Pro Wrestling
  • The first two Foley books are very good. The second two not so much.

Jericho's first book is great.

Bret's book is very good, but gets very negative in the second half.

Eddie's book is good, as is Regal's.

Angle's book is good for the first half which is all about his amateur wrestling and Olympic career. Book takes a nose dive once it goes into his pro wrestling career.
  • Must check out regals book. The something to wrestle podcast just did a show on him and hell, guy has been through some stuff.

Edit: on brets book, hard not to get negative given the last few years of his career. I just found it grating after a while that everyone told him he was brilliant, usually with a tear in their eye.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Summer Slam 93 - not sure how Luger has gone from being a heel to a face. He was the narcissist and now he's the USA hero?! weird.. not watching the weekly shows so no idea how this happened. Presumably people just hate Yoko more as he's not american. Errr.. 

Brett Hart was amazing as usual. Shawn Michaels was decent. 

The Giant doesn't actually do a single move other than basically hitting Taker. Paul Bearer is amazing, what a character. He's so integral to Taker I think Taker isn't really the phenom/character post Bearer that he was in this era with the urn.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • They did a tribute to the troops type thing on the USS Intrepid, which was interrupted by Fuji and Yokozuna. All American Luger comes out and body slams him.

That's it. No explanation for why he was suddenly so patriotic.
  • LOL

would you say his slam in the ring was a slam? Barely got him up. 

Lawler is good. 

Vince is weird on the mic.. his intonation and gruffly voice is pretty jarring.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • TLC was good some really cool matches.
    Spoiler:
  • Starting it this morning hopefully
  • Haha. I want to see Daniel Bryan’s new organic cotton championship belt.

Check out his interview from before his TLC match.
  • Just popped in to say that Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler of all time.
  • Just popped in to say that Ric Flair is the greatest wrestler of all time.

Any particular match brings this up?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Watched the Becky Lynch doc on the network, which got me in the mood for some Flair, and I stuck on a match with Steamboat from Spring Stampede 1994.
  • Really enjoyed the steamboat series. Good stuff alright. I think outside of the rumble match, his best work was the mania 8 match with savage (and the build). He was top of the mountain at that point. Not sure how Vince didn't see more money in further flair v savage matches (summerslam was a warrior savage match instead for example).
    SFV - reddave360
  • I’m not a fan of flair tbh. I mean he’s good but I don’t feel he deserves all the hype he gets. It’s too much chopping and eye raking. Not enough actual moves for me. Give me Brett, perfect and hbk every day.

Almost done survivor series so almost into 1994.
  • Youve not watched the right matches then.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Fuck, did anyone hear about the mexican wrestling match where one guy threw a REAL cinder bock on the other guys head and nearly killed him. Sounds absolutely horrific. The victim was outside the ring looking for weapons under the ring and the guy lobed a cinder block (unseen from what I've heard) onto the back of his head.

Yes I watched it, it was disgusting. Apparently, the guy who threw the block has become a bigger star because of it. He should be in fucking prison.

On a positive note, I subscribed to the Dragon Gate network for the first time in December because Pac was back. It's a damn good promotion. I tend to rotate my second network between All Japan/Stardom and DG. Wrestle Kingdom looks awesome this year, possibly the best card ever like. Maybe without the hype of last year but match to match it looks incredible.
  • RIP mene gene
  • show some respect lads. 

Any thoughts on raw or sd so far this year? I like that the family are more visible. Vince is hilarious and I do like Shanes antics. Thought him firing up the phenominal one was a bit odd but hey.. 

Fair play to pushing Cruise to challenge Ambrose. Titus never really seems to get a push does he? 

Cena was a welcome return. He really gets the crowd pumped and his segment with Becky was interesting if just a bit odd with Ciene or whatever it's called
  • Wrestle Kingdom 13 was pretty great. Some weird bits, but some really top drawer matches, especially the Jericho and Omega ones.

Raw and Smackdown are in the end of year dead zone. Should start to pick up in the next few weeks to the Rumble.

Any thoughts on All Elite Wrestling? Run by Cody, Brandi and the Young Bucks, and backed by the guy who owns Fulham and was trying to buy Wembley. Won't be short of a few Bucks (ha!). Hangman Page has signed up, with Omega rumored to be leaving New Japan to join.
  • not seen it but i'm hyped about RR. I really really want Strowman to win the title from Brock but it simply won't happen. 

Im not sure if the ratings thing is legit or a gimmick but i'd bet that the show openly highlighting the lack of Lesnar has actually backfired a bit. 

Also having the Bar vs the new day for the 400th time is fucking boring
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Raw just hit the lowest ratings in history if that's what you mean.
  • Wrestle Kingdom 13 was pretty great. Some weird bits, but some really top drawer matches, especially the Jericho and Omega ones. Raw and Smackdown are in the end of year dead zone. Should start to pick up in the next few weeks to the Rumble. Any thoughts on All Elite Wrestling? Run by Cody, Brandi and the Young Bucks, and backed by the guy who owns Fulham and was trying to buy Wembley. Won't be short of a few Bucks (ha!). Hangman Page has signed up, with Omega rumored to be leaving New Japan to join.

Not the best show on the face of the planet, but still great. Enjoyed most of it though some of the undercard was way too short. Loved Zak v Ishii and the top 3 matches.

AEW. I find it a bit strange given there is barely any available talent not contracted to somewhere else. Also, I don't see them partnering with NJPW given their strong alliance with ROH, which AEW does not want to work with. ROH and NJPW have worked very well together, and for NJPW wrestlers to be dolled out to their competition would quite rightly frustrate them, given their broadcasting partner just got them into MSG. I hope it's good. I hope Kenny stays in Japan.
  • NXT UK Takeover Blackpool was amazing. Some absolutely stunning talent there. With this UK performance centre its only going to get better.

British wrestling is certanly in a special place right now.
  • Toni Storm was a fantastic wrestler in the last match I saw her in. And only 20ish ridiculous talent.
  • Watching royal rumble 94. It’s actually pretty decent in terms of the card. I’ve not finished the 30 man but interesting how they went with 1.30 instead of 2 mins.

The problem with this rumble and the reason why I’m going to remember it for all the wrong reasons is that vince and the million dollar man are commentating and it’s dreadfuk. Dire. Utterly bad. Vincent at some point has altered his voice to make everything sound like the guy announcing for xfactor. It’s horrendous. Nothing is informative. No knowledge of feuds or moves. Just “ohh there’s crush what a right hand”.

Also never realised how many ppvs bam bam Bigwood was in. He’s a lot better than the wrestlmania i first saw him in.
  • So anyone looking forward to braun-lesnar?
  • I thought that wasn't happening anymore?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Think Lesnar is fighting Hornswoggle now?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I’m looking forward to it
  • mk64 wrote:
    I’m looking forward to it

:-(

G is right. I was being a bit cheeky there. Pretty interesting to see though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!