on PC and xbox...those games on game pass then worked on xbox or pc - ie Sea of Thieves and Forza. However most of the games on game pass were xbox only.
    MS have now added a new PC version of game pass, for which all the games will work on PC, and there'll be some differences in the catalogue compared to the xbox version.
    Gold is for xbox online multiplayer - it's never been needed on PC before, i'm assuming that's still the case.

Ultimate gets you all 3 together. And the deal I linked will add up any existing months of gold or xbox gamepass subs that you have, then convert them into months of ultimate, for £1.

I'm being silly again but Gamepass is a Microsoft account thing and not a machine based thing? So if I subscribe to Gamepass it works on whatever machine I log into, similar to Netflix (obviously with the difference some games aren't on every format). At the moment that's the way it seems, just wondering if that's it going forward because thats a great bit of value I wasn't aware of. Gamepass on my xbox, but also on any windows 10 machine I have, tech permitting? If that's all covered by one sub I'm very happy.

SFV - reddave360
  • Correct. You can only have it on limited machines but is tied to your account. All covered under this one sub.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Correct. You can only have it on limited machines but is tied to your account. All covered under this one sub.

That is fucking nice. For me that's a big plus to sticking with Microsoft for the next gen. Gamepass covering the laptop and the xbox2 (and my current bone if I keep it) is great. I reckon they will also continue the solid work with back catalogue stuff as well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I swore off MS last gen (shit time with vista and 360s) but they have knocked it out of the park with their BC and gamepass strategy.

Is Scarlett the codename or the console name?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Codename I assume. Like Scorpio was for Xbox One
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Ahh ok, so they have the same deal with early 360/bono with specs but that might be likely to change (more RAM seems a common last minute deal).
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!