Pro Wrestling
  • Hi Dante!

Boo for hogan.

Shane Mc only fights old men.

I will stay up.
  • If Shane doesn’t get covered in some beverage at this point it’ll be disappointing #checkovsconcessionstand.
  • Haha that was mad as a bastard.
  • I got a decent video of that suplex.

Beth!
  • Ha nice one. I find the iiiiiiiiconics simultaneously annoying and enjoyable. They’re like reverse imposter syndrome: tag team.

Not the biggest fan of this match but I think fatal four way tag matches are a stupid invention.
  • Haha I’m glad an actual tag team has the tag team titles though rather than the other bodge teams.
  • Iiconics are amazing because of how annoying they are. Every time they are on I'm pissed off with a massive grin on my face.

Time for Kofimania!
  • Oh man. The whole show could pin on kofimania.
  • I have extreme nervousness that this will be booker t 2
  • Having said that for a first biiiiiig wrestlemania match you can’t really have a better wrestler than Daniel Bryan with you.
  • Graves really is the best commentator. Him and Bryan are totally in sync on the strategy.
  • Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.
  • That was a fucking awesome match.
  • Reigns done some weird paint job on his shirt.

Still he’s gone the hard way to get cheered at wrestlemania.
  • RAP DAD IS IN THE HOUSE.
  • I'm fucking exhausted but this is amazing.

Main event time. Come on Becky.
  • I think Charlotte will win.

It’s been too nice so far.

I’d be fine with any of them winning though.
  • It’s kind of interesting that the tag belts are cross brand and there will be cross brand women’s championship. You assume the belt will change.
  • Rousey does take some monster bumps.
  • Becky checking it was a 3 count is good shit.
  • Also: ring post figure 4. Also awesome.
  • What a weird ending.
  • I'm so fucking happy right now.
  • Less happy now I'm on a train full of wrestling fans. They're the fucking worst.
  • Sounds like you picked one of the better Manias of the modern age to attend Dante. Didn't watch it but it looks like there were some great matches and moments there. Nice that the WWE kept the fans happy for most of the matches.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I FELL ASLEEP!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Which will come as a surprise to precisely no-one.
  • Anyhoo, managed to avoid all spoilers today and have now caught up.
    Overall this was a brilliant Wrestlemania imo. This was the people's Mania. For the first time since I don't know when, all the right people actually won and managed to avoid getting screwed by Vince. That's a result in itself.
    As per the last few years, the show was faaaaar too long, but fortunately it contained some cracking stuff.

Opening with Rollins beating Lesnar was an inspired move.

Styles v Orton was a cracker.

The Smackdown Tag Team Championship was thoroughly enjoyable.

I fell asleep during McMahon v The Miz and couldn't be bothered re-watching it today.

Ditto the Women's Tag Team Championship match. Couldn't be arsed.

Kofimania absolutely delivered, and was probably the highlight of the night. Brilliant crowd-pleaser.

Samoa Joe v Ray Mysterio was fucking pointless.

Reigns v McIntyre was alright. Big Scottish eejit was never going to beat cancer man tho.

Elias and Cena were good fun.

Triple H v Batista. This did nothing for me. Probably looked good on paper.

Angle v Corbin. Not a great match, but a tear in the eye during Kurt's exit when a lone punter held up a sign with YOU NEVER SUCKED written on it. Angle was always a class act.

Lashley v Balor. Thought this was rubbish. Lashley hardly got an entrance at all, whereas Balor got about ten minutes of fireworks and hoopla. So it came as no surprise to see the idiot Balor get the win.

Becky Lynch v Ronda Rousey v Charlotte Flair. Not quite the classic it could have been as a one on one. Triple threats tend to be messy affairs, but it was decent enough stuff with some good bumps, and I'd have bet the house and lost on Becky getting screwed. It's a fucking miracle, because for once the right Man won, and I'm absolutely over the fucking moon for her!
    The controversy surrounding the pin will I suppose give them something to build on going forward.

So, a thoroughly enjoyable Mania that bucked expectations by having all the right people win for once. Who'd have thought?

HURRAH FOR THE MAN!

g.man
  • Yeah I’d agree. I’d say some of the rubbish matches were to allow people to have a piss.
  • Yup, pretty much. I hope Dante managed to get back to New York after the show. Apparently it was a public transport clusterfuck.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!