Pokéthread
  • level 29, creeping up
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Level 32 now. 206 in the dex.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Just out of curiosity, if you bought Sun/Moon, would you be able to actually "catch them all"? I'm assuming you'd need some other titles in the series, bare minimum. Would you have to dig out, I dunno, Silver, a Gameboy, an N64, and a Transfer Pak?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You'd need all the 3DS games (including both versions). The old legendaries were provided in ORAS so you don't need to go further back than that.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ah, gotcha.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Oh, while I'm here, Marshadow codes are available at GAME now until the middle of November.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    You'd need all the 3DS games (including both versions). The old legendaries were provided in ORAS so you don't need to go further back than that.
    Would swapsies give you them all? In theory?
    Trades or whatever they are called.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Level 32 now. 206 in the dex.

I started playing again during the Equinox event. Jumped 2 levels upto lvl34 and caught shit loads of gen 2 stuff(of which I only had the babies when I stopped playing,well all except a Cleffa(which I still havent seen or caught atm) so with the bonus xp for new entries & a few evolve grind seasons the xp got smacked on

Also caught 2 of the legendary dogs & tbh, part of me is a bit gutted that I missed the birds & Lugia.

Enjoying the new raid & gym systems, easily make in-game cash now. The old system was a bit of a nightmare but I do miss tearing down lvl10 gyms but I never made any cash due to activity of the gyms in my area, new system has changed that.

Caught 225 seen 236. My mate who carried on playing has everything that has been made available in this country including the regional safari zone 'mon & all the Unown which is bloody crazy.

Still no Mewtwo EX pass for me & him tho atm.

• Lots of negative buzz surrounding ultra sun and moon, but I’m looking forward to jumping back in and it looks like a whole new story.

I enjoyed going from White to white 2, and wished they did Z after x&y.

I think I just really enjoy playing Pokemon even if it’s just a reskin. Just a nice world to be in and the core mechanics work.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Lots of negative buzz surrounding ultra sun and moon...

That's a shame. I'd rate Moon as my favourite Pokey Mans, and was relieved to find the Ultra games are more akin to Black/White 2 than they are Yellow/Crystal. I'm pondering the steelbook edition of UM, FFS. Ah well, fingers crossed it's just bog standard internet nerd rage.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Is there any specific negative buzz? For me, I just don't feel that excited. It kinda feels they're tossing out some last-minute enhanced/sequel versions to give the B-team something to do while they develop the Switch versions.
  • It’s very much what you say, very few fans are interested and many saying it’s one of the very few they’ll probably skip, thinking it’s a lame cash in (and too close to the release of the original sun/moon).

I’m inclined to think this is mainly because gamefreak have not said a whole lot about it, so no one really has any hype.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think they made a mistake with the titling/format. Compared to the previous additional releases it's hard to place what they are and they just kinda come across as quick rehashes.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    I think they made a mistake with the titling/format. Compared to the previous additional releases it's hard to place what they are and they just kinda come across as quick rehashes.

This. I initially had zero interest in UM/US, as they sounded like Yellow/Crystal, albeit with two versions. I really enjoyed Moon, but Moon++ can get to fuck; Moon II is another kettle of fish entirely.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I still haven't bought a moon or sun, and hardly knowing what the difference will be between the two (story I guess? Pokémon? Do you need both moon and ultra moon to get all new Pokémon or would just ultra be fine? Confusing) makes it hard to get hyped for this. Plus knowing price will be the same in 5 years, and it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy.

Another thing that might have killed it was when realizing how much there is still left to do in either Y or AS, forgot which one but there are apparently quite some special Pokémon hidden in one of them. I remember some creature coming down from space as one of the last things I've done. Not captured that one.
  • cindemon wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    Level 32 now. 206 in the dex.
    I started playing again during the Equinox event. Jumped 2 levels upto lvl34 and caught shit loads of gen 2 stuff(of which I only had the babies when I stopped playing,well all except a Cleffa(which I still havent seen or caught atm) so with the bonus xp for new entries & a few evolve grind seasons the xp got smacked on Also caught 2 of the legendary dogs & tbh, part of me is a bit gutted that I missed the birds & Lugia. Enjoying the new raid & gym systems, easily make in-game cash now. The old system was a bit of a nightmare but I do miss tearing down lvl10 gyms but I never made any cash due to activity of the gyms in my area, new system has changed that. Caught 225 seen 236. My mate who carried on playing has everything that has been made available in this country including the regional safari zone 'mon & all the Unown which is bloody crazy. Still no Mewtwo EX pass for me & him tho atm.

has caught all of the unown? fuck thats sick
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun "closest to Emerald compared to Ruby/Sapphire". Seems I was wrong when I compared UMUS to Black 2/White 2.

• also pokemon go is getting the next update asap - gen 3
  • @MK yeah he got all the ones that spelt "Europe" & "Safari" the only one released so far over here. You tap it on the dex and it brings up a little collection dex screen.

Bit gutted I stopped playing when they were released. They are "allegedly" still out there spawning, just even more rarer than the event spawns, which themselves were pretty rare. Only ever seen one myself in a gym.

Talking of gyms, I have nearly turned the 2 close to me to gold. Can't wait to see how many items I can get out of it on a 7th day spin. On silver it drops about 29/30 items.

Double candy means I'm definitely doing some grind walks over the next 2 weeks as I desperately need Mareep candy.

Second wave of Mewtwo EX passes were released this week, still no invite. Also still not doing raids when work/life etc takes me outside of Bristol as knowing my luck I will end up getting a pass for some bloody gym miles away.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Someone's posted a thing from Japan that shows what the version exclusives are. Looks like it's similar to the originals plus some more. I got Sun last time so I guess I'll get Ultra Moon. I hope there's more than one of the new version-exclusive Ultra Beasts or it will feel very gougy.
  • Interesting that they are going for swap for completion. When they did it with black and white consistent colouring was the best way to complete.
  • Yeah I thought they’d do bw2 style as well. Guess I’ll need moon this time... they haven’t stuck to ‘daytime at night and night time at day’ again have they?
  • New Halloween costume Pokémon out now
  • level 33 now. Those boxes are great value for grinding. 

Level 40 is insane in terms of the curve for levelling up. Would take me months and months! Still no where near that. 

New regional level 5 today. 

Can't wait for Gen 3. Saving up for that.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

Further to this, they've just announced complete legendary redistribution in USUM so you might be able to get the entire National Pokedex just from the new pair of games.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I preordered this

1GEbAB7.jpg

the dual edition. But I just realised Skyrim Switch comes out on the same day. I wonder which game is getting shelved for a bit?
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ugghhhh. So I bought Alpha Sapphire and am buying Ultra Moon but it seems they overlap in terms of legacy legendaries so I'm going to end up with dupes. Is there anyone getting Ultra Sun that would be up for swapsies?
  • yes please! Happy for swapsies. I have a pokebank with some dupes in too, but seem to remember I played alpha sapphire too.
  • Finally got a Mewtwo raid pass. I expect I will get rubber finger when it comes to the catch & the fecker will flee.
  • how come? What level are you?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!