Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  • Seems ideal for a VC release to me, but you know... Konami.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 3 and 2 are probably the best, this is true. but 3 is nigh on the perfect entry in the series. pacing, characters, boss fights etc. 2 is probably only slightly less on exposition scale than 4.

also REVENGANCE needs a shout surely ;)
  • yeah for having cunt bosses
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Revengeance is amazing, but like Ac!d it's weird sticking it in with the main 5(6)

I got the achievements for beating all the bosses in Revengeance on hard with zero damage taken, ergo I am the cunt now captainphilips.jpeg
  • nice! i forget what difficulty it was but i gave up after getting countless off screen attacks, kinda sucks with the parry system it has.

i have been thinking about it recently, i want to play it again. that scene where Raiden loses his shit and does the joker laugh is amazing.

i like to think it's cannon, 10 years or so post MGS4.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Revengeance is amazing, but like Ac!d it's weird sticking it in with the main 5(6) I got the achievements for beating all the bosses in Revengeance on hard with zero damage taken, ergo I am the cunt now captainphilips.jpeg

tumblr_nvtdenDwIe1uycb9io1_400.gif
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • It's my only achievement in life worth mentioning
  • also there are 7 main games no? or does portable ops not count for some reason...
  • Isn't it like weird quasi-canon or something? I can never remember
  • I thought it was 5 plus peace walker.
  • Metal Gear 1 and 2
    Metal Gear Solid 1-4 and V (GZ and TPP)
    Peace Walker 
    Revengeance

Don't think Acid or Ghost Babel count.
  • portable ops. first psp game (after ac!d), fills in the story between 3 and peace walker. might be the first appearance of the fulton as a game mechanic, has you collecting soldiers much like PW and 5.

156521-Metal_Gear_Solid_-_Portable_Ops_(USA)-1-thumb.jpg
  • Tempy wrote:
    It's my only achievement in life worth mentioning

It was one of the most fun achievements/trophies to go for. Look forward to trying the same trophies on Transformers.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • reckon it won't be as hard as MGS:R, tf has a nice dodge button ;)

reminds me i still need to go back and clean up a few. problem is it will take me a while to re-learn all the controls.
  • The best way of beating Sundowner in MGS:R is by mastering the offensive dodge, so get used to that
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Heathens saying ghost Babel don't count.

Revengeance is also completely mad and perhaps the most kojian of all the plots
  • It isn't main story though. I think it's alternate universe stuff.

I just realised: metal gear solid-GB. Such a goon.

In Europe it was just metal gear solid
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Best soul and themes - MGS 2

Biggest sabotage - MGS 4

Best OST - MGS 3

Best bosses - Hand picked = MGS 3 / Overall = MGS 1

Best gameplay - MGS 5

Best codecs - MGS 3

Best gimmicks - MGS 3

Best mad - MGS 4

Best steroid Meryl - MGS 4

Best Johnny scenes -
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Best Hayter

Haytershoot610.jpg
  • Fuck the Hayters
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I like forgetting about the adverts in MGS 4. I can watch them again. They cost such a boatload of money and so few players even realise they're there. Madness. Part of me is fully capable of sympathizing with Konami.

• That whole first but when you can switch channels and there's a weird chat show. Zwuh?!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I watch those high production PMC ads and think of the current brit army tv ads. Not that we have French models cavorting with a skull octopus yet.

It'd probably be a British bulldog on a pub bar stool. Staring into the camera as the shot creeps in. Guilt tripping your patriotism glands.
  • Mgs3 is the most coherent of the series along with mgs1. Both take place in a continuous area, which gives you a better sense of connection to the area. The advantage of snake eater though is the systems within it. Destroy an armoury or store room and guards become hungry or under equipped. Then add in the various uses for items such as the raikov mask, posion frogs in the fight with the fear, CQC etc. 

I'd argue it still has superior gameplay to TPP.
  • MGS3 has the most feels for me so that's my fave. Best moments.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Vela wrote:
    Mgs3 is the most coherent of the series along with mgs1. Both take place in a continuous area, which gives you a better sense of connection to the area. The advantage of snake eater though is the systems within it. Destroy an armoury or store room and guards become hungry or under equipped. Then add in the various uses for items such as the raikov mask, posion frogs in the fight with the fear, CQC etc.  I'd argue it still has superior gameplay to TPP.

YES NARCOSIS CIG FTW! although the camo system is really annoying. it would be miles better if you didn't have to pause, rather equip it like items.

also i'm fairly sure Rising/Revengance is canon. wheres my robo ninja dog sequel plez
  • I didn't play 2 or 3 until the HD collection, so probably didn't have the same impact then. I've not played 4 at all.

As I've said, I think V is marvellous so would be a clear favourite. After that probably 3, 1 then 2. Peace Walker was good but a little off the pace. I didn't really like Revengeance much.
  • i don't know why PO doesn't get more love, i thought it was better than PW. probably because it was on psp only :/
  • Yup. Never owned a PSP but the HD collection had PW so I got to play it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!