Dishonoured 2: Besmirched
  • Yes, not completely I don't think. But different enough I believe.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hmmm. Glitched achievement? Or he is just stupid. Got achievement Silence. So I won't need that save I did earlier to go back and try and get the achievement. I thought he got alerted when I was seen by soldiers.
  • Just finished off Addermire. Was the first really good mission, I thought. Really nicely structured with lots of ways through. On my way to the Mansion now.

Haven't got a lot of powers yet, but Emily's link has been useful.
  • Ooohhhooohhoo wait till you see the next level.
  • Did the Clockwork Mansion yesterday after a good few hours. I think more than anything I just found it confusing.

Still enjoying it overall, but a lot like the first game, it involves too much trial and error, quick saving and reloading, first time round, until you fully understand the layouts and objectives. It often all clicks just after you've fucked everything up, and only really works if you reload and do it again.

The other issue with it is that it's now in the shadow of MGSV, and that set the bar for stealth action so high anything else feels a bit lacking. Just that one mechanic of being able to scan an area you're about to enter and tag the enemies so you keep track affords you so much more freedom to experiment and have fun.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Dh1 suffers from the same issue where it's much much more fun if you play everything by ear. Cheevos and an easy quick save system do it harm.
  • That way I find it all just goes to shit and I end up killing everyone. Then it's all too straightforward.
  • Dish2 is merely a great game on paper. Everything in the description of the game would be great but just kind of soulless.
  • Was starting to think it was getting too repetitive but then mission 7 has dropped something new into the mix. 
    Spoiler:
    Very nice.
  • Just got to that last night. 20 hours so far. I think I may be scouring every nook and cranny a bit too much. Mission 6 is easiest to ghost.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I recommend knocking out Stilton when you meet him in the garden just because it's the catalyst for something pretty cool you otherwise would'nt see.
  • Hadn't thought of that. I guess it would change things.

I've been going through it all far too slowly as well, plus abusing quick save/load too much. Looking for runes and bone charms and trying not to kill anyone. Actually irritated myself sometimes with my inability to just get on with it. It's not like I've ghosted every mission either, and even got lumbered with a fatality in one mission for killing one of those demon dog things - didn't think that would count.
  • I had exactly the same thing, chasing perfection in detriment to enjoying the flow of the game. Still don't know if it's the game's fault or mine.
  • A bit of both maybe. Sometimes I'm reloading because the game rules aren't transparent enough and things go wrong in ways that don't seem to make sense. Plus it's worth finding quite a few runes, which does involved scouring the areas quite thoroughly.

But there's also some OCD and perfectionism on my part, which is definitely me fault.
  • Mission 8 was another good 'un. Lovely architecture to jump on folk from and I was less fussy for once (I was fairly sure someone had died when I tried to reach their unconscious body from afar and instead it catapulted somewhere behind me, but it didn't register in the end of level stats).

Looks like we're heading towards the finale now. I've been non-lethal on all my targets so far, but that Delilah...
  • I went lethal on both of the dudes on Mission 6 after already having cracked the code. Just wanted the achievements.
  • Cos may or may not get time for NG+ with Corvo for mass murderer run. Also noticed I missed my first painting of the game, on mission 6. Fuck sake.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I recommend knocking out Stilton when you meet him in the garden just because it's the catalyst for something pretty cool you otherwise would'nt see.

Great shout. For definite. The game is much much better played in a stealthy way.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    A favourite thing to do was hack walls of light then far reach yank enemies into it from the other side.
  • Well isn't Mission 7 lovely. Thanks for tip Bollo. Pretty sure I would've done that anyway as it's what I doing to everyone! Yes, even civilians. The world is asleep.
  • Think it's mission 7 I'm on and have been since November. Just never went back despite really enjoying it. Or at least I believed i was. Need to get back in.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I refuse to believe anyone can just leave the game at Mission 7.
  • three1ne wrote:
    Think it's mission 7 I'm on and have been since November. Just never went back despite really enjoying it. Or at least I believed i was. Need to get back in.

Me too.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Burnout may be. It's genuinely one of my fav games I've played over last 5 years. I don't really know why I stopped. Too repetitive? Poor story? No connection to characters? I honestly don't know. Game play wise, bugs and flaws considering, it's great. It's fun. And I feel like I've just got to one of the most interesting points in the game. I already can't wait to play again with other character and different play style. I'm pretty sure I love it.

I just can't quite be bothered to start playing it again.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's kinda how I felt with the first one. Too much effort needed, not enough reward.
  • I started NG+ but only did the 1st mission again and decided not to bother. I want to piss about with different powers and effects but I just find it too difficult too often. There's so much there but the mechanics aren't quite slick enough.

Guards turn around too quickly and suddenly, or the button prompt for takedowns doesn't appear when I expect (if a guard is sitting down or leaning against something it refuses to let you take them out non-lethally most of the time). Then it's have a fight or reload or run away and wait. Also, the L2 button is doing far too much work, having all the items and powers assigned to it. Not sure what the solution is to that, but it makes things quite fiddly.

Then again, I've never really been comfortable with first person perspective in games - find the area of vision too narrow and control imprecise - so maybe I'm just not good at it.
  • Djornson wrote:
    got this for xmas woo

and today i started playing it! 

it's doesn't feel any different to the first one so far, which is fine i guess.

went with Emily going to try whole playthrough wihout killing anybody! that will last like 2 days i guarentee it
  • Restarted last night as Corvo.

Got the trophy for no alarms first level... there's actually quite a straight forward path but it did take a lot of reloads.

Not sure how long I'll last softly softly but it's better now I'm more familiar with the gameplay.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Having a lot more fun on my second play through going loud and occasionally consulting a guide so as not to miss anything.

There's a lot going on in the levels it'd be hard to see stealthing about and you need a lot of runes to get creative just off to the third level to see what chaos I can cause
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Imo it'd be a better/more fun game if you had all powers from the start and runes were just for upgrades. The first had the same issue.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!