Cricket Thread - Crickets (Tests, ODI, T20)
  • Nice to see the handshakes from the Aussies. What a quality innings.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • What the hell was that ball? It just didn't bounce at all.
  • And again.
  • Just an incredible batting performance from Crawley. Sure he rode his luck (he was due a bit) especially early on but the acceleration from 50 to 100, and then on and on, was magical. Haven’t seen the Aussies like that since cook’s glory.

I reckon they’ll be happy to declare with a 200 lead?
  • Depends on the run rate I guess. If they can do most of it in one innings, fast,  all the better with the weather.
  • Well shit.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Was hoping you'd wake up to it, we were glorious. A bit lucky but mainly glorious.
  • Yeah it was going to happen at least one innings. Whether it ends up having an impact depends on the weekend forecast I assume. Plenty of time for a result though.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yeah, the forecast is not great, and the match is gonna move on quickest with England batting. So just fucking go for it, don't worry about declarations, accept the risk of a few wickets and see where the morning takes you.

If they have to bat again, the rain might force a draw. Even if they still get sufficient time, if it rains heavily then the outfield will soften up and make boundaries more difficult.
  • Tbh our scoring rate makes the weather less problematic. When Bazball works it really works.
  • Good solid start again.
  • need to go even faster. rain about. need that 200 lead quickly quickly quickly
    need strike rates back up at the Crawley / Root levels, not down at 60ish for Brook, although I think he's batted very sensibly and well tbf

The Aussies not taking the new ball is embarrassing, a clear sign of "don't give them the runs, make this last, wait for the rain" shiteness
  • It's England, surely inventing a sport that takes 5 days to complete should naturally factor in rain as inevitable?
    ;-)
  • Declare on the hattrick ball you cowards
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    15 runs and a wicket. Pretty standard over.
  • Aussies took 90 overs to get to 317 all out
    England over 500 in 96 overs
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I know that the new ball can give runs, but given the wickets since taking it, dumbass decision from the Aussies.
  • The last two tests have seen some really lax defence from Australian bowling and fielding. Something isn't right, because it's still different from the first two tests and I'm thinking it might be more than English aggression/tactics.

I'm expecting 2-2 if there are 3 sessions for England to bowl.
  • Smart play from Australia there, good effort clouds.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This is fun
  • 600 would be nice.
  • That's a shame Bairstow ends up one short, but that shows why he's been picked.

275 is a good lead. Eyes on the skies now.
  • Yas.
  • Australia are looking as wobbly af. Pressure is on and the crowd are sensing more blood.
  • Great day. It does look like we’ll need to be lucky with weather to finish it off but couldn’t have tried any harder
  • Is day 4 looking like a washout, or just interrupted? I would be pretty furious if I was an English player if the game gets washed out, as I reckon that you can win the series now.
  • Washout. England will probably want to take any amount of play they can get though can't imagine the Aussies will.
  • I assume day 5 is going to be playable for some of it at least?
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It should be a bit playable, yes. But it would be a very English way to lose the ashes - lol stumping followed by train in a winning position.
  • Remember the maxim.

Brian Clough's worse than the rain in Manchester. At least God stops that occasionally.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!