Cricket Thread - Crickets (Tests, ODI, T20)
  • The best update from the ground so far: sitting alone in the middle of the empty Party Stand, getting soaked, is a bloke with a beard and a nautical hat dressed as Captain Birdseye, and five friends dressed as fish fingers.
  • You also saw the remark about the weather denying Australia the chance to achieve an all time great comeback.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yeah they'll be gutted at being robbed of that chance.
  • Gotta love rained off commentary. Shane Warne's Xmas day lasagna sandwiches were an eye opener.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Saw a photo of Pat Cummins with the caption "doing his best trying to look sad about the rain"
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yeah not looking good for us. Not looking good at all.
  • The hovercraft is off, they're painting the lines, we should get some cricket in half an hour!
  • Fingers crossed. An hour or two would be nice.
  • Might do some damage in short time on this wicket.
  • We need some oomph to get the crowd going. The ball isn't turning much after all.
  • Wicket!
  • We needed that one alright.
  • Tbh if we’re getting some time today it’s certainly looking ok for tomorrow. Any wicket today is therefore a bonus! Get Marsh out and it’s in the bag
  • Rain continuing past tea.
  • Fucking Manchester weather
  • How is Sunday looking? Sounds less wet tomorrow morning, but deteriorating in the afternoon sessions.

Could be very tight.
  • Awesome
  • Vela wrote:
    Awesome

Lol. I mean if i was an Aussie I'd love this one to be rained off and then the fifth test play out like the forth and win the Ashes due to rain. The sweetest way to win a series that should've been lost.

Not saying you should lose Vela, just that a cheap win is funnier than a good win.

I remember seeing the Wikipedia entry for England's win in the world Cup, it didn't say by a number of runs or wickets, it said "by pure luck" hahaha.
  • It wouldn't be the first and it won't be the last time an Ashes series draw (if it happens today) changes the whole series outcome. The first test in 2009 was the most recent escape from defeat that I could find.

Anyway, it's academic unless it happens. :-)
  • Looking like we might be getting some play.
  • I don't think there'll be enough time to get them out.
  • Not enough time for 5 balls?
  • No, because Bairstow will be keeping to spin behind Carey, resulting in a ten hour Mexican standoff waiting for a toe to lift.

Spoiler:
  • I'm off to bed. Checking back in at 3am to see if anything happened.
  • Spoiler:
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I'd sleep like a baby if I were you. And congrats!
  • Congratulations you dirty cheating rotten Aussies!

Only kidding, but what a shame the weather has taken away what would've been a fantastic last test at the oval. A decider for all the marbles.

There should be a system for picking a winner when weather takes away more than a days play.

Anyway, well done Australia, it was a great test series up to this point.
  • It's not a new thing, but just seems very dumb to me that they don't at least book a potential 6th day in the schedule so if you lose a day to the weather you have the chance of an extra day to get a result
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!