Pro Wrestling
  • Ok, to catch you up then, Nia had been friends with Bliss, until Bliss was caught on camera tearing Nia to pieces, which was broadcast to the arena. This left Nia in tears, before she went looking for Bliss, who scarpered.

Before that though, Nia had a match with Asuka, where she was subtly turned. She lasted for an absolute age in the Asuka Lock before tapping, and got a standing ovation for her troubles.

Next week Bliss did an apology promo, until *swerve* she actually wasn't sorry! Then Nia came out during Alexa's match as she was trying to run away and confronted her.

Frankly, I never understood why Nia Jax has been a heel all this time. "She's bigger than everyone else" is a shite excuse, Bliss is tiny and plays pure evil brilliantly. Nia is a total sweetheart, quite possibly the loveliest person you could wish to meet, and has multiple overcoming the odds story's in her real life. She's a face that the crowd can totally buy into.
  • Ok, I can completely buy that.

Now recap all the mania  stuff please. This will save me x hours of WWE tv
    SFV - reddave360
  • Brock - Roman. (Universal Championship)

Roman won at Elimination Chamber in a finish that greatly pleased those in attendance, who absolutely didn't want Braun Strowman to win. WWE tried to get people behind Roman by having Brock 'no show' Raw a couple of weeks in a row and have Reigns say he was a bad man.

Reigns was then suspended for a week for confronting Vince because Vince apparently disrespected him by not telling him Brock wasn't there, meaning he had to find out from Kurt Angle in... the opening bloody segment.

Predictably, Reigns then turned up anyway, so Kurt Angle had him arrested by US Marshal's. I assume that the attempted murder of Braun Strowman has finally caught up to him. After being put into cuffs, he proceeded to assault all of the Marshals, then repeatedly beat them down, before Lesnar made the save and suplexed Roman a bunch of times, leaving him to be stretchered out.

Roman Reigns is, apparently, the face.
  • I saw braun win the tag team thing but is he on the card at mania?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The Bar (c) vs. Braun Strowman and TBD (Raw Tag Team Titles)

The Bar claimed to have beaten every tag team on Raw (I believe this is actually true), and therefore issued an open challenge to anyone to face them at Mania, because in there view, it didn't matter who it was.

This was answered by everyone, who because this is wrestling ended up brawling. To settle the matter, Angle declared a Tag Team Battle Royal would decide the number one contenders. After everyone came out, Braun Strowman appeared, and made the ref call for the bell. Because everyone is stupid, they didn't all band together until Strowman was eliminated, and of course the big bastard won.

Angle made it official, provided Braun gets a partner. Braun said he doesn't need one, but he'll get one anyway.

No one knows who it is yet, but there are plenty of ideas. Some are just "well this person doesn't have a match", and otherwise make no sense like Neville. Others have a connection to him, like Elias and Big Show, or what would be a fan favourite combo of him and James Ellsworth. Probably not best for the tag division though.

Side note - Big Show has declared himself retired, but given Vinny Mac convinced Foley to come back weeks after retiring, anything is possible.

Another rumour, though less likely is Rey Mysterio. The biggest obstacle is that Rey is currently injured. He has stated that he'd like to come back, and the company were very impressed with his Rumble appearance and are said to be keen for him to sign full time. The fan reaction was incredibly positive too.

Given his experience with Batista in a big man/little man team, and that he's a 4 time tag champion, he'd form an instantly credible tag team, as opposed to most others who might well be seen as being there because Braun needs someone else to have the match.
  • Fair play dante. You're a modern day fin martin
    SFV - reddave360
  • ok so i've caught up with raw.. 

Bray vs Hardy was one of the most weird and cringing things i've ever seen. It was almost as bad as that house of horrors match he had last year. It's by far the worst gimmick and feels really really out of place. 

hardy is borderline comical but bray is just shit. 

was almost emotional with daniel bryan, he's really good on the mic. 

hope braun pics ellsworth :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Who’s ready for tomorrow?
  • HYPE
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Tomorrow? NXT is tonight.
  • WWE Network currently offering me two months sub for a tenner, so I reckon I'll pony up and watch it on the big screen this year. At least that way if I fall asleep I can watch it on catch-up in the morning.
  • NXT? Never heard of it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    NXT? Never heard of it.

Its wrestling for really, really young kids
  • g.man wrote:
    WWE Network currently offering me two months sub for a tenner, so I reckon I'll pony up and watch it on the big screen this year. At least that way if I fall asleep I can watch it on catch-up in the morning.

I heard they were doing some deal. Im in. This years line up looks great, please dont fuck it up Vince
    SFV - reddave360
  • Watching the hall of fame thing. Mark Henry is a don.
  • Apparently that ceremony went on for five and a half hours and most people had fucked off by the time poor old Goldberg took to the stage.
    aofY1Z6.png
  • Four and a half, it's 5 and a half if you count the hour long "red carpet event", which was basically all the people in the middle arriving.

Ronda stayed to the end though.
  • I'm concerned that Ronda doesn't actually have the chops to succeed in the WWE. Can't wrestle. Can't cut a promo. Can barely string a sentence together. I don't see her stint there ending well.

not conVinced

g.man
  • She’s kinda pretty when she scowls though
  • Fuck me, that show didn't let up.

WrestleMania can't possibly follow that.
  • I decided to watch nxt last night (rare full weekend off) and like last year came away so impressed. The opening 6 way had 3 guys who could all be big future players (and that's not to knock the other 3) in Cole , ricochet and ec3. Cole in particular seems a great mix of heel dx hbk and cm punk.

Woman's match was also pretty Damn good although am I reading it wrong that the heel winner is a good pal of face rousey? Similar issues with good guy triple h in nxt.

Tag match was good too but not as good as last year's belter and the finish seemed stupid (but I'm not up on stories so maybe it made sense)

Title match was strong but I'm not sure if either guy will make it when they hit the main roster.

No rules match was amazing. Great promo pieces as Well, both guys worked their asses off. Gelgado (?) Aka Johnny wrestling is surely the biggest potential star in nxt and I hope he gets the push he deserves.

Overall 6 out of 10. ;)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Reads like a 4.
  • So who’s staying up?
  • Ponied up ma ten spot today, and just back from the garage on a snack run.

I'M IN

g.man
  • Is it tonight?
  • I'm in. But it's 7 hours if you do the kick off show
    SFV - reddave360
  • digi wrote:
    Is it tonight?
    YES
  • I’m in from ten :) first one ever. Got pizza and Stella. So may ramble after 3-4am
  • Got a good feeling about it this year. Doesn't look like the usual shit-show.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm up at 6am so out for the first year in ages

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!