NieR Automata - New game from PlatinumGames
  • That's Ending [A] then
  • Starter served. Now onto the main course & dessert.
  • OK - just finished The A route - I refrained from dropping to easy and I agree that once you get used to dodging and you have enough recovery items the fights aren’t really an issue.

Really enjoyed the first play through and looking forward to seeing how it expands with subsequent plays - one question - do the other routes take as long to play? I had heard they’re a bit shorter (which suits me) but it’d be good to know.

I also ordered the soundtrack CD from Play-Asia - absolutely amazing stuff.
  • B is basically the same, but you might get through it quicker now you're familiar with the layout. C is a bit shorter.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    OK - just finished The A route - I refrained from dropping to easy and I agree that once you get used to dodging and you have enough recovery items the fights aren’t really an issue.

Really enjoyed the first play through and looking forward to seeing how it expands with subsequent plays - one question - do the other routes take as long to play? I had heard they’re a bit shorter (which suits me) but it’d be good to know.

I also ordered the soundtrack CD from Play-Asia - absolutely amazing stuff.

The cd soundtrack is amazing, picked it up last year in Tokyo - don't think you will get the bonus cd however as it was a time limited thing. I don't even want to tell you what the bonus cd is as you're only on route A.

The second route is the second longest. Maybe a couple of hours shorter although there are also more sidequests to do. They do get shorter as you go on.
  • On to Route B tonight. I skipped 90% of the Sidequests on Route A so I guess I should start doing them now.
  • I’m now on route C - I need a bit of advice as I’ve nearly just snapped my pad in half with frustration...
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Spoiler:
    It was my least favourite part of the game, but I got it third or fourth time, so I could forget it fairly quickly.
  • Yeah, that bit was really shit. Can't really remember the route, but you have to do that dash jump towards the end so need to get there in decent time.

Managed it second time, which is good because I might've given up if I'd had to keep trying.
  • I did it - Went the long way around and managed to just about make it - you can see what they were going for but it’s a really terribly designed task.
  • It was the bit right after that which did me in. Then I got a chance to buy stuff and it turned out I had a ton of chip upgrades available, allowing me past the 40 limit. Now I am invincible.
  • Except when a suicide enemy instakills me with zero warning and wipes an hour of progress.
  • I finished this and I have to say it didn't really do all that much for me.

Lots of cleverness but I never properly felt hooked at any point. If you keep pulling the rug out from under people eventually they'll just lie down. I feel like I get what it's going for but it just didn't land for me. Perhaps knowing stuff about it going in ruined it for me. Oh well. Don't regret my time with it at least.

A solid 7 in Edge money, or maybe an 8 because of the music and some of the humour
  • I'm currently on...
    Spoiler:
  • Think I preferred hacking to the fighting overall. A little less repetitive perhaps or just a welcome change of pace.

Would also probably say that the game was spoiled a bit by knowing too much beforehand, even though I didn’t really know that much and no one had actually spoiled anything in particular. Was just the general effect of reading about how amazing things were going to happen later, so nothing could really be a surprise. Would’ve been good to play it when it was new or before coming to this thread.
  • Yeah, I ageee with that. Felt like I was waiting for a moment that never came, and I never really cared about the characters. The pacing felt all over the place in Route A as well, very little sense of escalation or threat to me.
  • Finished C/D/E - Aside from some niggly sequences and a bit too much padding I absolutely loved it - tempted to start again so I can go and do all the upgrades / side stuff
  • A year ago (yesterday) Nier Automata was released. Compose does a look back:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/03/07/one-year-later-composer-keiichi-okabe-looks-back-at-nierautomata/
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Have I done it right? Tried 2 ways to post the message video from Yoko Taro.
  • I did better with the video it seems!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ctrl-shift-v should have removed the formatting on your text post. Think I actually learned that from Tempy and it's really useful.

Also read parts of in interview some of the staff did with I think famitsu, apparently there's still a secret in the game no one found yet.

Found the article
  • Yep Tempy told me too, but I still forget as I post quickly while also ‘working’. (I only ever post from my phone though so use the text icon option thing rather than having ctrl-shift-v etc)
  • Wtf i just got rhis and beat a big spinning digger arm thing....carried on and had to face two of the same...they recked me with no where to move or hide.
    In other games i woulda had a checkpoint or save point nearby, what gives?
  • An unfortunately harsh opening. Get past that bit you died on and you’ll be fine from then on.
  • digi wrote:
    Wtf i just got rhis and beat a big spinning digger arm thing....carried on and had to face two of the same...they recked me with no where to move or hide. In other games i woulda had a checkpoint or save point nearby, what gives?

I started this at the weekend and had the same. You only get save points once you get past the opening boss/prologue bit. Shove it on easy difficulty (you can change it later) and keep hitting the dodge button (R2).
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • Cheers guys

On my continue/load screen it says,
    Endings: W

Wtf lol
  • Dodge basically has zero cool down so spam it. Those robo things are slow and follow deliberate patterns you shouldn't have much trouble.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!