Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm back on the Humble train.  Who wants some free shit?

EDF 4.1 and about 18 random bits of DLC
    Tower Unite
    Late Shift
    Paradigm
    Fight'n'Rage
    Slipstream
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I have a 12 month plan and have questions about how the subscription works for choosing bundles.

I can see the March bundle early unlocks now but I haven't 'bought' it. 

1) If I don't 'buy' it, will I get the bundle automatically at the end of the month?
    2) And if I don't want it, I can pause my subscription?  3) And that will extend my subscription by a month?
    4) I have to pause it before the last Friday of the month?  I read that about monthly subscriptions but wasn't 100% sure that also applied to me.

Thanks
  • I'd like me some edf @subbax.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I have basically the same list going. So x2 of everything folks.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Are any of the others any good?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    I'd like me some edf @subbax.
    It's yours. I'm tucked up in bed so will send the codes tomorrow.
  • Cheers Subbax!
    xxx
  • Lol. Fair.

Already nabbed cultist. And stopped playing it. Next month is a good one.
  • Ffs. Bottom of laptop around the screen has come apart.
  • What? That sounds bad.
    Time for a new notebook face.
  • blowtorch it.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • None of this is answering my very important questions
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    I have a 12 month plan and have questions about how the subscription works for choosing bundles. I can see the March bundle early unlocks now but I haven't 'bought' it.  1) If I don't 'buy' it, will I get the bundle automatically at the end of the month? 2) And if I don't want it, I can pause my subscription?  3) And that will extend my subscription by a month? 4) I have to pause it before the last Friday of the month?  I read that about monthly subscriptions but wasn't 100% sure that also applied to me. Thanks

1. Yes, if you do nothing with the active subscription, it all unlocks at the end of the month.
    2. Once the bundle unlocks fully, or you pay for early access, you'll be charged.
    3. Yes.
    4. Not sure on the exact date but there's a countdown usually on the bundle page.
  • Thanks very much
  • I don't feel that Face is displaying adequate gratitude for all the assistance he's receiving.
  • Pretty interesting to see just how much difference there is now between 4 through to 8 core CPUs in terms of performance in many games. I remember the days when the general wisdom was that games don't use more than 4 cores, and having much more really wasn't important for gaming. Goes to show that there's something in that idea of 'future proofing'...

Interesting vid, I imagine things will change even more in the future as DX12 and Vulkan become the accepted new standard. It makes sense to offload certain tasks from the gpu and feed them to a multicore cpu?

I have this nagging feeling MS might try to use DX12 as their 'super secret sauce' for uniting the Live xbone/w10 ecosystems leaving third party publishers stuck on DX11. I might be wrong but that would be a really, really dick move from MS....Still, there's always Vulkan but that would require extra effort from devs.
  • Probably. Also keep in mind that the next gen of consoles will likely be going with 6 or 8 core CPUs for their SOCs, which will be vastly more powerful than what the XB1 and PS4 use currently. That will open up game design possibilities, at least as far as AI and physics density and other complex interactions are concerned. This means we will likely see a general shift towards games utilising greater system resources, and getting a higher core count CPU now will probably last you a bit longer before it starts to become obsolete.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I don't feel that Face is displaying adequate gratitude for all the assistance he's receiving.

Lel.

Apparently, my back decided to go out in sympathy with my laptop. Stuck on couch. Even have to shitpost in moderation.
  • Probably. Also keep in mind that the next gen of consoles will likely be going with 6 or 8 core CPUs for their SOCs, which will be vastly more powerful than what the XB1 and PS4 use currently. That will open up game design possibilities, at least as far as AI and physics density and other complex interactions are concerned. This means we will likely see a general shift towards games utilising greater system resources, and getting a higher core count CPU now will probably last you a bit longer before it starts to become obsolete.

Speaking of the increasing importance of multicore cpu performance: W10 DarkSouls3 is notoriously shit running in multithreaded mode. I tested this in the nvidia control panel by toggling multithread to singlethread and the performance boost is quite noticable (jumping up from 15 to 25-28fps) @720p (low settings) on my laptop. Game is actually playable now lol. Some of the lighting fx are off but nothing gamebreaking. Seriously From software, wtf? Especially after the amazing performance of the w10 DarkSouls2 port (1080p@60hz), DarkSouls3 is kind of underperforming and feels very unoptimised especially on lower end hardware.

Hopefully From will patch this build but not holding my breath. They'll probably release a remaster ed. + all dlc with improved performance sometime in the near future, just like they did with DS1 and 2. Current DS3 release feels very much like an experimental practice run much like the og windows DS- 'prepare to die'.
  • Hmm, yeah that's pretty weird, turning off multithreaded stuff to get better performance really shouldn't be a thing anymore. Apparently the game has some issue with hyperthreading, one would hope they can get that fixed for future games. Still really hoping a Demon's Souls remake/master becomes a thing one of these days.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Any suggestions on a decent gaming laptop. My MacBook is fine for Slay The Spire on it, but I’ve loaded up Civ 6 and Pillars of Eternity and it sounds like it’s going to take off. I’ve probably got around £1k to play with.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers Goober. Read a review and it looks good. Only two negatives for me are the 90 minute battery life and the flex in the chassis. Do you own this? If so, what real world battery are you getting?
  • Flex in the chassis would worry me, having just sent my Acer back to factory for the screen part bending and snapping.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!