Pro Wrestling
  • Rip Animal
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Sami Zayn is a guest on this week's Blindboy podcast, thought you guys may be interested.

It's off the back of a podcast he did a month or so back about kayfabe and modern politics, which I found interesting (wasn't a term I'd heard before).
  • mk64 wrote:
    Rip Animal

Ah man, this fucking sucks. Thought he was older than 60.

Eimd_HRXYAs17_R?format=jpg&name=small

Nick, Politics (from Greek: Πολιτικά, politiká, 'affairs of the cities') is the set of activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations between individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status.
  • I've not watched any wrestling in ages, might need to cancel my sub to wwe network but I really need to get through the old PPV's. Must focus :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Where did you last stop? There's some awful dull crap ppvs out there, especially in the attitude era.
    SFV - reddave360
  • summer slam 99
  • Oh man, the next show has the Kennel from Hell match.
  • Well done on getting through the new gen stuff. I think it was 98 that had some really awful stuff.

Although kennel from hell... thats something to look forward to alright.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Very sad to hear that Pat Patterson has passed away. The creator of the royal rumble gimmick, one of the best 'finish' men in the business, a mcmahon stooge and of course the first ever IC champion. Payday Pat certainly has his place in the wrestling HOF.
    SFV - reddave360
  • yes, king Pat
  • Rip Luke Harper
  • Aye that's a real shame.  Only 41.
  • Jesus, just saw this. RIP to the big man, just as he looked to be getting a push in aew. Crazy to think he was younger than me.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I never really saw the best of luke harper. I think his best for me was when he was part of the whyatt family
  • This BTE tribute video was very nice. I hadn't seen any of the skits the dark order were doing on it but they are a lot of fun. 
  • Royal rumble 2000. Hardcore holly gets introduced as “allegedly weighing in at 400lbs”. What’s that about? He’s no way that heavy.
  • His gimmick at that time was that he was a 'super' heavyweight. I can't remember the details but it was some sort of feud with big show I think and crash Holly used to come out with weighing scales as well.

You've just reminded me that's it's nearly royal rumble time and I haven't a clue what's going on in the fed anymore. Is brock still going strong? Did the fiend gimmick get over? Have ratings plummeted?
    SFV - reddave360
  • The poor Fiend ran afoul of Randy Orton.  Randy doesn't take any shit from evil clowns and literally murdered him.
    brayfiretlc-1000x600-1-1200x900.jpg

I think Alexa Bliss now has the Fiend's powers.

RE Brock he hasn't been around in a good while (since Wrestlemania I think).

Best news is Roman Reigns is now a baddie with Paul Heyman.  He's put it all together and is the best thing going in WWE.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Wow - that's an impressive fatality from young Randall there.

Good to hear Reigns is over and doing well. I think many said the problem wasn't him but the awful super baby face push that Vincent gave him. Looks like the way to get a Samoan over is go white meat face , turn heel when the fans reject the face push and then at some point I assume he goes super hot face.

Will this years rumble be socially distanced?
    SFV - reddave360
  • What is going over when WWE can mute the audience or choose people who aren’t booing.
  • oh it's canned noise for sure
  • Rumble 2000 is the worst rumble upto the year 2000 (not seen the rest yet).
  • Ah no... its not great (and suffers from the crowd being gassed by the street fight and the tables match) but 94 and 95 are pretty awful matches.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I seem to remember 2001 being good.
  • Sorry yea I meant the 30 man bit. The triple h va cactus jack and the Dudley s matches were great.

Chris Jericho is now on the up. Just won the IC. Interesting to see his promos back then when I’ve only ever seen the newer stuff “you just made the list” lol
  • WM2000 is an odd one. 

You can really see why it's called the attitude era, some of the stuff they do with the women is cringing to look at now. (It probably was then but I wasn't watching it then). Test and Adam? T&A win the match yet the camera spends the next five minutes following trish on the way out with a close up. Alost every match has a hot woman following the wrestler. 

Weird seeing Kurt Angle in his early years. I keep waiting to hear "you suck" every entrance and it's not there yet :D 

Also Jericho and the Rock's promo's and speaking generally is incredible. The crowd seem to know every one of their sayings by heart, it's great, shows such dedication to them! 

Enzo and Bid cass now remind me alot of the new age outlaws with their entrance etc
  • oof, what an ending. The rock delivering the rock bottom to all of the McMahon family was epic
  • Anyone watching Dynamite? Everything with the inner circle right now is so good. I'm loving what appears to be their slow breakup. 

Their new year plans promo last night was lots of fun 

Brian Cage throwing Darby Allin through the table from inside the ring was also a really crazy spot.
  • Watching an Indian PPV. It’s not properly started but it’s hard to capture the locality of it through screens watching. Bit odd.

Also royal rumble next week. Anyone in?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!