Cricket Thread - Crickets (Tests, ODI, T20)
  • Under 200. Tick tock!
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Stats on how many wickets and impact Broad and Anderson have had. 1000+ wickets in matches together. 6 10WM between them. 40+ 5WI.

These two retiring will be equal in impact to McGrath/Warme retirement.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep could still go either way. Couple of wickets wild seeing the odds pretty fast, but these two are settling...
  • The ball and pitch have gremlins in them

Reckon that slight deflections and bounces could represent turning points quite easily. Dropped catches, late edges, going both ways.

Imagine how tense this would be if it was 2-2
  • at 2-2 I'd be putting England as favourites, right now I have Aussies as favourites but very marginally, and only because they've been through this before at Edgbaston
  • Under 150 now. Woakes is definitely the most threatening bowler today.
  • Hahahahaha
  • well that's exactly how you lose a test match unbelievably stupid
  • I'll only defend stokes once, but he realised it. Went to throw it up, it clipped his leg and spilled out.

Very, very lucky for Australia. That's a get out of gaol free card
  • Yeah, you don't expect that from the skipper.
  • I thought he would have withdrawn the review.
  • Yes - it's double shit, he realised it straight away and should've said no to the review. rubbish all around, no point in arguing about it now.

Anyway that could really be it. Smith to go on to make a century. Bollocks
  • It would have been a fantastic catch too, otherwise.
  • Thinking about the appeal, I suppose it depends why it wasn't given. If the umpire indicated he didn't think there was bat or glove involved, I suppose that makes sense. 

But would they not then check the catch as well? If so then Stokes own reaction tells you everything you need to know.

Anyway, we all know the real reason England won't win, and that is Funk making it rain.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'd happily take a draw right now, good to see it's potentially back on...
  • Well now I walk in the house 20 minutes ago and thought wow, the aussies are gonna take this then boom 3 wickets. Exciting stuff.
  • Those fucking bails!

Surely now, surely...
  • Stuart Broad, take a bow!

What a way to go out, winning* The Ashes with your final career ball.

*morally
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    MORNING VELA
  • Those fucking bails!

Surely now, surely...

That was some moment.
  • Phew. Turns out bazball is the winner after all
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    MORNING VELA

Morning, Sunshine.

Australia really should have won that. Only 49 short means we need better batsmen.

Definitely a moral victory for
    Spoiler:

A drawn series is probably fair reflection of how close it has been all series. I expect half the team lineups to have changed by next series.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Phew. Turns out bazball is the winner after all

1USA-wins-1-1.jpg
  • well that was fun.
    What made it better (for me personally) was that after the stokes 'drop' i got busy with work and other stuff straight after, forgot all about the cricket and walked in the house with the highlights on and literally at the point of stokes drop. so i got to sit and watch the condensed version of the drama with absolutely no idea of the outcome.
    Broad switching the bails and then getting a wicket next ball was just ridiculous, you'd roll your eyes if it had happened in a film script!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ozzies sound upset at a ball switch early on in the day, before the first wickets? Wasn't watching, but that does sound a bit sus if it was swinging a lot more...
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Ozzies sound upset at a ball switch early on in the day, before the first wickets? Wasn't watching, but that does sound a bit sus if it was swinging a lot more...
    yeah i think i saw that in the highlights, they replaced a battered looking ball with one that looked very new for what was meant to be 37 overs old....even Vaughan on commentary admitted it looked a lot newer than the ball being replaced.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It was suss, but the umpires chose the ball so it's not really worth pursuing.

Easier and more effective than sandpaper to frequently complain about the balls shape.
  • Both teams were clamouring for ball changes every other over. It's annoying but within the rules - and the ball which hit the helmet was mangled enough to warrant a change. Balls are chosen by the umpires, the decision to change one is taken by the umpires based on whether it fits through their ring (oo-er etc). More annoying is that bail thing - bails have nothing to do with Broad, it's cheeky gamesmanship, but you can't really complain about it cos how could it make any difference?

Anyway bazball thank god for you
  • Anything to annoy the batsmen. Broad copied it from Nathan Lyon apparently. Just playing silly buggers.

• Vela wrote:
    Funkstain wrote:
    Phew. Turns out bazball is the winner after all

1USA-wins-1-1.jpg

Well one team were definitely celebrating a draw yesterday hehe.

Thoroughly enjoyed that whole series. Congrats to the Aussies on doing enough to take the Ashes and both teams for putting on an absolute spectacle. Cricket ftw.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!