Pro Wrestling
  • I haven't. Dogfingers maybe?

Rumble has started becoming more like Mania with putting on Axxess, but its still not quite the same.
  • Actually it appears Im wrong, they do a full package like Mania: https://travelpackages.wwe.com/event/royal-rumble-2019
  • Haven't been to a rumble. I would attend the the mania weekend again (haven't since '30) because the amount of other shows is just staggering. I watched 5 PPV's that weekend, Black Label (which was shite), Stardom, MSG, NXT, Mania, it was superb fun regardless of the quality. Though the crowds do put me off. I've had experiences where sometimes its real fun and sometimes they do me head in with their holier than though chants and the other tiresome stuff. I am off to Dominion in Osaka this June though.

What were the crowds like Dante? How many shows did you do?
  • Looking into it. Did you go as a group then dante? My problem is i'm not sure anyone I know would want to go. I don't know anyone else who likes it, let alone enough to go around the world to watch it. 

I'm up to 1996 in PPV's now. It's an interesting bag. Undertaker coming out of the ring to stop Diesel in the cage match against brett hart was quite something. Up to Mania now and Stone Colds first PPV as Stone Cold. Weirdly he was in the last PPV briefly under another name. He doesn't look all that strong but lets see how he finishes it. The commentators are talking about his finisher being the million dollar dream not the stunner :)  wonder when we will see that. 

That Ahmed guy is pretty cool but doesn't seem to get much hype. 

Owen is seemingly in lots of storylines and involved but hardly a main eventer right now. Feud with Brett seemed to be the height of his career beyond his tag team with Yoko which is so weird beyond both working for the same manager. 

The trash guy seemed to come and go as quick as the dentist. Lots of jobbers floating around. Rumble was mixed in 96. Loved Lawler but the rest was a bit pish. Shawn against no one really. They should've kept Vader in longer. 

Vaders someone I never really watched as i'd stopped way before this point so it'll be interesting to see his career progress.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Up to Mania now and Stone Colds first PPV as Stone Cold. Weirdly he was in the last PPV briefly under another name. He doesn't look all that strong but lets see how he finishes it. The commentators are talking about his finisher being the million dollar dream not the stunner

I'd forgotten how bad the ringmaster gimmick was.

I mean how do you take the former stunning Steve Austin, hot off a run in ECW where he was cutting some of the greatest promos of the time, and come up with something as shit as The Ringmaster?

Sticking him with a manager as a mouthpiece as well.

People think Vince does stupid shit now, truth is his hit rate was always abysmal.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Looking into it. Did you go as a group then dante? My problem is i'm not sure anyone I know would want to go. I don't know anyone else who likes it, let alone enough to go around the world to watch it.  I'm up to 1996 in PPV's now. It's an interesting bag. Undertaker coming out of the ring to stop Diesel in the cage match against brett hart was quite something. Up to Mania now and Stone Colds first PPV as Stone Cold. Weirdly he was in the last PPV briefly under another name. He doesn't look all that strong but lets see how he finishes it. The commentators are talking about his finisher being the million dollar dream not the stunner :)  wonder when we will see that.  That Ahmed guy is pretty cool but doesn't seem to get much hype.  Owen is seemingly in lots of storylines and involved but hardly a main eventer right now. Feud with Brett seemed to be the height of his career beyond his tag team with Yoko which is so weird beyond both working for the same manager.  The trash guy seemed to come and go as quick as the dentist. Lots of jobbers floating around. Rumble was mixed in 96. Loved Lawler but the rest was a bit pish. Shawn against no one really. They should've kept Vader in longer.  Vaders someone I never really watched as i'd stopped way before this point so it'll be interesting to see his career progress.

Vadars always seemed a lost potential for WWE. The 'something to wrestle with bruce prichard' podcast on him is very interesting. Prichard is known for being a bit full of shit but it does sound that Leon "Vadar" White didnt help matters himself. I loved the character and image though and his assault on Gorilla Monsoon was a genuine WTF moment in wrestling.
    SFV - reddave360
  • mk64 wrote:
    Looking into it. Did you go as a group then dante? My problem is i'm not sure anyone I know would want to go. I don't know anyone else who likes it, let alone enough to go around the world to watch it.

I went with one person this time, went as a group of 4 the time before that.
  • mk64 wrote:
    The trash guy seemed to come and go as quick as the dentist.

I assume you know who that is?

He has a decent career after that.
  • mk64 wrote:
    The trash guy seemed to come and go as quick as the dentist.

I assume you know who that is?

He has a decent career after that.

After a quick injection of fuel he sure caught fire alright.
    SFV - reddave360
  • tbf Kane is arguably one of the best of all time. I think he's only second to big show in appearances.. or there abouts.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Think Bret still holds that record, though it's hard to find sites that include house shows.
  • Pretty sure Kane is far and away in the lead for PPV appearances, I wouldn't be surprised if he is top for all televised appearances too.
  • Pretty sure Kane is far and away in the lead for PPV appearances, I wouldn't be surprised if he is top for all televised appearances too.

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers-with-most-ppv-appearances.html

seemingly not but does have overall matches. who's christopher daniels?
  • mk64 wrote:
    Pretty sure Kane is far and away in the lead for PPV appearances, I wouldn't be surprised if he is top for all televised appearances too.

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers-with-most-ppv-appearances.html

seemingly not but does have overall matches. who's christopher daniels?

The fallen angel.

Currently with AEW.

He was in what was arguably TNA’s greatest match at Unbreakable 2005 vs Samoa Joe and A.J. Styles.

It’s also worth checking out his stuff as part of The Prophecy in ROH back in the day.
  • They were TNA originals, and TNA used to do cheap fortnightly PPVs I think, so would have racked up loads of them with TNA.
  • It's not loading for me, but if Daniels is on the list that's all PPV's. I was referring to just WWF/WWE.
  • It's not loading for me, but if Daniels is on the list that's all PPV's. I was referring to just WWF/WWE.

In that case you are 100% correct, most WWE PPVs would be Kane with 176.

http://profightdb.com/wrestlers-with-most-wwf-wwe-appearances.html

In that case you are 100% correct, most WWE PPVs would be Kane with 176.

http://profightdb.com/wrestlers-with-most-wwf-wwe-appearances.html

Who the hell is Cody? A bit further down that list.
  • Cody Rhodes

Dusty's son.

Current head of AEW, a new promotion looking to challenge WWE, funded by a billionaire.
  • Also Shawn and Brett iron man match. He’s got him in the sharp shooter. Bell rings for out of time. He breaks the hold.

Match restarted to sudden death.

Had that been explained at the start Brett doesn’t break the hold so he wins.

It’s not clean really is it..
  • He still had equal chance in sudden death though.
  • But he was in a winning position
  • mk64 wrote:
    Also Shawn and Brett iron man match. He’s got him in the sharp shooter. Bell rings for out of time. He breaks the hold. Match restarted to sudden death. Had that been explained at the start Brett doesn’t break the hold so he wins. It’s not clean really is it..

Every sport utilises a time limit break when the time limit is reached.

The match didn't simply continue, it was restarted with sudden death rules.

a change of rules the requires a restart.
  • Brett was almost behind the curtain when the rules weee changed
  • Pretty certain the match ends that way to give Bret a storyline out. I'm not a fan of that match but Bret really makes it seem like he is pissed at the sudden death.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I don't really like Diesel, he manages to bore me in most matches. 

Shawn is really starting to build momentum
  • AEW Double or Nothing on ITV box office for £14.95.

I couldn’t be happier right now and I’m naturally miserable.
  • ITV Box Office?

It’s on Sky, Virgin, PS4 and TV Player on the Xbone.
  • Ah, will investigate. The last one was on Fite Tv, and was a keep forever deal.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!