Pro Wrestling
  • Not apparantly, Sting has said Scott Hall came up with the gimmick.
  • Not apparantly, Sting has said Scott Hall came up with the gimmick.

Cool. I think I first read that in bischoffs book. Which is a very good but also awful book.
    SFV - reddave360
  • what happened to sid justice.. sorta comes and goes so quickly but had the potential (build wise) to be a big hitter.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Dante might have a better idea but I was under the impression that Sid wasn't always the easiest to work with and would often walk out if the booking didn't suit him (there is a running gag that these walk-outs would coincide with softball season , of which sid was said to be a big fan)
    SFV - reddave360
  • mk64 wrote:
    what happened to sid justice.. sorta comes and goes so quickly but had the potential (build wise) to be a big hitter.

As Sid Justice, he failed a drugs test before WM8 because he provided someone elses urine, and quit wrestling rather than serve a suspension. That lasted a year before he returned in WCW as Sid Vicious again.

This also didnt last. In 94, and I swear I'm not making this up, he got into a fight with Arn Anderson in Blackburn that resulted in him stabbing Arn with a pair of scissors 20 times. Arn also managed to stab Sid a few times, but seriously came off worse, and likely would be dead if Too Cold Scorpio hadn't decided to venture out of his hotel room to see what all the noise was and make the insane decision to get in between the two.

At this point, Sid realised how much he was bleeding, freaked the fuck out and legged it. He ran into Vader, who had been woken up by the kerfuffle and exited his room in just his underwear. Vader tackled Sid to the ground and closed the wound in his stomach by sticking his thumb in it.
  • Also he busted his leg as seen in an infamous 2004 era gif.

He was back recently I think for raw.
  • Yeah, at the arse end of WCW, John Lauinitus had the bright idea of a 6'9 over 300 pound man doing ariel moves.

As a result he never wrestled for a major promotion again until 2012 when he returned to Raw and beat Heath Slater.

He was actually one of the attidude era guys I always wanted WWE to bring back. We never saw him after that, and his career ended being carted out on a stretcher. Whilst I never got that final run, I was happy that he at least got to come back and go out as a terrifying fucking monster, and not the bloke whose leg was barely connected.
  • So er... AJ loses the title to a heel Daniel Bryan and so it’s brock Bryan at survivor series

Also it’s now Charlotte rousey at survivor series.

I find AJs arc this year very interesting.

He spends the first half of the year getting his nuts bashed in by Nakamura.

Joe tests his family man credentials all summer.

Bryan wins by crushing AJs nuts again.

Tell me wrestling isn’t about deep storylines!
  • Heel Bryan? He's not wearing brays old dungarees again Is he?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Nope. He just went mad.
  • Hopefully Becky vs Ronda is pushed back to Mania now, as she is the most over person in the company at the moment.

Did love hearing a Dublin accent saying "Everyone's tough until the man comes around!"
  • Nope. He just went mad.

As you said so, deep.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I don't watch WWE at all but I still get the odd post-show thingy on twitter and I'm just here to say I really really fancy the red haired lady one and I think I'm in love with her?
  • I'm annoyed that AJ hasn't kept the title for a long single spell. He's earned it as a fighting champ. Similar to Brett during the 92-93 era. He's racked up almost a year. It's a shame it will be just shy of that I think. 

Not watched raw or SD yet this week. SS this weekend. Brock will steamroll Bryant.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • also up to Royal Rumble 93 and first introduction of Lex Lugor. 

Interesting dynamic about how much grief Bobby the Brain Henan gives Mr Perfect for leaving him. Must've been a really big deal back then. 

Gorilla and Bobby and brilliant commentators. Absolutely hilarious in places. Bobby comes out with so many comments which are not politically correct. "she should be home washing clothes"
  • mk64 wrote:
    I'm annoyed that AJ hasn't kept the title for a long single spell. He's earned it as a fighting champ. Similar to Brett during the 92-93 era. He's racked up almost a year. It's a shame it will be just shy of that I think. 

Not watched raw or SD yet this week. SS this weekend. Brock will steamroll Bryant.

371 days. It's the joint 8th longest WWE Championship reign in history and joint 3rd longest of the modern era.
  • I worry he won’t be remembered for much due to brockets and reigns so this is pretty much all he’s got to be in that bracket of goat.
  • Got two matches left of the worst Survivor Series ever.

Do yourself a favour and dont bother. Watch Takeover if you haven't instead.
  • What a fucking turd that was.
  • I completely forgot there was a survivor series last weekend. Seems I did not miss much.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I thought the last two matches were pretty interesting.
  • SS was pretty poor. 

Worst thing was the 205 match. Doesn't matter how much you hype that division, it just has no love from me. 

Samoa Joe has done 30 minute matches where he takes beating after beating. Then gets hit once and he's down and out? meh. 

Flair and Rousey was shit. 

Strowman tearing through everyone wasn't even fun although I enjoyed the Shane stuff fwiw. 

Yeah it was a shit show to be honest. Saying that, Nakamura and Rollins was maybe the highlight and I don't really like Rollins so there you go.
  • Samoa Joe is proof that it really doesn't matter how good you are. He came in, did good promos, mostly very good in ring and got over . But the end result? Chuck him in the mid card.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I thought the last two matches were pretty interesting.

They were the best part of the show, but they were irrelevent to the story of the show. How WWE thought they could get away with that, especially after the crowd reaction to Woods preshow promo revealed it was a HIGHLY partisan Smackdown crowd Ive no idea.
  • also.. why the clean sweep? So corbin keeps his job? they sacking paige? 

Also, hear about Enzo?
  • Because Vince hates Smackdown?

God knows. We'll see how it plays out in the next few weeks.
  • not gonna lie, the highlight of the show was strowman "swatting" shane out of the sky in the 2nd coast to coast. 

Also, interesting how Renee gave Corey some legit stick (sounded legit to me) about bagging on Sasha as he always does.
  • while we on it, how much of the commentary is scripted?
  • None really, although Vince is constantly hollering in their ear.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!