Pro Wrestling
  • Yeah, I don't think it's been announced officially, but I have a pretty good source out here.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Roujin wrote:
    No, the Hogan match was his finest work ever! I'm laughing just thinking about it now, and I haven't watched any wrasslin for donkeys years. Such an epic troll.

Oh dont get me wrong, it's brilliant work. But its the only real time I can think of where his being a dick actually ruined the match from a pure technical point of view. Its great fun to watch if you know what the story is but otherwise it just looks absolutely ridiculous and he is throwing Hogan (probably deservedly as Dante says) under the bus.
    SFV - reddave360
  • g.man wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think it's been announced officially, but I have a pretty good source out here.

Cody sort of announced it at Starrcast II last month, it's being aired on ITV4
  • That’s pretty fucking cool if we get the free show+Ppv rhythm on free tv.

The thing with wrestling is even though Shawn Michaels was a dick I can’t imagine it was easy to be big and not end up a dick. The combo of vulnerability (re injuries), painkillers, vulnerability (re one day you’re hot shit and the next you’re salad) and that payment was literally on days worked I imagine the whole pot just makes everyone paranoid and mad.

Even Austin as hot as fuck as he was stopped wrestling for a year on the basis of there being a Lesnar Austin match on tv.
  • What do you mean?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • That’s pretty fucking cool if we get the free show+Ppv rhythm on free tv.

The thing with wrestling is even though Shawn Michaels was a dick I can’t imagine it was easy to be big and not end up a dick. The combo of vulnerability (re injuries), painkillers, vulnerability (re one day you’re hot shit and the next you’re salad) and that payment was literally on days worked I imagine the whole pot just makes everyone paranoid and mad.

Even Austin as hot as fuck as he was stopped wrestling for a year on the basis of there being a Lesnar Austin match on tv.

PPV will remain on ITV Box Office, the TV show will hopefully air live and in replay on ITV4

Wrestling is an industry of ego, a lot of people are dicks, Foley always seemed sound though.

As for Austin, he was pissed that they were giving a key match away on TV to pop a rating, back in the days when wrestlers got a bigger PPV pay off based on gate and buy rate, he considered it insane to not build it and do the match on a PPV, instead of getting buried on a throwaway episode of television that within weeks nobody would even remember, so he kind of took it personally.
  • Austin was right as well. A throw away Austin Lesnar match would have been a huge waste. If I remember right it wasn't even something built to from the week before.

Austin could be prickly as anyone (famously wouldn't do a program with double j) but I think mistercrayon is right, the environment creates that. I always thought what made hogan worse was he actively would try to take the shine off others.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Which brings it back to the original point, that Leon White was no more of a dick than most wrestlers of the era, I doubt in a ranking he would even make top 10.

And his work in WCW, NJPW, AJPW and Pro Wrestling Noah was stellar, WWF just dropped the ball on how to book him, so he negotiated his own release and went back to Japan.
  • Which brings it back to the original point, that Leon White was no more of a dick than most wrestlers of the era, I doubt in a ranking he would even make top 10.

And his work in WCW, NJPW, AJPW and Pro Wrestling Noah was stellar, WWF just dropped the ball on how to book him.

Not sure I completely agree. His initial push was excellent, the rumble spot where he nearly costs Michaels his title dream, and then the monsoon attack angle. It was really the follow up after the hbk match at summers lam where the booking tales off and by that point maybe Leon is proving to be too much hassle backstage for a guy who isn't the top guy yet. The rumour was that he was supposed to be in sids spot for survivor series so there were plans to push him. He maybe created the doubt in his ability to be a top guy

The best champs are the guys who really push themselves to get there and give the promoter no reason to look at anyone else. From both Bruce Pritchard and Jim cornettes stories, vader sounded like he was a bit of hard work to get his shit together at times. Maybe that's fine once you get on top but before you get there you have to hustle.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Vader was a top character all around the world.

Vince as Vince always has, believes that all that matters is his little corner of the universe.

They dropped the angle Foley wanted to do playing off Mankind going after the man who cost him his ear after teasing it on television.

As for Michaels, he wanted him out of the field as soon as the match was over telling everyone he was washed up and overrated.

They then turned Vader face for no reason at a time when the company didn’t need it and from there it was all downhill.

Admittedly it didn’t help that he was suffering from depression at the time.
  • You wonder with foley - his ability to remain hot (which is to say vince will pay for this guy to be on mega tv) and not win relied a lot on putting his body through way more than was really sensible.

• More than was really sensible could be the name of a Mick Foley DVD.
  • You wonder with foley - his ability to remain hot (which is to say vince will pay for this guy to be on mega tv) and not win relied a lot on putting his body through way more than was really sensible.

Arguably some of his best work was as commissioner.
  • I guess everybody knew it was coming, WWE moving to BT Sport in January.
  • a wrestler in the uk has died. Didn't know of him though. Looks like someone more independent scene
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Lionheart. He was on the most recent WoS, but was generally known as being one of those who spearheaded the British wrestling revival. He was also on that recent BBC series, Rogue to Wrestler.

He was an absolutely phenomenal live performer. Could hold a crowd in the palm of his hand. If he wanted you to hate him, you'd really hate him, and if he wanted you to cheer him you would adore him. I'll see if I can find some free matches.

Devastated doesn't begin to cover it.
  • Weird that wwe won’t be on sky.

BT have gone all in on fighting sports recently the overlap of Tyson fury, wwe and ufc fans must be quite overlappy.
  • Sky were apparently pissed off over signing WWE with a big increase in rights fees last time, only for WWE to launch the Network and decimate their PPV revenue, combined with the declining viewing figures and they pretty much let them walk away.

I don't know how much the BT Sports deal is worth but hopefully the details will be available at some point.
  • This was the second ever match I saw Lionheart in. The first of many awesome matches he'd have with Trav in Preston. It's really weird to think both of them are gone.

• The best 30 odd days of wrestling of the year is upon us, anyone watching?

4bxawl2mec331.jpg
  • What’s this then?
  • It's a 20 man tournament done in the style of a league. 2 Leagues, 10 wrestlers in each league, they all wrestle each other, the winners of each league then have a match to decide who goes to Wrestle Kingdom (New Japans Wrestlemania) to fight for the title. It's my favourite time of year for wrestling because its always awesome and the matches are incredible.  It also has Dean Ambrose in it and Hideo Itami.
  • The G1 is epic, this years looks like it could be one of the best.
  • I've got this mapped out. Finals will be Ospreay vs Naito. Both Sanada and Ospreay will take Okada's only 2 losses. The story of the A Block is essentially the rise of Will Ospreay and the demise of Hiroshi Tanahashi, who I've got ending on a mere 8 points. B block with be a one match story at the end of the block between Naito and Jay. Moxley will take 3 losses to Naito, Jay and Ishii. I see 4 people alive at the end of A block, Ospreay, Sanada, Okada and Ibushi. Ibushi and Okada goes to a 30 minute draw, Fale upsets Sanada and Ospreay beats the ace to win the block.
  • Stomping Grounds was pretty good!
  • If AEW are going to be using unprotected chair shots, they can fuck right off into the bin.
  • If AEW are going to be using unprotected chair shots, they can fuck right off into the bin.

Apparently it was a gimmicked chair, so it was supposed to be like a cookie sheet, unfortunately it had a wrap around effect and managed to catch him in the back of the head requiring staples.
  • wtf?
  • Fight For the Fallen was weird

G1 has been fucking excellent

Couldn't give a shit what goes down in WWE

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!