Pro Wrestling
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    If you watch the monthly 'Being the Elite' youtube show

BTE is weekly.

Drops every Monday.

• I honestly do not get Matt Riddle. Every single molecule of the prick is a heel, and yet hes apparantly a massive face?
  • He has good moves though. Some of them are executed well.
  • Also how can he be a heel if HE HAS NO SHOES!!!
  • You can literally see his heel.
  • That’s a fucking good point.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Hey I watched that today randomly. Good vid.
  • Yup.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Just caught up on BOSJ, damn that was a fun show.
  • Cheers for that g, id seen it floating around, but thought it looked like it would be shit, glad it wasnt.
  • ...and another...
  • Man it looked like undertaker and goldberg nearly murdered each other fucking up their respective moves.
  • Man it looked like undertaker and goldberg nearly murdered each other fucking up their respective moves.

Kinda feel the wwe should shoulder a lot of the blame on that. 2 old guys, not in active competition, 1 of whom was a bit clumsy during his short career. I know wrestlers carry on into old age but they aren't usually doing high impact moves like jackhammers, tombstones etc.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Not finished it yet but mansoor winning the battle royal is awful. I almost vommed in my mouth during his speech after. Is wrestling BGT now?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Michaels vs Vader Sumer slam 96. What a match.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Good story behind it too. A real pity vince didn't go with vadar for a bit, I loved the character. Although having heard how awkward Leon White could be, maybe it was the right choice.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Because Michaels wasn’t difficult?
  • was michaels difficult?
  • Because Michaels wasn’t difficult?

Very fair point but being the guy on top is different to being the guy wanting to get on top. The something to wrestle podcast on vader is worth a listen. It definitely sounds like he didn't help himself.

I still marked for him as a wrestler though.
    SFV - reddave360
  • mk64 wrote:
    was michaels difficult?

I think my favourite quote on the subject is this.

“He was always cool with me when I started out, because I’m pretty much running the low key deal just coming into the company. I’m not putting up any fuss, I’m giving him a good match, I’m getting beat every night – what’s not to like? Later on, when I really got hot as Stone Cold and we were leading up to Boston, WrestleMania 14, now that became a bitter time when he was a real prick.” - Steve Austin
  • But then the rest of that story is Austin knew it was Shawn's last match, and he was genuinely hurt, so offered to take it easy and do only soft bumps.

Instead, Shawn risked serious injury, bumping like crazy for Austin to make him look great.
  • I thought at one point Michaels was saying he might not be able to put Austin over so undertaker started taping up his fists while standing nearby?

https://www.givemesport.com/544056-wwe-shawn-michaels-says-the-undertaker-threatened-to-beat-him-up
    SFV - reddave360
  • Shawn had spent the previous months bitching about how he wasn't going to drop the belt to Austin and had been trying to politic his was way out of losing.

On the Steve Austin podcast back in 2015, Steve said "It was a real pain even getting to the match and Shawn will tell you this, he wasn't in a good place physically or mentally, he had a real bad attitude on him and didn't feel like dropping the strap"

Shawn himself in an interview with Austin said "Everybody knew, you'd have to be a dummy not to know that you were coming on hot, For me and again just being 100% totally honest, it's one of those things where like you know it's cool, all of the stuff that's happening is big, but you're not a part of it and that was admittedly a tough pill to swallow, and obviously not being the great guy I am now...(laughs)"

He goes on to say "The thing is the animosity was never you, it was the situation, it was Vince, the career is over, I'm dropping the title, it was palpable that this was going to be big, there was absolutely nothing good going on with me, so I was a dick to everybody"

According to Jim Cornette the Undertaker taped his fists and waited behind the curtain ready to beat the shit out of Shawn if he didn't do the job for Austin, Shawn himself, although he leaves out the taped fists, admits that Undertaker had told everybody that if the ending didn't go down correctly, he would absolutely have pummelled Shawn as soon as the dust settled.

At the end of the match Shawn was pissed at Tyson laying the Austin 3:16 shirt on his face, which he felt was too much, so after the show he kicked open the door where Tyson, Vince and Austin were doing the press conference and when asked by Shane what he was doing, he went on a bitter tirade about how he should be treated better after all he had done for the company.
  • Oh yeah complete dick, but during the match he was an absolute pro who ironically, carried on the work Bret started, solidifying Austin as a star.
  • Oh yeah complete dick, but during the match he was an absolute pro who ironically, carried on the work Bret started, solidifying Austin as a star.

The only real time he wasn't a pro in the ring in a major way was the hogan match. And even, his OTT selling is very funny.
    SFV - reddave360
  • No, the Hogan match was his finest work ever! I'm laughing just thinking about it now, and I haven't watched any wrasslin for donkeys years.

Such an epic troll.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Tbf it was totally deserved by Hogan. I also can't imagine a genuine match between the two being better.
  • Apols if this a widely known thing, but that AEW franchise is going to be on ITV free to view when it launches in October.
  • I did not know that. Makes sense with tge ITV Box Office for PPVs.

I wonder if this is good or bad for World of Sport.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!