PC gaming.
  • Years ago when i was properly PC gaming (like 10-15 years) i had a cheapo wireless logitech mouse, never had a problem. But then again, i didn't do mapping.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I recently bought this: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CGPZ3ZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Let's me map everything. Using it for Disco fine.
  • Thanks Boris. That's the mid price one I've been eying off.

Even the cheap logitec I currently have does a solid job, I just really need a save and tab button on mouse...
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yup G305 is what I was going to recommend. If you put a lithium AA in there it will be even lighter and have better balance, nice for shooters and stuff.

The recent Logitech gaming mice since the G900 have implemented really very good wireless tech. The same or less latency as a wired mouse, and perfect sensors with no issues. I've seen 'pro' twitch shooters and the like recommend them.

I have rather large hands so the G305 was a bit of a gamble for me, but it turns out the shape is quite neutral and somehow I can use it quite comfortably. The Steelseries Sensei 310 is my go to for everyday use, a larger ambi mouse with excellent grips, but I could easily use the G305 all day if I wanted to. I tend to pull it out for the odd shooter.

The G Pro Wireless is by all accounts an amazing mouse, but for a nonsense price really. I might get one one day. I was able to get a G900 second hand for a decent price a while back, does well as a left hand browsing mouse.

I definitely recommend a lighter mouse, sub 100 grams, less than 90g ideally. Makes it a fair bit easier to lift up and swing around for low sensitivity shooters and the like.
  • I will not be using it for shooters if I can help it.

;)
  • But cheers all makes the decision easy.
  • Yeah realised I rush read through the posts :P

But that should do the job, IIRC you use a laptop? It makes for nice compact mouse you can travel with, the USB dongle stows into the casing too. The only downside might be lack of extra buttons, but you can map what you like with the software. Battery will last forever too. I'm not sure if there are many good options for many buttoned wireless mice that aren't too heavy or something, the G900 has a profile switch button which is nice, might be an option if you can get a used one cheap. It has a rechargable battery that doesn't last so long however...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I got the 310 too, tbh mainly because it matches my steelseries laptop keyboard. But as it’s wired I use it rarely when I sit at my desk next to the laptop.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Yeah I'm also a G305 user; it's light enough with a lithium battery and keeps the I AM A GAMER shit to an aesthetic minimum. 

Would love an even slimmer one though since I'm of the claw/fingertip grip family and have small hands.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Silke wrote:
    and keeps the I AM A GAMER shit to an aesthetic minimum. 

Preach.

I find it weird there's not more of a market/niche for non bad space ship design.

I saw an alienware (of all companies!) laptop recently that was a bit more chill, but that's my mission next laptop, complete stealth/low key design.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I spent ages choosing the right lack of gaming aesthetic for my laptop. It’s got a tiny bit of bling with some subtle gold edging on the black case and a gold MSI logo but that’s it.
  • Some_guy got a custom Dell.

Monster specs, and matte black rectangle. I'm so jealous.
  • G305 looks nice, i absolutely do not need one, but now i want one
  • Wait what's an East European version?
  • It comes with red tooth instead of Bluetooth
  • A very quick look suggests it's something to do with the packaging.
  • Facewon wrote:
    It comes with red tooth instead of Bluetooth

ha, very good
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    The Steelseries Sensei 310 is my go to for everyday use, a larger ambi mouse with excellent grips

Can attest to this, an excellent mouse and I use it for everything from gaming to work. For anything then that requires extra buttons I have a Naga Trinity on standby which has three interchangeable faces. And of course, the Elite pad for games not suited to M&KB
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    My current setup:

ahKkPYs.jpg
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a proper PC keyboard. I’ve never used a mechanical keyboard. Any recommendations on decent wireless ones? Now I’ve gone PC+Sofa I can’t go back!
  • I'M FAMOUS

After many years of using the same keyboard at work i realised it was mechanical and that some people get all excited by that. It is quite nice i guess, apart from the amount of chicken juice it is covered in.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Not sure about wireless but the keyboard I have is the Apex M400 which is a really nice mechanical keyboard. I've really come to like Steel Series this past year, all my gear is theirs at the moment, even the mouse mat.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    That’s a proper PC keyboard. I’ve never used a mechanical keyboard. Any recommendations on decent wireless ones? Now I’ve gone PC+Sofa I can’t go back!

Decent wireless mechanical boards are a bit thin on the ground. I generally don't recommend many of the typical big brands (Corsair etc) as they are often waay overpriced for what you get. There's a lot of really good cheaper chinese boards that can be every bit as good as the big brands, and you can put the savings towards a set of nice PBT keycaps or something else.

This guy often does reviews of odd budget boards that can be quite fleeting -

The Keychron K2 looks like a good bet, about £67 shipped to uk. If I was in the market for a wireless one right now I think that's what I would get.

They do the K4 as well, which has a different layout -

5_c84babe1-46a8-4f00-a5e6-3bdb9a644fc1_1800x1800.jpg

Unless you have specific need for the numpad I would go for the K2 though, the '75%' layout is one of my faves, crams in all the functionality of a tenkeyless in something just a little bit bigger than a 60%. A small keyboard makes a big difference when playing FPS games and for general comfort in my experience.

The Gateron switches are good, I had a board with Gateron Reds which were wonderfully smooth and light. The USB port on the K2 comes out at a weird angle, so if you needed to use that I would probably get a right angled cable to be safe. Looks fine overall though.

This seems ok too -

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers Gurt.

No need for the USB. Wireless all the way :-)
  • The wireless tech in keyboards seems a bit behind that in mice still, so with Bluetooth there might be a little added latency. Check multiple reviews for different models if that is a concern. There is a Corsair K63 Wireless which has a 2.4Ghz mode, though that can interfere with your WiFi if you use 2.4Ghz apparently. It seems overpriced also, shit keycaps, might be an option though not what I would pick.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole of switches!

CherryMX vs Gateron??

Think I’ve got some research to do!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Gurt my laptop tends to run on my 5GHZ network as it’s fairly close to the router.

I’m unlikely to be doing mouse and keyboard for FPS. Mainly for RPGs etc.
  • Gateron switches are generally smoother than Cherry. There's plenty of switch makers that have surpassed Cherry these days actually.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So you’d go Gateron? It kind of feels subjective and down to personal taste which is a pain when you can’t try before you buy. Well I can on Amazon and see what I like I guess :-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!